PDA

View Full Version : Poly???

Belle1217
03-24-2007, 09:13 AM
We are planning our next trip and not sure where we want to stay. Last year we stayed at the All Star Sports. So I have been reading posts and looking at pictures and fell in LOVE with the poly. Hugh price difference!!! I also would like to try concierge. Am I crazy. My DH is ok with it. I just have a hard time spending all that money per night but I really would like to give it a try. So is concierge worth it. I have read about it but wanted to hear from people who have done it. What is the difference. Thanks for all your help. :lei:

NLODisney
03-24-2007, 09:26 AM
I have stayed at Sports, Music, Pop for values and also all the mod except CS and most of the Del. We have stayed at both concierge and garden at the Poly and you can't go wrong with either choices here. Concierge is nice but very costly. We love the preplanning and the fact that we don't have to make all our own reservations. The lounge is nice and the breakfast is good. The cookies and snacks are good if you are there to enjoy them. We would usually grab a bit in the evening on our way out and then eat dinner later. You could just as easily buy your own food and snacks for less but sometimes it's nice to be pampered and the concierge is nice for that. If we don't do concierge I ask for a room in Fiji. Our last stay here was last May and we had a room with a view of the lagoon and it was also newly redone so it was really nice. It is right next to the GCH so it is a really convenient location for us. To me unless I am going solo and plan to spend all my time at the parks I would always stay at a deluxe. It is alot more relaxing for me.

Mr. Tom Morrow
03-24-2007, 09:55 AM
I've stayed at the All Star and Polynesian both concierge and lagoon view. If you can afford the price the Polynesian is worth it, but if money is a concern it's not. If I was on the meal plan I'd get a lagoon view room, if not I'd get concierge. I just didn't take advantage of all concierge had to offer when I was on the meal plan.
It is beautiful resort and being on the monorail is awesome . I guess it just comes down to what you can afford:thumbsup:

Septbride2002
03-24-2007, 10:06 AM
I personally never thought the price of conceirge was worth it, but then I've never expereinced it myself. Part of my vacation is the pre-planning - so I enjoy doing all that. My husband and I aren't big eaters so I'm not sure we would take real advantage of the lounge. I could see where it would be a huge benefit if you had kids though. I say if you have the money - then do it. You only live once!

~Amanda

Belle1217
03-24-2007, 11:13 AM
What planning do they do for you??

RescueRanger23
03-24-2007, 01:11 PM
The Poly is the best. My family always loves it and you really can't go wrong with it. We once got a free upgrade to concierge (woohoo!) and really enjoyed it. All the little things are fun and we really enjoyed the free food, but it didn't really seem necessary to have it all. I'm sure we didn't use all the pluses that you are offered, but we were okay without it. The most important thing to remember is that you'll have a good time regardless!:mickey: