Quantcast New 'Destinations' Announced for Star Tours: The Adventure Continues

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New 'Destinations' Announced for Star Tours: The Adventure Continues

Walt Disney Imagineering has announced new destinations for Star Tours: The Adventure Continues:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Passengers who board the Starspeeder 1000 never know where in the galaxy their pilot C-3PO and navigator R2-D2 will take them. We’ve added flights to Jakku, Crait and even Batuu! Along the way, we’ve encountered many of our favorite characters from the Skywalker saga.

On December 20th , Star Tours – The Adventures Continue will be adding new destinations inspired by the latest episode of the Star Wars saga at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney Resort.

Name:  hrgejtnm78ikyj-624x352.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  27.8 KB

In the trailers for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, you caught glimpses of the ocean moon Kef Bir ... Starspeeders will be heading there soon!
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and cool - As others have said, I wish they would do something similar with Soarin.

As a side note (and I know there are threads about this elsewhere), I am kind of saddened that there is little to no activity on this board anymore. I realize that I could contribute more, so I am not blaming anyone, but I used to love to come to this site for current information and respectful discussion. It seems that other boards that cover these topics generally degenerate into childish arguments.

4. Likes PopPhan, baldburke, dnickels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - we all can make it a more active board. I love the people here, we have great discussions and are generally very respectful!

On the topic at hand, I love that they keep adding to Star Tours, makes me wonder why they don't do it with other attractions though, anything with a movie component should be easy enough to keep fresh.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

6. Likes Park Hopper, PopPhan, magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    Thanks and cool - As others have said, I wish they would do something similar with Soarin.

As a side note (and I know there are threads about this elsewhere), I am kind of saddened that there is little to no activity on this board anymore. I realize that I could contribute more, so I am not blaming anyone, but I used to love to come to this site for current information and respectful discussion. It seems that other boards that cover these topics generally degenerate into childish arguments.

Welcome to Intercot!

Blame the internet, social media and proliferation of information I guess. Not just Disney of course, but we are all overloaded with news and information these days. Within about a hour of the last SW ROS trailer on Monday, it was all over Facebook, Instragram and email with posts, alerts and news stories.

I like coming here to see the news and sometimes lend a hand of idea. We do debate here, but it is usually on reasonable terms and respect. Facebook and some other fan sites are a disaster. No thanks!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

8. Thanks Park Hopper thanked for this post
    Likes John, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post

Welcome to Intercot!

Blame the internet, social media and proliferation of information I guess. Not just Disney of course, but we are all overloaded with news and information these days. Within about a hour of the last SW ROS trailer on Monday, it was all over Facebook, Instragram and email with posts, alerts and news stories.

I like coming here to see the news and sometimes lend a hand of idea. We do debate here, but it is usually on reasonable terms and respect. Facebook and some other fan sites are a disaster. No thanks!
    Yeah, I think about 2 years back IMDb had a huge message board center for tv shows and movies and by the end it just got ugly. IMDb ended up shutting it down.

Every once in a while there might be a few snarky comments here and there, but I think this message board (which I also noticed has had very decreased activity) still retains its mission of Disney lovers helping each other out.

10. Likes Park Hopper, PopPhan, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be in the extreme minortity, but if you put a gun to my head and made me choose, as of right now, I think I'd still choose Star Tours over Smugglers Run. We were just at DLR and had a chance to ride it with (for us) the new footage incorporated from TFA and TLJ.

Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned above - I would live to see them add more scenes and randomly select from them for Soarin. The only thing that may be tricky would be to merge the music from the scenes. I don't think continuous music is as important for Star Tours. I think each planet/location has its own music, if I remember correctly. However, I think the continuous Soarin music is a huge part of the ride.

They should be able to figure it out. Soarin is one of my favorite rides. But, if they did this and included scenes that do not make the vertical distortion as obvious (for example, more like in the original California version), I think it would be near perfection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post

Yeah I think it's just social media overload, and at some point how many times can we discuss what our favorite restaurant or ride or (whatever) at a particular park is? I love the board here, but, I mean nowadays over half the posts are basically just Disney news releases posted by moderators.

Post Thanks / Like

For so many supposed viable combinations we always seem to get the same ones. Least favorite is the Wookiee planet
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

So I recently got back from Disneyland Paris. We rode Star Tours there and I was like "hey, they have a whole lot of scenes I've never seen before from the new movies!". Perhaps I haven't been on Star Tours in WDW or DL in a while, but the last time I rode, I swear that they always ended with you landing inside some big ship where people are all standing around clapping when your ship lands. In Paris, the ride ends with you landing in Batuu. Again, maybe it's just been awhile for me since I rode the ride but I swore the Paris version was way different than the American versions.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

saw some new scenes last time, may have been at DL in Sept. ill be at WDW in May and look forward to it. i do like rumours etc and thank those who post
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM