Quantcast Photo pass

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Photo pass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photo pass

Has any one considered ordering the DVD or photo book? These seem pricey but nice. We have a lot of photos of our own similar to the ones on photo pass. I don't mind paying but wanted to know what people thought. The individual pictures are way too expensive, I think. Any one know of any similar ways to put these together themselves?
    Thanks!
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

All-Star Sports 1999
    All-Star Movies 2002
    March 2007
    Christmas 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We actually had 482 photos over 16 days and we decided to get he DVD's. We actually got 2 DVD's! We added our borders and corpped photos and they really look nice. They print out very nice and we are able to make our own book at our leisure.
    Donna
    Mom to 5 very special and amazing kids.

1982 first trip to WDW
    1982-2009 multiple trips.
    Best Trip MAW trip with GKTW and AKL
    NEXT TRIP.. July 13-21, 2009 and Nov.30-Dec 5

Post Thanks / Like

by DVD, are you talking about the photopass CD that the PP is referring to? or the photomovie DVD which has gone AWOL?

i've heard mostly good things about the photobook. it is rather expensive for what it is, but it looks pretty darn neat. i've heard one person say some of the photos didn't come out as expected and it's my understanding customer service isn't the best in the world, especially when disney will delete the photos after 30 days of claiming so my only advice is if you're going to do this, do it as soon as you can after claiming the photos.

Post Thanks / Like

oops my bad!
    I meant CD not DVD.
    We did play it in the DVD player on our tv, and it was a nice slide show...
    Donna
    Mom to 5 very special and amazing kids.

1982 first trip to WDW
    1982-2009 multiple trips.
    Best Trip MAW trip with GKTW and AKL
    NEXT TRIP.. July 13-21, 2009 and Nov.30-Dec 5

Post Thanks / Like

We did not opt for the CD, as we only had about 60 pics on the photopass, and many of those were also taken with our camera. For us it just made sense to order the 3 really good pictures (plus they were running a special when I ordered, so it was a little cheaper). And the book looked really nice, but I had taken over 300 pics and that seemed WAY too much LOL

I will agree with another poster who said that customer service isn't great...one of my pics was printed incorrectly, and using the contact form on the website got me nowhere. A friendly Intercotee sent me another email addy to use, and although I got quick responses, it was still a couple of weeks before I got the new pic. They kept saying it was shipping, but it never shipped. HOWEVER, when the order finally came, they sent reprints of my whole order, not just the one picture, so that was nice.

It just seems sad that Disney chose such a non-customer-service-friendly company to deal with such a big part of their parks.

Anyway, I think that if you get tons of pictures, it makes sense to order the CD. For us, it just didn't seem worth the cost. For some reason the photographers just didn't seem that eager to take our pictures LOL
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

just as an fyi, you can upload your own pics for the photobook.. in fact, the lowest priced tier for it is solely your own photos. as you move up in price, it can include your photopass photos, stock photos and additional templates.

Post Thanks / Like

We bought the CD, after we came home. We put border and such on pictures.

I loved it. We weren't worried about snapping pictures and such. It became a game to see how many we could get taken.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

we got the cd before we left and think it was so worth it! you are more than welcome to view them at my homepage
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

You can create photo books using your own photos at Shutterfly. There are bound to be other sites where you can do this as well (I believe Creative Memories is another).

I haven't ordered a photo book, from either Disney or Shutterfly, so I don't know how the quality or prices compare.
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like

just an FYI, if you purchase the CD in the parks (or at GF), you won't be able to embellish the photos with borders / accents / autographs. you will only be able to do this from home. the CD will give you everything in your online photopass account.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help to

Can you get the ride Photos put on the PhotoBook?

Post Thanks / Like

just test track which is the only attraction on photopass right now. i suppose in theory you could scan and upload any ride photos you may have purchased. haven't heard of this, but all uploaded photos are subject to approval, so i dunno, but it's an interesting idea and worth a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

We bought the CD before we left. Having been to WDW world before as well as having bought the CD before, here is what I learned on this trip....if there is a photopass photographer around, I did not use my camera. The rest of my family (first timers) did not know this, so we ended up with a TON of pics, but what this gave us was a lot of the same pics but a little different. What I also noticed is that because we had so many cameras going, we did not know which camera to look at, so I think it is better to either use your camera or photopass not both...

I don't know if I answered your question...but there it is.

We have over 150 pics this last trip, there were 3 families so we split the cost. Previously I have been by myself and still bought it. Because the individual pics are so expensive and they take complete family photos I think it is worth it.

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: