Quantcast The "I just can't stand the snow so I'm going solo" Trip Report Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The "I just can't stand the snow so I'm going solo" Trip Report Day 1

The Background: The first week of March, while watching it snow for another 2 days straight (we have had over 2 feet of snow in the course of about 5 days here in MN...not as much as some other places, but too much for this lover of warm weather), I decided I just couldn't take it any more! I had been jonesing for another quick trip, so I started talking to my friends to see if one of them wanted to go too. I made some tentative plans with one of the girls, but they fell through. I was sad, but decided that I was going...I need a break and WDW is one place as a single girl I feel pretty safe going it alone. A quick email to Wendy at MJ, and a trip was in the works.... I will eat when I want, sit when I want and ride when I want...in other words this trip is all about ME!

Who: Me, Myself and I!

When/Where: March 18-21 at Pop Century

3/18/2007 Sunday

It’s time! Back to Orlando I go! I just need a break. With all the late snow and the possibility of my brother having some pretty scary health problems (we were supposed to have answers by now, but since we are dealing with doctors, it could be another week of torture just waiting to hear), I just needed to have some fun! Mickey called, and I answered!

I got to the airport on time, only to find that they had just delayed my flight about an hour…BUMMER! Oh well, it’s less time in WDW, but I’m still headed to Disney, so it’s all good!

My flight landed about 75 mins late, I caught the tram over to the terminal, and checked in for DME. I got right on a bus, but we didn’t leave the airport for almost 45 mins. BOO! Pop was the first stop, but we didn’t get there until after 9:00 PM, I was starving, and tired, so DD was out of the question. I just wanted to check in, eat and rest up for the parks the next day. I checked in (no line! Yeah!) and was assigned room 8116, the 90’s building. Not a very desirable location for a woman traveling alone. I was 3 rooms from the end of the resort. I thought about asking to move, but by then, all I wanted to do was relax!

By now it’s after 11, and I still don’t have my bags…I’m starting to wonder. I called luggage services, but they didn’t have a clue, and told me someone would call me when they were bringing my bag. I got ready to go to bed, but really needed that bag…it had most of my stuff to get ready in the morning, plus my tennis and other stuff I needed! I waited, and waited and waited…finally, at 2:00 AM (after falling asleep) I got a call that they were bringing my bag…I wasn’t very impressed. I guess I have learned that if I’m coming in at night, and using DME, I’m picking up my bags, because that wait was just unnecessary!

Tomorrow: EMH at AK for a visit with the Yeti, and then a day at Epcot, plus some time at DD!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least you've arrived and it's now snowing!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

This is the second report I'm reading where a single woman travelling alone is put at the very back of the resort (the other incident was at one of the All Star resorts). What are they thinking? Kinda makes me worried about travelling alone in the future...

P.S. Hope you've heard from the drs by now and that the health issues your brother was facing were not as serious as you had thought.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

pogo Guest

Hey.... rough start to your trip. But at least your at WDW and it's not snowing !

On to read Day two.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report!
    1975 - Contemporary
    1988 - Offsite
    1992 - Caribbean Beach
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside (aka DL)
    Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs
    Aug 2007 (1 day @ MGM)
    Sep 2007 (1 day @ EPCOT)
    Jan 2011 - Old Key West
    Jan 2013 - Pop Century
    Oct 2014 - All-Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

A tough first day! Sorry that DME was so late and that you were delayed! I hope that things start looking up! Thanks for sharing
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Yay for solo trips!!!!!
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: