Quantcast california grill & fireworks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default california grill & fireworks

can anyone suggest a time to book a dinner reservation for the cali grill if we are interested in watching the fireworks while we eat?
    thank you!
    one more day 'til i can make my adrs!

1974 & '75 - offsite
    every other year as a child all at contemporary
    1995 - wilderness lodge
    1999 - yacht club
    2005 - beach club
    2007 - beach club villas

2012 - beach club villas!
    2013- Beach club - marathon weekend

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on when the fireworks are scheduled on the day you want to dine there. On our last trip, we made a reservation for 5:30 p.m. Wishes was scheduled for 6:30 p.m. We had a wonderful window table and the timing was perfect - fireworks after appetizers and before the entree!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I had the exact same concern on one of my previous trips. We didn't want to be waiting to be seated when they went off.

I would say a good rule would be to have your reservation between 30 - 90 minutes prior to the scheduled fireworks.

My thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like

We usually make an ADR for an hour before Wishes too. If you don't get a window seat with a view of the MK there is a large outside viewing area. Even when we've gotten a great table with a view of the MK we still go outside on the walkway to watch Wishes. It's so nice standing outside. I love it

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I would say make them at least 1 hour before the fireworks are suppose to start. You will easily spend more then an hour eating at California Grill. Also if it is still there, there is a walkway up by the reasturant that you walk on with great night time views of the MK.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone
    we generally go out on the walkway to watch so i'm not super concerned with a window seat but our timing is usually left up to chance however this year i have a little boy who is looking forward to them!

1974 & '75 - offsite
    every other year as a child all at contemporary
    1995 - wilderness lodge
    1999 - yacht club
    2005 - beach club
    2007 - beach club villas

2012 - beach club villas!
    2013- Beach club - marathon weekend

Post Thanks / Like

I would say around 1 - 1 1/2 hours prior to the fireworks is ideal. Request a window seat as soon as you check in and if there aren't any available I would suggest waiting at the bar.
    When I was there in February, I could only get ADRs for 6:10 and Wishes was at 8. I was planning on drawing dinner out for a long time, but there weren't any window seats available when we got there. They said there would be one available in about 45 min, so we waited at the bar, had a couple of drinks and the mushroom flatbread After 30 min, our table was ready and it was the best seat in the house!! We had a fantastic dinner and Wishes was right before we had dessert.
    I think the trick is to wait until the first seating, which I think is 5pm, is over and then grab the good tables
    Good luck with the rest of your ADRs!!
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

1/12-VWL; 9/11-SSR-Grandstand; 5/11-SSR-Grandstand **First DVC Stay!!**; 10/10-POFQ; 9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**; 2/07-SSR- Paddock; 3/04-AKL; 5/01-DL Paris; 3/01-VWL; 12/00-Off-Site; 1/99-AS Music; 2/97-AS Sports; 2/95-AS Music; 6/93-OKW
    And many times prior...

Post Thanks / Like

Call the ADR number, and tell them that you want to make reservations at the CG and that you want to watch the fireworks. The Cast Member will ask you which days you are staying and will look up the firework schedule for you, then suggest times.

When we ate there at 6:00 last week, the maitre de told us that we were welcome to return to watch the fireworks later in the evening from the observation decks.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We made our ADR 1 hours before Wishes and went out on the main viewing platform to watch it - it was magical. We then went back to our table for dessert - perfect.
    Benny
    New Zealand

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: