Quantcast Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report - Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report - Day 1

Cast members
    Me - 43
    DH - 49
    DS - 17
    DD - 9

We had a great first trip to WDW. Magical Express was truly "magical". We arrived in Orlando at about 10:30 a.m. There was very little wait for the bus and our bags magically appeared and were waiting for us in our room after our first day at MK. We stayed at the POFQ which was a nice resort. Check in went smoothly and our room was ready when we arrived at about 12:00 p.m. We weren't blown away by the rooms or the mousekeeping service but overall the resort was nice......the pool, food court, Jackson Square shop, bus service were all nice. We left tips every day for mousekeeping and got no special service or nice little animal towel surprises ........a little disappointing since I saw several towel animals in some bottom floor windows. Anyway......... our first day we went to none other than MK. It was so exciting to finally see that castle!! We hadn't had lunch and went strait to Frontierland and ate at Pecos Bill's at around 1:15p.m.. Food was good but boy was it crowded. After eating we grabbed a fast pass for Splash Mountain and went to the standby line for BTMRR. Only about a twenty minute wait...........great ride!!! We then went and rode Haunted Mansion, then back to Splash. After splash we went over to Adventure Land and saw Jack Sparrow!!!. He was giving a pirate tutorial and was great!! After watching Jack we rode Pirates with about a fifteen minute wait. After pirates we grabbed a fast pass for the Jungle Cruise, went and rode Aladin's Magic Carpets, bought an autograph book and pen, met Aladin and Genie (complete with pics and autographs) then back to ride Jungle Cruise. Cute ride......the CM was entertaining too. After Adventure land it was time to get over to Crystal Palace for our dinner resi. We really enjoyed Crystal Palace. The food was good and so was the service. My DD was really excited because when Pooh signed her autograph book, he wrote: to Aubrey from Pooh. No one had told Pooh her name and she thought it was truly magical!!! She got Tigger's and Piglet's signatures as well and I took lots of pics. After dinner we went back to Frontierland to grab a spot to watch SpectroMagic. We sat right across from Pecos Bill's and had great seats. No one in front of or behind us. As we waited my DH bought one of those neat string things that glow in the dark for our DD. I do believe that this parade was my favorite attraction at MK. I know it sounds stupid to some but I got tears in my eyes just watching the magic and listening to the music as the floats went by. It was so much larger than life and I was finally there!!! After Spectro we walked over to check out Tomorrow land and checked out Stitch. There was absolutely no wait and after seeing the attraction I knew why. The kids thought it was entertaining though. Stitch is my daughter's favorite character. After Stitch, we went to Town Hall and grabbed some 1st visit pins and hung out in shops on Main Street until Wishes........... A great ending to a wonderful first day.
    Ginger

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great start! I have an Aubrey too! She's my Can't wait to read more of your reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Great first day!!!

As for Spectro......I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I think it is my most favorite parade of all time!!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great first day.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger205b View Post
    I know it sounds stupid to some but I got tears in my eyes just watching the magic and listening to the music as the floats went by. It was so much larger than life and I was finally there!!!
    Not stupid at all! Isn't it wonderful to be touched by the magic like this?

What a great way to start your first trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy neighbor! We live in Longview, too!

I am glad you enjoyed your first trip to WDW!! It sounds like it definitely won't be your last!!

I STILL cry at most nighttime spectaculars (Wishes, Spectro, Fantasmic...)
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, don't worry about it - lots of us here on Intercot report getting misty eyed at the parades and other nightime shows - me included! All I have to hear is the parade music on Live 365 and I'm back there again! Sounds like you had a flawless first day!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

wow 20 minutes for BTMRR is great! and spectromagic is still one of my all time favorite things about disney eventhough i've gone many many times since my first visit at age 2 glad that it was magical for you and your family
    "Here is the list of things to do while I'm away: Batteries need to be replaced. Toys in the bottom of the chest need to be rotated. Oh, and make sure everyone attends Mr. Spell's seminar on what to do if part of you is swallowed."

pogo Guest

What a way to start your first WDW trip !

I can't wait to read more.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Ginger205b;1236889]
    I know it sounds stupid to some but I got tears in my eyes just watching the magic and listening to the music as the floats went by. It was so much larger than life and I was finally there!!! QUOTE]

Doesnt sound stupid to me. I always get tears in my eyes watching the parade and seeing the fireworks....it is the magic!

It sounds like a great first day! Thanks for sharing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

What a magical day. So, how DID Pooh know Aubrey's name?
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We don't know. We're guessing maybe he overheard us but then again........it could be magic!!!
    Ginger

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: