PDA

View Full Version : What to do on the first day

Kairi_7378
03-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I am making my first trip to WDW since 1981 on Monday. :mickey: (When I was last there, they weren't done building EPCOT yet!) My husband and I are staying at POR. We're arriving in Orlando at 8:45AM and have ADR's at the Brown Derby at 4:40PM. We were thinking about going to AK after we arrive and then shuttling to MGM around 4. Can we see enough of AK to make this worthwhile? Or should we just spend the full day at MGM? Thanks for your help.

MN MINNIE
03-24-2007, 12:53 PM
and you have to have a whole day for Animal Kingdom, stay at MGM and then take in Fantasmic in the evening, thats a not to miss evening show!!!:mickey:

faline
03-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Well, by time you get to the Animal Kingdom it will probably be around lunchtime which won't give you a lot of time to explore before you're rushing off to Disney Studios. Why not just spend the afternoon at Disney Studios and explore Animal Kingdom on a different day?

pook@wdw
03-24-2007, 06:59 PM
:twocents: To avoid being in a rush, we recommend spending the available time @ MGM. Then you can just stroll over to where you're dining at. And then possibly catch "Fantasmic" after supper!:encore:

NotaGeek
03-25-2007, 02:26 AM
I am making my first trip to WDW since 1981 on Monday. :mickey: (When I was last there, they weren't done building EPCOT yet!) My husband and I are staying at POR. We're arriving in Orlando at 8:45AM and have ADR's at the Brown Derby at 4:40PM. We were thinking about going to AK after we arrive and then shuttling to MGM around 4. Can we see enough of AK to make this worthwhile? Or should we just spend the full day at MGM? Thanks for your help.

First of all, :welcome: to INTERCOT!

Well, since you haven't been to the park since Expedition Everest opened, RUN to AK first thing and get a ride in! It's TOTALLY worth it and if you get there early enough you can see a Kilimanjaro Safari (you need to do that a couple of times to make sure you get some animal sightings in!) ... I say go for it! :mickey:

JPL
03-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I would plan on spending the day at MGM. Animal Kingdom while considered a half day park by some, needs some time to fully enjoy. Since by the time you arrive your chances for a FP on Everest are not very good to fit in your time constraints of the ADR. Figure in order ot be safe you should propably be at the bus stop to MGM atleast an hour before your ADR so you are talking about heading out of the park a little after 3 in order to be sure you can catch a bus and be on time for the ADR.