Quantcast talk me through resale

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question talk me through resale

I am pretty sure we are going to buy via resale at some point in the next month ( if we find the right number of points at the right resort). I was just hoping someone could talk me through what the steps will be like. When we find a contract that we are interested in and we contact the company to bid, I assume their is a good faith deposit made...is it a set number or % ? What happens next....do most people counter offer like in the sale of a house? I just am unsure what to expect and would like to be as informed as possible before I start the process.
    Also I've seen alot of talk about the timeshare store, has anyone worked with anyone else?
    Thanks,
    Meg

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Once you make a bid and the seller excepts, a deposit will be required. The amount will depend on the company you are dealing with. Once they receive the deposit they will forward the paper work to the DVC, once it passes the RORF the agent will contact you back with the instructions on all the paperwork and go over the arrangements for payment. It does take a few weeks from start to closing, and it would be best if you have access to a fax machine since alot of the paperwork can be cmpleted faster.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Our resale purchase took 8 weeks from first call to being in the Disney system. Though it took a while, the process was very easy. We had financing pre-arranged, so I'm sure that made it a bit simpler. Everything was done through e-mail and fax machine. We sent our deposit check (10%) and final payment/paperwork via Express Mail.

One suggestion would be that when you make your offer, try to do so by adjusting the closing costs and/or maintenence fees instead of a price reduction "per point". Though not an exact science, the lower the point cost, the better chance Disney will snatch it out from under you, and you'll have to start the process all over again.

BTW, our purchase was done through Jerry at The Timeshare Store.
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We also bought resale, Scot at the TSS.

Our entire process took about 7.5 weeks from receipt of signed contract/deposit. It would have been a bit quicker had the post office not inexplicably held some of the bank paperwork for over a week (postmark was right, delivery date OFF).

Here is the timeline:

2/2 (Fri): Returned from renting points, found good contract, and sent Scot an email to make an offer of $1/pt lower and with an agreement to bank some outstanding points. He called me within the hour to tell me that my offer was accepted, and emailed me the paperwork that day. It required some notarization and a 10% deposit.
    2/5 (Monday): Notarized paperwork and fedexed overnight
    2/6: Paperwork received, loan application (through Benchmark Bank, TSS's preferred lender) submitted, submitted for ROFR
    2/8: Approved for loan
    2/14: Passed ROFR
    2/15: Received some emailed paperwork from closing services, faxed back
    3/12 (Mon): Sent closing paperwork to complete.
    3/15: Returned paperwork, 2-day
    3/16 (Fri): Loan paperwork received (snafu w/ post office, not TSS/closing services/bank fault)
    3/19 (Mon): Paperwork received, missing some info, fixed and faxed back. Returned loan information to bank.
    3/25 (Mon): Check received at closing services from bank, contract closed.
    4/2 (Sat): In Disney's system, first reservation made.

HTH!
    Kat
    DVC Member, home resort BWV
    1985, 1991, 1993 Off-site
    September 2006 Coronado Springs
    October 2006 POFQ/CSR
    January 2007 CBR/OKW
    May 2007 CSR/VWL
    Sept 2007 CSR/BCV/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question (please forgive my ignorance). We are already DVC members. Just bought in through Disney at SSR last year so this is all still new to us. If we were to make our next purchase through the The Timeshare Store and everything goes well and we are added to the Disney System, does all of that info show up on the DVC Member website, or do I have to keep up with that contract seperately?
    ~Tripp West
    Dream CMO Top 3!

1977, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2005, 2006,
    DVC Trips
    12/2006(SSR), 2/2007(OKW),9/2007(OKW),12/07 (ASM-Got a great AP Discount),3/08 (BWV)

Post Thanks / Like

Zippy;

If you purchase a resale with the same use year as your existing membership, it will all show up together at DVC. If you purchase a different use year, you will have two separate memberships.

Even if everything is the same use year, if you own two different resorts you have to keep track of the two flavors separately for things like the 11 month vs 7 month reservation window.

We own BWV and BCV, and end up using banking and borrowing to group our points by resort to simplify things. For example, we used all BWV points for our 2006 trip, including some we borrowed from 2007. We will be using all BCV points for our 2007 trip, including some banked 2006 points.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: