PDA

View Full Version : Itinerary Opinions

DIppy Dawg
03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
This is our itinerary for our upcoming trip. We would like your opinions/suggestions. We will have 6 day hopper passes and are getting the Magic Your way with dining option. ADRs have already been made as well as reservations for the Family Magic Tour.

Wake up Easter Morning. Watch DD (7), DS (5) and DS (2) going through their Easter baskets and notice Disney Dollars in their eggs??? Wait "What is that note next to the baskets?" they say. It is a note from the Easter Bunny saying that they had better pack their bags because mom and dad are leaving for Disney World in about an hour!!!!!

Arrive at Pop Century about 8PM Easter Sunday night...sleep!!!!

Monday head to Disney Studios and have ADRs for Playhouse Play 'n Dine for lunch. (First time for this character meal). Depending on how tired we are stay for Fantasmic.

Tuesday Magic Kingdom day!!! Dinner at O'Hana, back to park for Wishes

Wednesday Back to Magic Kingdom for FAmily Magic Tour (first time doing this). After tour go to Downtown Disney for some shopping, rest at Pop then dinner at Concourse Steakhouse, back to Magic Kingdom until we pass out!

Thursday EPCOT all day Dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ (First time for this also).

Friday Breakfast at Animal Kingdom - Donald's Breakfastosauros (sp) tour AK, back to room to rest a bit and head to EPCOT for Illuminations.

Saturday MAgic Kingdom again. Dinner at Whispering Canyons (another first time for us).

Sunday Breakfast at Chef Mickey's, Get photopass cd (Grand Floridian or Downtown Disney). Head home and continue the pre Disney diet.

What do you think? The kids have no clue, they think the next time we are going to Disney will be in about 2 - 3 years. We love surprising them like this, it is so much fun!!!

the other micki
03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi there, fellow Louisianian! Sounds like so much fun! A lot of variety in your days. You also seemed to have planned some times to just relax and I believe that's really important, especially with small ones. I plan to surprise my kids for our next trip and I absolutely can't wait!!! Have a great trip!:mickey:

BellewanaB
03-21-2007, 07:28 PM
VERY well planned, indeed!

If you have time, your kids may enjoy the Junior Chef Show in the Land- technically in Sunshine Seasons Food Fair. I have not heard of them closing it- I used to work it back in the day. Basically, the kids get their own personalized Chef hats and learn to make chocolate chip cookies, put them in the magic oven and "poof" they're ready instantly! (wish my oven worked that way)
Everyone gets to take home their own cookies and their chef hat.
I've been told on more than one occasion that kids have forgotten the names of huge rides but beg to come back to this exhibit. Kinda like buying the fancy toy and they play in the big box.
Have fun and Happy Easter!

angedeaile
03-21-2007, 07:38 PM
OMG! That is amazing! I can only imagine how surprised your children will be...I know I was! :D

Sounds like your trip will be amazing! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to you.

KAT1811
03-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Fabulous itinerary!!! I would be interested in hearing how you liked the BBQ and Whispering Canyons. We are heading to WC on our next trip for our first time and we've never done the BBQ but have considered it.

The kids are going to be SO excited!!! We surprised DD#1 with a trip to WDW with Nanny & Poppy while I was VERY pregnant with DD#2 and she was beside herself. We packed her bag and tucked them in the car without her noticing and when she helped us unload the car for Nanny and Poppy she wanted to know why her bag was in there too? I think we were more excited to surprize her and we weren't even going!!!

What a great gift, one they will never forget!!!

Have a great vacation!!!

merlinmagic4
03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
I think your itinerary sounds great and I LOVE the surprise idea!! We are surprising our kids with a trip in November. It will be my son's one year transplant anniversary (I hope). I love the Disney Dollars in the Easter baskets! Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to post a trip report when you get back :thumbsup:

DIppy Dawg
03-21-2007, 08:43 PM
VERY well planned, indeed!

If you have time, your kids may enjoy the Junior Chef Show in the Land- technically in Sunshine Seasons Food Fair.

I did not know about this, do you need ressies?