Sorry this issue put a damper on your trip. Hopefully I will be able to shed some light on this process. I am a disabled vet, and have made- and received- many special room requests. All of the requests were made by telephone well in advance of the trip through the guest services department that handle these types of requests. Disney pretty much bends over backwards to accommodate you if they can- as long as the request is made through guest services in advance. There is an entire area on their website dedicated to guests with special needs. A phone call in advance would have taken care of it. A room assigner or front desk person is not responsible for handling these types of requests- the person with the special need is. For future reference, call (407) 939-1936 well in advance- and tell them what you need and why you need it- and it will be handled. If they need documentation, they will tell you what they need from you. In your situation, they would probably explain the location of the standard rooms and give you the option to upgrade, but doubt they would upgrade you for a medical condition. I have been there 28 times and have never received a better room due to my special requests. The only 'upgrade' I have ever gotten was a fridge a couple of times to store medications that needed to be kept cold. Other than that, I received a room that met my needs in the room category I paid for. Should you decide to report this, I would think the first question you will be asked is whether or not you contacted the special needs department of guest services to make your request. Since it sounds like you did not- I would think they are going to tell you the same things I just did.