PDA

View Full Version : Wdw Secrets

elmjimmlm
03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Has anyone bought wdw secrets for the internet? I found this site and it says that it can save you alot with tips from their site. I cant find any more information about it and I dont know if it would be worth it...if anyone has done this, I would appreciate any information that you have.

RockChalkKimball
03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Are you talking about the one that was advertised here on Intercot and said it was written by a former CM? If so, yes I bought it. The only thing that I found, that I didn't know before, was how to rent DVC points. I have never done this and frankly thought it sounded like alot of work. The rest of the "secrets" can be found here (and on other sites) for free. This is the best place to find information and the discussion boards are better than any you will find anywhere else.

ibrowse17
03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Never heard of it, but why buy something when you can get great free tips right here?:confused:

CleveRocks
03-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I did exhaustive Internet research and learned all I needed to know. I saw the ad for the book on another site. I e-mailed them because I questioned how much I could learn.

To his credit, the author's brother sent me the password to access/download the book, and took me on my honor that I'd pay if I found it helpful.

Well, the first thing I checked was Disney's Magical Express information; the service was fairly new at the time, and outside of Disney employees and their subcontractors I knew about as much about DME as anyone else out there, and apparently I knew more than the "insider" author. They had many glaring errors (such as incorrectly telling people that if they are not flying a "participating airline" that they have to get their own bags at baggage claim and aren't eligible to get their bags automatically delivered to their resort).

Beyond that error, I found NOTHING I hadn't previously learned on other message boards and sites (sorry, I hadn't yet found Intercot). He agreed not to charge me. In his e-mail, he allowed that someone who is not already well-informed can save a lot of money using his sister's "insider tips," but that someone who'd already done a lot of research wouldn't find any new info that would help save money.

So it may be a very valuable resource for someone just learning, but for "seasoned pros" it doesn't have much to offer.

homeschool mom
03-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I did buy it and there was a lot of stuff in it that I already knew. However, I did find a site on it for discount tickets that I had never heard of before. I recoverred the cost of the ebook on my ticket savings. There is a lot of interesting stuff in it, but you could probably learn just as much on here.