PDA

View Full Version : I had my first PEEPS today!

Melanie
03-22-2007, 01:43 AM
And they were frozen - YUM!!! :tasty:

:easter:

ElenitaB
03-22-2007, 02:15 AM
Poor Peeps... I guess you didn't tell him that Spring has sprung!

Earnhardt321
03-22-2007, 02:21 AM

:easter:

I just had my first PEEPS to!!
Mine were not frozen I have never had frozen PEEPS.

kakn7294
03-22-2007, 02:24 AM
I've never had them frozen. I love them stale and chewy but I always have to hide an open package from the kids or they eat them all before they have a chance to get stale!

disneydeb
03-22-2007, 02:33 AM
I've never had them frozen, but I love to put them in the microwave!YUM!

Melanie
03-22-2007, 02:35 AM
The frozen thing is a trick I learned here on INTERCOT a few years back.

Mmmmm, they are so good that way! Kinda like when you open the package and let them sit for a few days, but a little colder. :)

alpro2
03-22-2007, 05:37 AM
I too have never tried them frozen. Do you eat more if they are frozen, or if they are at room temp? ;)

Melanie
03-22-2007, 05:59 AM
Do you eat more if they are frozen, or if they are at room temp? ;)

It doesn't matter. :blush:

I just got back from the store and bought a light green color. Are these new this year? I've never seen them.

Earnhardt321
03-22-2007, 06:49 AM
I had the pink ones but when I made a weekend trip to the USA from Canada I found green, blue, and pink. At home we only have yellow and purple. I did see a orange/red color to but it didn't look right so I left them on the shelf.
I will have to try the frozen thing!

Jenemmy
03-22-2007, 07:42 AM
I've never had them frozen. I love them stale and chewy but I always have to hide an open package from the kids or they eat them all before they have a chance to get stale!

LOL -- It is a hard and fast rule in our household that you puncture the peep packaging and LET THEM SIT for a day or two without touching them. Although none of my children have ever actually gotten in trouble for eating a fresh peep, i can see that twitch in my hubby's eye when he realizes that is one less stale one he gets to eat.....

Caroleh
03-22-2007, 07:59 AM
ohhhhh, peeps...I need to get some, yet. I'm the only one in the house that likes them!!!

kakn7294
03-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey Mel, we had (note I said had) the light green ones too. I'd never seen that color before either, so it must be new. Last Easter, we had peeps eggs that came with little icing tubes to decorate them like Easter eggs. They were cute but not as good with the icing on them. In your honor last night, at 3 in the morning my time, I consumed 4 pink peeps.

SteveL
03-22-2007, 08:31 AM
I love them stale and chewy but I always have to hide an open package from the kids or they eat them all before they have a chance to get stale!

I always prefer to think of these peeps as being properly air-cured.

Mickey'sGirl
03-22-2007, 08:45 AM
You all disturb me.... :sick:

Poor little :chicken: ! :(

Melanie
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Poor little :chicken: ! :(

I actually like the :bunny:. Is that better? ;)

Time to change my avatar! :D

ChipDale
03-22-2007, 09:06 AM
I just got back from the store and bought a light green color. Are these new this year? I've never seen them.

I think so, Mel. I just saw them the other day at Target.

Yay, the annual Peeps thread! :thumbsup:

I love your new avatar! :tasty: :bunny:

JanetMegan
03-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Peeps make me :sick: worse than Jagermeister.

Dsnygirl
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
:D :tasty: Yum!! Can't wait to get my hands on some!!:D

disneydrmr
03-22-2007, 09:22 AM
I have some pink peep bunnies at home getting "properly air-cured" :D . (though I did eat two of them fresh!) I've seen the blue ones - but have not come across the light green ones yet. Maybe they were for St. Patrick's Day? I've never tried them frozen - but since they are 10 for $10 at our local Kroger I think I'll stop on my way home and pick a few more up and try them!

LONG LIVE PEEPS!!!!!

DizNee143
03-22-2007, 09:24 AM
mmmm peeps!! yummy!!
i bought my dad the other day red ones and green ones... i have never seen those colors before...has anyone tried the cocoa ones i see out with all the easter stuff? are they any good? and i like them stale too!! they are so yummy!! and i have yet to try them frozen...i gotta remember to try and put some in the freezer..:D

conorsmom2000
03-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Okay peeps fans, I just had to share this.....my sister is the biggest peeps addict I know....every holiday, any color....she loves her peeps!! Well, we recently had her bridal shower and you know the tradition of the funny hat made from bows....well, her friends made sure to include her obsession there as well....check out her hat here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/2572522/3/135435503/Large)! :haha: :funny:

We also love our peeps here, though they must be stale as well. I've never tried them frozen but that sounds yummy!! :easter:

Melanie
03-22-2007, 09:55 AM
check out her hat here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/2572522/3/135435503/Large)! :haha: :funny:

That's too funny, Jen! Oh, and she's got those light green ones on there.

I must say that I can't stomach the other holiday Peeps. That's just wrong. :ack:

drummerboy
03-22-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm just an old-fashioned fresh Peeps kind of guy myself. Mel, you mean you can get them in Japan? Or did you bring them with you in the freezer?

SteveL
03-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Once one of my kids moves out, I'm converting that bedroom to a Peeps aging room, just like the the beef aging room at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Peeps, of all shapes and colors, will be on display behind glass as they reach the point of perfection.
However, flavored Peeps won't be permitted in the room as they would adulterate the others.

SgtTigger
03-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Yay, the annual Peeps thread!

I love your new avatar!

I know this thread was coming and look 24 post in one day.......... Hey Mel did you have to have them shipped in??????

I think Ill stick with the strawberry Pocky... have you had that over there yet???? I get my fix from EPCOT every trip......

:cop: :tigger:

Caroleh
03-22-2007, 09:01 PM
After work today, and before my belly dancing class, I made a stop and some peeps jumped into my hands. Class was about three blocks away from the store I bought them in and 2 jumped into my mouth...and by the time I got home from class a whole row disappeared.....I searched my car for them and they were gone. I'm pretty sure I didn't eat them all.

NotaGeek
03-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Frozen Peeps!?! Where have I been? Oh I am gonna try this out come Saturday!

HndrdPrcnt
03-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I have to say that this thread is the first I have ever heard of frozen peeps as well. I am going to have to give this a try. I have never been a big peeps fan, but maybe I'll give them another shot!!:thumbsup:

Jenemmy
03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Well thanks a lot! thanks to all you ***peeps*** I thought about frozen peeps all day long!! LOL. I finally caved and ran to the store for peeps -- feeling weak and peer pressured all the way there. They are freezing as we speak.

HndrdPrcnt
03-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Just got back from the store with peeps in hand. I now have some in the freezer and some getting aired out. I had a few fresh as well and even tried microwaving one. I have to say that I have found a new love for peeps!!:mickey:

disneyfan369
03-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Mmmmm peeps! I love them. My favorite are the purple bunnies, or the yellow chicks. Nothing says spring quite like eating a purple bunny's ears. :) And even better, they come in sugar free, too. I have to admit, the sugar free ones are good too- instead of all the sugar (which I realize is the best part for some), I could really taste the marshmallow, which was great. Sometimes it's really good (and yummy!!) to taste the marshmallow side of a peep!!

Melanie
03-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey Mel did you have to have them shipped in??????

The BX's (base exchanges) are well stocked with Peeps. :thumbsup:

Glad we could introduce some of you to the wonderful world of frozen Peeps! :yay:

jennbunn
03-23-2007, 12:20 AM
yes i finally found other people that love peeps as much as me!!!! :thumbsup: i can not get enough of peeps!!! most of my easter decor is centered around the pink peep bunny. i have never tried them frozen.so it is off to the store to get some!!!! :cloud9:

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Of course I have to tell my annual 'DW and my private stash' story.

DW doesn't care for Peeps (can you imagine?), but one time when I was supposed to be dieting she found a box of them that I'd hidden. When I went to my secret stash to have one, all the heads were bitten off the little chickies. :thedolls: :thedolls: :D

MNNHFLTX
03-23-2007, 08:48 AM
But of course--is there any other way to eat them?? ;)

After seeing your current avatar, I knew it must be Peeps season for you, Mel! :)

SgtTigger
03-23-2007, 11:22 AM
When I went to my secret stash to have one, all the heads were bitten off the little chickies.

At least you did not wake up with them in your bed.... you know like the horse head........

disneydrmr
03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
After work today, and before my belly dancing class, I made a stop and some peeps jumped into my hands. Class was about three blocks away from the store I bought them in and 2 jumped into my mouth...and by the time I got home from class a whole row disappeared.....I searched my car for them and they were gone. I'm pretty sure I didn't eat them all.

Sounds like a Peepnapping to me! Did you call in the police? :cop: Brett - do you have any of that police yellow tape to cordone off the crime scene? Think we should dust for prints? Or is that colored sugar trail enough of a clue for you?

DisneyDudet
03-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I know this thread was coming and look 24 post in one day.......... Hey Mel did you have to have them shipped in??????

I think Ill stick with the strawberry Pocky... have you had that over there yet???? I get my fix from EPCOT every trip......

In our local Wal Mart, they have Pocky for less than a dollar a box! Of course, the strawberry always goes first! But hey, nothing can beat a Disney tradition!

And with the peeps, its sad they've made peeps a Every Holiday type thing.. saddens me a bit. I like easter candy the best, with the Mini Eggs (of course.. my favorite since i was about.. say.. 4) and the peeps. I haven't had any in years, I may just have to try them frozen!

SgtTigger
03-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a Peepnapping to me! Did you call in the police? :cop: Brett - do you have any of that police yellow tape to cordone off the crime scene? Think we should dust for prints? Or is that colored sugar trail enough of a clue for you?

Please stay behind the Crime scene tape......

I keep getting sugar in my finger print dust........... It is funny but one of our guys in Crime Scene has pink dusting power...... in his kit........

Melanie
03-23-2007, 08:21 PM
In our local Wal Mart, they have Pocky for less than a dollar a box!

What is Pocky? :blush:

DisneyDudet
03-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Melanie, your a Mod? haha I'm just kidding.

Its a biscuit stick that is dipped in cremes that harden a little. THey are pretty skinny and the cremes are different flavors, like milk chocolate and strawberry. They are from Japan. I guess they are covered w/ a flavored fudge, when I go look at it online.

I don't know how much they cost at Disney, but they are about a dollar a box or less at Wal Mart in the Asian food area. We've always found them on the top shelf. They're great for a little snack.

Just google Pocky and you should be able to see what they look like!

SgtTigger
03-23-2007, 10:39 PM
What is Pocky? :blush:

Mel

You must go out and get some.......

My dad brought me some when he went to Japan on business..... Oh man...... I called him last trip and said guess what I am eating. I love the strawberry ones....... Yes they also carry them in Epcot in the large store in Japan.... Yes I cant think of the name.... I got some last trip with the girls and they had never had them before.... well I had to go get more for me because in no time they ate a whole box.....

jennbunn
03-23-2007, 11:02 PM
i just tried my first frozen peep tonight and all i can do is say yummy !!!!!!!! :cloud9: my dh just asked me if that was what i was having for dinner since that is all i keep eating tonight!!!!! :)

Melanie
03-24-2007, 04:11 AM
My dad brought me some when he went to Japan on business.....

They're from Japan??? Now I feel really stupid.

Okay, we've had pocky here before, just didn't know what they were called. I'm being honest when I say I've eaten all sorts of unidentified things since I've been here.

SgtTigger
03-24-2007, 11:57 AM
They're from Japan??? Now I feel really stupid.

ummmm Mel........... I would not have mentioned it if it was from say France.... :funny: :rotfl:

Okay, we've had pocky here before, just didn't know what they were called. I'm being honest when I say I've eaten all sorts of unidentified things since I've been here.

:stop: Mel I dont want to know..... If I cant identifiy it I dont eat it...... :thumbsup:

Dakota Rose
03-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Never had my peeps frozen. Gonna have to try that at the Pocky thing. Mmmmm. I've been hooked on Peeps since my kindergarten teacher used them as prizes if you took a nap. hahahaha That was more than 25 years ago now. hehehehe

Caroleh
03-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I tried the rest of my peeps frozen today, they aren't too bad, still like them nice and fresh.

Speaking of peeps, when my DD was little she could never figure out why the Easter Bunny brought her those yucky marshmellowy things...I told her the Easter Bunny brought them for her to share with her mommy...I got them all!!!!!

ElenitaB
03-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Speaking of peeps, when my DD was little she could never figure out why the Easter Bunny brought her those yucky marshmellowy things...I told her the Easter Bunny brought them for her to share with her mommy...I got them all!!!!!
:rotfl: Carol, you have my utmost respect :notworth:

I've yet to buy Peeps yet this year as I'm afraid they will jump into my mouth. However, I have to head back to the market this weekend and soon I'll have a small stash airing out and another in the freezer. I'd LOVE to find the sugar free ones though.

tyandskyesmom
03-27-2007, 11:19 AM
In honor of this thread my family did a taste test this past Sunday. We bought green ones to freeze, yellow to microwave, and the pink ones stayed normal.

A little info before we start...Lou does not generally love Peeps but will eat them, I really like them, and the kids will eat almost anything with enough sugar on it...'nuff said!

So we each had one of each and here are our verdicts...

Lou and Ty liked frozen the best with Ty liking the normal second and microwaved third but Lou liked the microwaved second and normal third.

I liked the normal the best, microwaved next, and frozen last.

Skye took a very long time scooping the microwaved one up with her finger little by little until you could almost not tell it had existed there so we are calling that one her favorite, then she tried the frozen one which she ate all of and the normal one she offered to Ty after she bit the head off.

We also decided that the proper way to eat a Peep (at least in our house) is head first unless it has a long tail, then you eat the tail first followed immediately by the head...I guess I have been doing it wrong all these years!

Thanx guys, for a fun Sunday evening activity!

96 more days!