Quantcast Brown Derby at MGM?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brown Derby at MGM?

I am contemplating a lunch at the Brown Derby (the menu seems more appealing). It will be me, DH, DS9 and DS3. Opinions?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Love it!

Jenn,

This is Nigel's and my favorite restaurant on property. If we book nothing else for the Honeymoon, this will be it! The service is always impecable, the meal top notch, and we will continue to go back. The atmosphere is a lot of fun too, all the characatures on the walls make for fun stuff to look at.

Now, I will say this much, the places is very open, so lots of noise tends to resonate. Of course, you use your own judgement on how your little ones will be in this atmosphere where there is less kid stuff to do. But if you think they will be OK, I think you and Brian will love it!

Enjoy!!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

We went for dinner some time back and loved it.

The cobb salad was really really good! I'd go for lunch just for that.

DS was I think 8 then and had a great time, it's only oddity is the formal table settings (for in the park dining) but that's hardly an issue.

If it fits in with your plans (and I think you don't use the DDP so that's not an issue) I'd say go for it!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know the same thing..We have been thinking about it for lunch also..same reason that you mention..the lunch menu appeals more to us also. Anyone eat lunch there as opposed to dinner?
    Phyllis

Post Thanks / Like

Default brown derby

i would HIGHLY recommend either lunch or dinner at the brown derby. you can't go wrong with either one. it's my favorite place to eat in any of the disney parks. great atmosphere, food, service - just a great place to go. it's also great to sit out on the patio and eat.

Post Thanks / Like

Brown Derby for lunch - something we do every trip we take. 11:30 AM ADR for the Brown Derby, DW and I order Cobb Salads - no menu even needed.

I highly recommend the place. Some of the best service in WDW, only good bread (rolls) on property, wonderful food!

Post Thanks / Like

I booked an ADR for my last trip but it was for dinner at the Brown Derby. After several years of going to WDW, I wanted to give the restaurant a try and was not disappointed. The atmosphere is very relaxed inside and the wait staff were very attentive. I ordered the Grilled Atlantic Salmon which was very good and my father had the Pan Fried Grouper, also very good. The lunch menu seems to have a nice variety of offerings. I will almost certainly book another ADR there for a future trip. I will be in WDW this June so I too am considering Brown Derby for lunch this time. Have a good trip!!
    7/90-6CB
    F/N97ASSP
    F/N98ASSP
    Jan/Nv99ASM
    7/00CB
    7/01ASM
    F/N 02ASM
    2/03ASM
    11/03DL-OFF
    F/N 04PC
    F/N 05PC
    11/06PC
    6/07PC
    10/07PC
    2/08PC
    9/08PC
    6/09PC
    2/10PC
    5/11PC
    5/12PC
    8/13Off
    10/13PC
    5/14PC
    6/14Off
    10/14AKLKV
    5/15PC
    7/15Off
    10/15SSR
    5/16SSR
    9/16SSR
    6/17PC
    5/18PC

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I haven't dined here and are thinking about it for our next trip.
    We have dined at 50's PTC, Sci Fi and Hollywood and Vine at MGM. We haven't eaten at Momma Melroses, the menu just doesn't appeal to us.
    So we are thinking of trying Brown Derby instead of doing repeats of the other restaurants. Convince us!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done lunch there, but have dined on multiple occassions for dinner! One thing to think about is doing the Fantasmic Pkg. They book those dinners so early that it could be considered a late lunch. Also, it is a flat rate for an appetizer, entree, and dessert - a bargain at the price we paid. Definitely go for the roasted pork tenderloin.
    Wilderness Campgrounds ('77)
    Villas ('88)
    Off Site ('91)
    AK Lodge ('04)
    AS Sports ('05)
    AS Music (April '06)
    Pop (Sept. '06)
    OKW (Feb. '08)
    BCV/SSR (June '08)
    SSR (Nov. '08)
    AKV (Kidani Village)/BWV (June '09)

Natazu Guest

I think a Brown Derby lunch is a great way to break up an MGM day. It's very relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I dined at the Brown Derby last week. The food was great, and we loved the atmosphere. It is cool, open, and with the servers walking around in white jackets, you can't help but feel special!

There were many children in the restaurant when we were there. Most of the children were very well behaved. I think that as long as your children are capable of sitting for a little while in a restaurant, they should be okay here. If your kids are exhausted from a long morning of theme park touring, I might look elsewhere, so it may be a game time decision.

I've read in other posts that people think that the service at this restaurant is rushed. I didn't think it was rushed, but it was a little less laid back than the California Grill. Because the meal is served a little faster here, I think it would be a good way to introduce your kids to a fancy dining experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll be very happy with the choice. As mentioned previously, this could be a fun way to introduce your kids to fine dining in a more fun atmosphere. Again, if they are wiped out at the time and you don't think they can handle sitting for a while, you might want to reconsider. I have never been rushed out of there, never even felt rushed. It has always been a nice place to relax and enjoy some great food.

Have a good time!

More trips than I can list, DVC Members since 2003.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend and I dinned here in January for dinner (actually it was a 4.30pm ADR Fantasmic package so it was lunch/dinner). I really recommend you consider doing this. It worked out great and we got excellent seating at Fantasmic. There was a fixed price for the meal (3 courses) and you choose anything you like off their regular menu (from what i can remember.

Have fun!
    Benny
    New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback all! I think we'll give it a lunch try in October.....I appreciate the comments!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: