Quantcast Sept. with NO "Wonderful Weeks of Disney"?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sept. with NO "Wonderful Weeks of Disney"?

I've always heard Sept. was low crowds, but I noticed on the WDW website that only the last day of sept. was marked as being part of the "wonderful weeks at disney" which is supposed to be low crowds, etc.
    Also, if anyone can clarify when the Little Ones travel time starts, I'd appreciate it. Is it Sept. 6 or Aug. 26?
    We've never been in Sept. and are a little leary of the heat, but may be swayed if the crowds are really low...
    WDW-Feb 08 ASMu
    WDW-Apr 07 POP
    WDW-Nov 04-07 POR
    WDW-Nov 01-03 Dixie Landings

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can tell you is that we always go in Sept and the crowds are low. We went last Sept and almost every ride was a 30 min or less wait. The weather was very hot and humid the week we went but would glady take the heat over the crowd any day. A cast member told us the they were having some unusaually humid weather that Sept. Also the prices for Sept are some of the lowest for the year incuding airline, rental car.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

September is definitely our favorite time to go - low crowds and the weather is still pretty decent.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Just keep in mind, it is hurricane season in mid-late September.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatGat View Post
    I've always heard Sept. was low crowds, but I noticed on the WDW website that only the last day of sept. was marked as being part of the "wonderful weeks at disney" which is supposed to be low crowds, etc.
    Also, if anyone can clarify when the Little Ones travel time starts, I'd appreciate it. Is it Sept. 6 or Aug. 26?
    We've never been in Sept. and are a little leary of the heat, but may be swayed if the crowds are really low...
    The rest of the weeks in September are listed under the wonderful weeks of disney for summer. Those start on 8/12 until the end of September.

As for the crowds they will be less than the summer time period but the heat can be too much for some people.
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I have been to the World the last 2 Septembers (3 of the last 4, actually), and will be down again this year. 2 of those times we took advantage of the free dining promotion. Even with that, the crowds were minimal. I will say that the farther past Labor Day you go, the better you are. That weekend was somewhat crowded, but mainly only on Sunday.

The weather is still quite hot most days. We take advantage of the water parks, the pool, and a nap, and are usually good to go. I know that it is hurricane season, but I have 2 opinions on that.

1) In the 3 times we've been there, never been impacted.
    2) A good friend was in Disney during the last hurricane to plow through. His report was a early closure 1 day, and a late start the next morning. Other then that, Disney magic the rest of the trip. To each his / her own, but we never have been dissuaded due to hurricane threats.

All that being said, I'd recommend against going in September. Need to keep people away so that DW and I can keep our small crowds!!
    1986, 1995 - Off Property
    1995 - B.V. Palace
    2002 - PORS
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    2006 - CBR
    2007 - AKL
    2008 - Saratoga Springs
    Spring 2009 - BCV
    Fall 2009 - CSR
    Winter 2009 - VWL
    Spring 2010 - BWV
    Fall 2010 - Kidani & Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
    December 2010 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We love September so much that we have gone then 8 of the last 10 years and are going back again on September 14th.

Very hot, darn love bugs, but, the crowds are very low.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto.....Went during the middle of last September and LOVED it. Easy to get around, low wait times at the parks, restaraunts a little crowded due to the free dining plan (not complaining about that though!!)

Weather was fine. Coming from Oklahoma where we were at the end of a heat wave, isn't wasn't a big deal, little sticky but fine. I can't think of a time that we were uncomfortable.

We were lucky, but it rained for one hour of one day that we were there (7 days)
    September 06--Pop Century Resort

September 08--Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! We are flexible with our schedule, so any week in sept or oct would be fine. If the crowds are at their lowest the second week of sept,then I may do that...
    I do dread the heat, but hopefully we can get much in early and late in the day when it's a little cooler.
    Thanks!
    WDW-Feb 08 ASMu
    WDW-Apr 07 POP
    WDW-Nov 04-07 POR
    WDW-Nov 01-03 Dixie Landings

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: