PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the food at Nine Dragons?

Milan23
03-23-2007, 11:24 AM
I logged on this morning with the intention of asking about the Nine Dragons restaurant. I am thinking about going when we visit WDW in November, and wanted to get some opinions on the food. I am not really worried about the cost, just the quality of food and the atmosphere. I have a family of picky eaters, but they all like Chinese food, so I was thinking this might be a good choice for our Epcot TS. Opinions?

goofysbabe
03-23-2007, 11:39 AM
We have eaten at Nine Dragons and loved it!!!! We ordered a family meal type thing (I beleive it was called a Taste of China) with lots of different offerings - REALLY GOOD. My kids liked the ice cream too. So go & enjoy:thumbsup: -

SBETigg
03-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Nine Dragons is closed for rehab from July 15 to November 11. Just wanted to mention it in case your trip falls within those dates.

JPL
03-23-2007, 12:08 PM
I guess all the good Chinese and Italian food in my area has really spoiled me. I ate there twice and thought the worst of my local Chinese take out places was better both times.

May524
03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
We really enjoyed Nine Dragons on our last trip! Very yummy! :mickey: The atmosphere was very nice, and we were there in early Junuary and it was very calming. Our server was GREAT! Quite possibly the best server of our honeymoon! :number1:
You should check it out!

SurferStitch
03-23-2007, 01:02 PM
We have some really great Chinese places in our area, and we absolutely LOVE Nine Dragons. We've always had delicious food and fantastic service there. It's not typical corner store takeout.

It isn't super fancy, but Chinese food generally isn't fancy. It's meat or seafood and veggies. The dim sum there is excellent, although the prices can add up quickly.

I'm yet to dine in a Chinese restaurant as beautiful as Nine Dragons. I was really bummed that we didn't fit it into our trip last December, but we'll definitely dine there on our next trip! :thumbsup: I highly recommend!!!

DisneyTeen
03-23-2007, 02:38 PM
To me, its just another Chinese food. Like others have said, We have good Chinese food places around here. I just enjoy trying new places in epcot, normally things that I can't get when I'm at home.
I have been there before, the food was good, but the only reason that we went was because it was the only place we could eat that would take us at the time we wanted to eat. I am sure no matter what you pick, you will have a great experence.

disneyfan1124
03-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I have to agree with JPL--I've tried it 3 times at Nine Dragons and have been unhappy each time. I'm actually surprised to hear so many good things, but am glad that there are some folks who have been successful.

Monkey Magic
03-23-2007, 04:40 PM
We went a few years ago and it was horrible. Nothing was good and we could get MUCH better at either of the 2 local Chinese restaurants near us.

mouseketeer mom
03-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I've heard mixed reviews so I was hesitate to book it. It was a terrific surprise! We enjoyed Nine Dragons so very much! We had theTaste of China Sampling thing ..there are 5 us us, we ordered two of the Tastes of China. It was way too much food for the 5 of us! (Each Taste of China should feed 2 people it said) The food was very good, very plentiful. Our server was one of the nicest we've ever had anywhere, not just in WDW. My son spilled his soup, and he brought out another one for him, even tho he had almost finished the first one! The ice cream was funky..Red Bean ice cream or Ginger ice cream. The kids liked the Red Bean believe it or not. It was a great experience. Not to mention we were seated right up against the window looking at the lake and all the people!

Crow
03-23-2007, 10:01 PM
ive eaten there a few times and like the atmosphere. most times the food was good. last time the CM placed the things she brought just so, like finding a perfect place to put the dish, tea etc.
i want to go there my upcoming trip, esp w the Japanese places down for refurb then.

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2007, 06:18 AM
I guess all the good Chinese and Italian food in my area has really spoiled me. I ate there twice and thought the worst of my local Chinese take out places was better both times.
Unfortunately I have to agree with JPL.
Nine Dragons is no better than the food I can get at any of 4 locations that are within a mile of my house.
The difference? Nine Dragons is about 4X's the price. :(
Unfortunately, for my family, it ranks the lowest in EPCOT's famous WS dining.

Milan23
03-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I think that we would give it a try. I understand that if you have some great Chinese restaurants around you, it is not such a great experience, but here in Phoenix we don't have alot of good Chinese cuisine.

However, it looks like it will be closed during our trip, which is too bad, it seems like we would have enjoyed it. We will just have to go there on our next trip (I refuse to believe that this will be a one time thing).

Thanks again for all the comments!

ASweetLov
03-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Nine Dragon's was great. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed the food. What we both ordered was so delicious and our server was great(one of the nicest servers I have ever had). Cant wait to go back on July 7th(already made reservations yay):mickey:

WDW1985
03-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Overall Nine Dragons is ok, but in my opinion it's not really worth the price. I've eaten there a couple of times and felt the food to be just ok. The ambience is cool and the service is wonderful, so you still have that if the food isn't exceptional, but I wouldn't expect to be blown away by the food. There are other restaurants in the World Showcase that can easily do that. Good luck!

:mickey:

alpro2
03-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Went there once several years ago. Typical Chinese-American fare. Didn't blow me away, but then again I am really not blown away by Chinese-American food.

At home when I go out to dinner I typically do not go to Chinese restaurants (I do occassionally get take out though). That said, at WDW I try restaurants unique to WDW.

ldn324
03-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Too bad it will be down for refurb during your trip :( .

We don't have any good Chinese restaurants by us - only the "China buffet" and take-out only ones - no "sit down" Chinese by us. So we enjoy 9 Dragons because of the atmosphere, service and the food.

We were kind of disappointed that hot tea is not included with the meal though. I think they charged $1.00 a cup when we went which I thought was a little pricey, but then again, it is WDW.

AdventurerKim
03-27-2007, 03:26 PM
The food at Nine Dragons is great, and it's one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. The atmosphere is good, although there have been some noisy experiences when we've been seated around large groups, espeically those with small children who are allowed to run wild. Otherwise, all of our experiences there have been great! I could go for some honey chicken and ginger ice cream right now! MMMM...