Quantcast Ellen/ Bill Nye ride?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ellen/ Bill Nye ride?

Reading trip reports lately, I find that this ride is not discussed. Is it still open? Will it be open on our next trip, sept.22nd thru oct. 3rd? thanks for any info.
    TRACEY

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, U of Energy is not on the close schedule. However, it is generally accepted that it will be closing for some construction at some point this year, just with no timeline. That's been the heavy gossip lately.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

According to DFreak's post this morning in the news/rumor forum, we may have an answer today after D23.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies. Will cross my fingers that we get to ride it one more time.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah DF reports that it'll be closed mid August.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

I love Bill Nye though. I think I'm the only one who even likes the UoE attraction!
    I do wish they would incorporate some Bill Nye into something hands on at EPCOT Future World.
    My sons especially love him.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

8. Likes Lindsey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't stand the OoE, Nye can fade away. Ellen's voice should be labeled a wmd. I will miss a good place to take an hour long nap in air conditioning. That is what most people will miss. Between that and France, not enough places to take an air conditioned nap. That will be what is missed most.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

10. Likes disneycutie165 liked this post
    Dislikes Terra, Wayne, Lindsey disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I love Bill Nye though. I think I'm the only one who even likes the UoE attraction!
    I do wish they would incorporate some Bill Nye into something hands on at EPCOT Future World.
    You're not alone. Yes, the movie was outdated, but I always loved the retro feel and edutainment factor of UOE. I was sad to hear it's closing so soon and that my kids won't get one last chance to see the dinosaurs. They also enjoy watching Bill Nye's old shows.
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

12. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Can't stand the OoE, Nye can fade away. Ellen's voice should be labeled a wmd. I will miss a good place to take an hour long nap in air conditioning. That is what most people will miss. Between that and France, not enough places to take an air conditioned nap. That will be what is missed most.
    Are you normally this cranky in life or are you just irritated with me from the other thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusillejerry View Post
    You're not alone. Yes, the movie was outdated, but I always loved the retro feel and edutainment factor of UOE. I was sad to hear it's closing so soon and that my kids won't get one last chance to see the dinosaurs. They also enjoy watching Bill Nye's old shows.
    Yeah, I actually show my science students some of the old episodes, many very revelant still.

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

14. Likes Fusillejerry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No, just like good rides. Hate bad ones. I like the idea and UoE. But the broken animatronics and Bill/Ellen, yeah, it can go/ I'd prefer for a non GotG ride, but something along the energy side of things. I think someone had suggested a Walle type ride.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

16. Likes Terra, Fusillejerry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

..... actually ....love the ride. It's relaxing ....... informative .....comical ....and Jamie Lee Curtis ......is a "hottie".

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

No, just like good rides. Hate bad ones. I like the idea and UoE. But the broken animatronics and Bill/Ellen, yeah, it can go/ I'd prefer for a non GotG ride, but something along the energy side of things. I think someone had suggested a Walle type ride.
    I do love Wall-E and think it would be a good addition, especially in light of its message and relevance!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, replacing UOE with GotG is the true sin here IMO. I can see GotG in Hollywood Studios, but not Epcot. That said, at least it appears that the UOE building will remain intact. I really like the look of that building.
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Replacing Ellen with GotG sounds like a win/win to me! It was a great way ot relaxt but the show was definitely outdated. This weekends announcements with GotG and Ratatouille in France were nice but Epcot definitely needs more love!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Jamie Lee Curtis and 40 minutes in AC makes this a mid-afternoon must do.
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason it won't permit me to include Terra's comment in this reply.

Count me in the group - Looks like we're a fan group of 3. Two more of my favorites (UoE and GMR) will be closing 2 days before I check in for my next Disney vacation.

Although I've been on both so many times over the years, I'll also miss the chance to see the dinosaurs one more time, as well as most of the scenes in the GMR.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

23. Likes Terra, Fusillejerry liked this post
    West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    You're not the only one who likes the UoE. See my other post.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

25. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sad to see this go. It was always a must do for us.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    I'm sad to see this go. It was always a must do for us.
    Yeah, it be great if they would just revitalize than replace. New animatronics, new script, different actors, but still perhaps an energy story. Talk about where we are going, or some twist on where we've been We are destined to lose all of our animatronics at some point. While I'm certainly no fan of the current incarnation, I just would like to see a reimagination (but no more 3d or anything). Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, replacing UOE with GotG is the true sin here IMO. I can see GotG in Hollywood Studios, but not Epcot. That said, at least it appears that the UOE building will remain intact. I really like the look of that building.
    I too enjoy UOE in its current state, but can understand that it at least needs to be upgraded/made current. I cannot say that I am thrilled with the idea to change it into a GotG ride. I have seen one of the movies and it was entertaining, but not anything classic to me. Regardless, I am interested to see if they make an attempt to keep an energy theme while using the GotG characters, or if they are just going to ignore the original premise of the ride (and Epcot in general) and just make it a storyline based on the movies.

I hope they keep some kind of energy message/theme to it. They did not keep any of the original 'educational' type content when they changed the Living Seas Ride and Malestorm, but I guess one could argue that those are just rides within larger pavilions/areas that still have not changed conceptually. The UOE ride is the pavilion. I like Nemo and Frozen, but would be disappointed if they just dropped a ride that belonged in Magic Kingdom or HS into Epcot. As others have suggested, maybe they are ready to completely abandon the original concept of Future World. I guess I will wait and see what they do with the ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: