PDA

View Full Version : Tea time at Grand Floridian

allie_to_you
03-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Has anyone done the tea time at GF? What is it like? Do you have to dress up for it. I was hearing about some of the tea sandwiches you get. Do you get a choice of what kinds you like. I'm kinda picky eater, but the scones and pastries sound really good.

ElenitaB
03-24-2007, 06:49 PM
You can find more information about Tea at the Grand Floridian, at InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp). I hope to have my picky up in the air there in October!

jillluvsdisney
03-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I have been to the GF twice for tea. It was really a nice, relaxing time. No, you don't have to dress up for it if you don't want to. I saw plenty of people wearing typical theme park clothing. Yes, you can order things a la carte. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Click on the INFO CENTRAL and under dining you will find the menu listed. The a la carte selections are not listed but they are things like pastries and scones.

Katiebell
03-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Does anyone know if they still have the "Tea for Two" on the menu? We tried to get the earliest seating we could for tea, but it's 3:20 -- our dinner res that night is 7:50, but we're still a little concerned about getting too full that late in the afternoon. I was looking at sharing one of the other tea selections, or just ordering ala carte items, but then saw this one specifically for two people here on the Intercot menu. It's not listed on another site that has fairly current menus, so is it still even offered?

May524
03-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I went to the tea in January for my honeymoon and LOVED it! People weren't by any means dressed up. I'm unsure if they have the "tea for two" I can't remember seeing it on the menu.

allie_to_you
03-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone for all the information! I'm sure my DH & I will really enjoy getting a chance to take tea at the GF and enjoy a nice afternoon together!

just2mickey
03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
We have made it a point to have tea as often as possible. I enjoy the atmosphere and when they bring the tea to smell. My daughter who is nine was not ready for tea but she did enjoy a nice cup of cocoa and I had the cafe mocha from the cafe. It comes in a huge cup with a screened Mickey head in the foam.

like2workout
03-27-2007, 10:58 AM
is this tea time just for little girls, or is this a different one? is this the one where alice in wonderland characters are there, or more for adults?

Katiebell
03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
is this tea time just for little girls, or is this a different one? is this the one where alice in wonderland characters are there, or more for adults?

If you click on Ellen's link in the second post of this thread, you will get information on the tea. This one is most definitely a grown up outing, but there is a children's selection on the menu as well :thumbsup:

Clotho
03-27-2007, 06:21 PM
I would not recommend doing tea at 3:30 and then scheduling dinner for 7:30. That is just too close. The tea is VERY filling! It's hard to imagine it, but all those little things add up to a very rich indulgence! Hubby and I enjoyed High Tea there before at around 4pm,and even eating at 9pm that night, we felt too full to really eat a full dinner. Space them out as much as you can, or plan to do a light dinner.

Katiebell
03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
I would not recommend doing tea at 3:30 and then scheduling dinner for 7:30. That is just too close. The tea is VERY filling! It's hard to imagine it, but all those little things add up to a very rich indulgence! Hubby and I enjoyed High Tea there before at around 4pm,and even eating at 9pm that night, we felt too full to really eat a full dinner. Space them out as much as you can, or plan to do a light dinner.

Yeah, I know, but it's the only time we could get and it's our last day :( ...that's why I was thinking of ordering just a few items ala carte that we could share, instead of something like the Grand Tea. Our dinner ADR is 7:50 at Rose and Crown, and I'm thinking we won't actually get seated and be able to order until 8:15-8:30. And I will call back Disney Dining a couple of times to see if there were any cancellations for an earlier seating for tea.

wdwvacationeer
03-28-2007, 06:45 AM
We went last year and are going back this year. We LOVED the afternoon tea. It is a peaceful and relaxing break in the middle of the afternoon. The tea and the food were wonderful. I think we will make time for tea everytime we go- that's how much we enjoyed it!