Quantcast Would you return to the parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What would need to be in place before you returned to the parks?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing. You will go as soon as they open without changes.

10 50.00%
  • You will go if there are social distancing measures, gloves, masks, etc.

5 25.00%
  • You won't return until there is a vaccine.

5 25.00%
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you return to the parks?

What would need to happen before you returned to the parks?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted "Nothing" simply because I believe that Disney will not open the park(s) without taking every precaution imaginable to keep them clean and safe for their visitors. That said, I would trust the visitors less than Disney itself, so that would be my concern.

So far, I have heard of no problems with the 'phased' opening going on at Shanghai Disneyland, so expect that these same measures will be taken at the other Disney parks as well. (Of course, can you take any information coming out of China at face value?)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

4. Thanks MNNHFLTX thanked for this post
    Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney itself is as much the enemy in this whole charade. As owner of ABC their news division spews misinformation and slanted views to the general public on a daily basis. Governors are trampling our Constitution. Lawyers will make out fabulously once the dust settles from COVID-19.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

6. Thanks DonaldsBFF, texas211, goofy for pluto thanked for this post
    Dislikes PopPhan, TheVBs, Wayne disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have faith that Disney will do what is best to keep their cast members and guests as safe as possible. They do not make decisions regarding the various parks easily. This is hurting their bottom line in a huge way

8. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To Baldburke...so sad, soooo sad that you feel that this whole thing is a charade!!! I just hope no one dies in your family as they did in mine!!! And I can't wait to visit WDW later this year. I do plan to wear a mask while there to protect myself and others.

10. Likes Cinderelley, PopPhan, TheVBs, dnickels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we will ever see an effective vaccine. I hope we discover more about this virus, how best to prevent spread and how to treat those who do get sick. With that in mind, as we learn more, we can make risks low, such as ongoing physically distancing, wearing masks, etc. I wouldn't rush back to the parks day 1, but we went during the peak of H1N1 and stayed safe and healthy.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Disney itself is as much the enemy in this whole charade. As owner of ABC their news division spews misinformation and slanted views to the general public on a daily basis. Governors are trampling our Constitution. Lawyers will make out fabulously once the dust settles from COVID-19.
    53,928 deaths in the U.S. alone. Charade? Really? The measures taken by governors have saved lives. There are all sorts of things we can't do in our state right now. It's frustrating and sad. But not a single thing I want to do is worth someone else's life. Not. One. Single. Thing.
    Susanne

13. Likes PopPhan, dnickels liked this post
    Dislikes texas211 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I wonder if we will ever see an effective vaccine.
    Based on vaccinations for previous corona viruses, I think it is very likely. The thing about this type of virus is that mutations tend to be similar enough to the original that vaccines are effective for years.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

15. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, dnickels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleen3162 View Post
    To Baldburke...so sad, soooo sad that you feel that this whole thing is a charade!!! I just hope no one dies in your family as they did in mine!!! And I can't wait to visit WDW later this year. I do plan to wear a mask while there to protect myself and others.
    The disease is real. I have also seen the effects. The charade is the media. As Dr. Birx has stated, the US has the lowest mortality rate. We can't cheat the grim reaper. The US may have more "reported" deaths than over countries (cough, cough...China), as a percentage of the population we are very effective in our efforts to combat this disease.

What we are not very good at is recognizing the Constitutional rights of US citizens. States need to recommend to those that are sick, comprised or aged to limit exposure. Otherwise, let's re-open for business. I can go to Walmart but I can't go to church? Some states have liquor stores and parks open but others don't? Target can be open selling clothes and shoes but the stores in the mall can't? There is no logic to the whims of these governors and mayors that think they are omnipotent. The lawyers will be laughing when the dust settles here.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

17. Thanks goofy for pluto thanked for this post
    Likes Cinderelley, goofy for pluto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    53,928 deaths in the U.S. alone. Charade? Really? The measures taken by governors have saved lives. There are all sorts of things we can't do in our state right now. It's frustrating and sad. But not a single thing I want to do is worth someone else's life. Not. One. Single. Thing.
    My point is not to be insensitive. 54k is a large number. Last year the US lost nearly 650k to heart disease and another 600k to cancer then another 170k to accidents. That's nearly 1.5M to the top three causes last year. As Dr. Birx has stated, the US mortality rate is very low as compared to other countries.

The problem in all of this is two fold. Governors and mayors taking away your Constitutional rights. And the media hyping this as if it is the biggest and longest on-going snow storm for them to fill up time. The media, ABC included, doesn't deliver news. They deliver editorial content that suits their agenda.
    Beth & David

19. Thanks texas211, goofy for pluto thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=baldburke;2527777 As Dr. Birx has stated, the US has the lowest mortality rate.
    [/QUOTE]

The US does not have the lowest mortality rate, Canada and Germany have a rate mortality of 72 per million population, we have a rate 170 per million. You can search "live coronavirus statistics". Belgium has the highest rate at 622 per million. We happen to be 12th.
    Also cancer and heart disease are not contagious.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

21. Thanks TheVBs, PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes NewDVCowner, TheVBs, PopPhan, barnaby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To Baldburke ....What about my Constructional right to stay safe and healthy? I am a health care worker and I feel that this virus will be a danger to all of us for a while and especially if governors allow states to open too soon. I really don't understand someone who would risk their health and that of others in the name of Constitutional rights. And by the way....the reason places like Target and Walmart can remain open is that they have pharmacys and sell groceries.

23. Thanks TheVBs, dnickels, PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs, dnickels, PopPhan, Giggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've kind've strayed off the purpose of this thread. Would an administrator kindly close it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    We've kind've strayed off the purpose of this thread. Would an administrator kindly close it?
    Agreed! Moving on...
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

Not allowed to have an opinion these days either i guess...
    I would return today if it was open but i am not going to go and pay the same price with all of the ridiculous restrictions that will be in place.
    But that is my personal choice. I am also not worried about this "pandemic" just as i also don't worry too much about the flu, which kills on average 50k people a year in the US and 500k worldwide.
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

27. Thanks texas211, goofy for pluto thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a trip scheduled for mid August and am seriously considering canceling. If all that I'm reading and hearing is true, it won't be worth the money. Starting with the resort..no coffee pots in room and no refillable mugs. Then possibly only two parks will open...no parades, shows, or fireworks. And finally.... dining will be different. I'm all for half the people in each restaurant but half of our reservations are for buffets and they might be gone. These changes are definitely not worth the money we paid for the trip. So bummed out!!!

29. Likes Cinderelley, texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a trip scheduled for mid August and am seriously considering canceling. If all that I'm reading and hearing is true, it won't be worth the money. Starting with the resort..no coffee pots in room and no refillable mugs. Then possibly only two parks will open...no parades, shows, or fireworks. And finally.... dining will be different. I'm all for half the people in each restaurant but half of our reservations are for buffets and they might be gone. These changes are definitely not worth the money we paid for the trip. So bummed out!!!
    Have they announced all those cuts? I am wondering if they will even be open by August.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I was able to talk to my travel agent and she said unless it comes from Disney consider everything speculation or rumors. We are hanging in until July to make our final decision but I doubt much if anything will be open. ( They were using Shanghai Disney as an example but the park opened then closed) I have a bounce back offer, free dining for the trip and hoping if we reschedule it will be recognized. She said she believes that Disney will do everything they can to accommodate the offer for a future trip, I could use some "Pixie dust" tho!! Of course, rescheduling will be a whole other issue! But whatever happens we'd rather everyone stay safe and healthy.

32. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I was able to talk to my travel agent and she said unless it comes from Disney consider everything speculation or rumors. We are hanging in until July to make our final decision but I doubt much if anything will be open. ( They were using Shanghai Disney as an example but the park opened then closed) I have a bounce back offer, free dining for the trip and hoping if we reschedule it will be recognized. She said she believes that Disney will do everything they can to accommodate the offer for a future trip, I could use some "Pixie dust" tho!! Of course, rescheduling will be a whole other issue! But whatever happens we'd rather everyone stay safe and healthy.
    I hope they honor it for you. I would imagine that they will want to do everything they can to get people to come back.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: