PDA

View Full Version : Room only booking question

magicgal
03-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi, can someone please tell me if I were to book a room only right now for Feb of 2008 with Disney directly, will I be able to add the Magic Your Way with DDP when the package rates become available? Also, does anyone know if AAA is able to book a room only at this time and then be able to add that MYW with DDP when their rates become available?

faline
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure but you might have to rebook to go from room only to a package. In either case, you should be able to book your package when package rates are announced. Room only reservations can be canceled up to 5 days before arrival without penalty.

Mickey's Pal
03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
The room only rates (and discounts for AAA, Annual Passholders, and FL residents) are separate from the Magic Your Way packages. In fact, they are booked through "separate" entities within the Disney Company, so if you book a room only and want to upgrade to a package, you will get a refund on your room deposit/payment and then make an entirely new reservation. Kinda silly if you ask me... ;)

Also, I don't think that you can opt for a AAA, APH or FL Resident discount with the MYW packages. I think it's one or the other. Can someone clarify that?

Hope this helps! :mickey:

BronxTigger
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Haha. I'm confused too!

I'm still debating between staying at Shades of Green or a true Disney hotel for the Intercot party.

If I book a Disney hotel for that weekend, I can still change my mind up through the end of September and cancel and still get all my money back??

Also, if I book online at disney.com, how much would I have to pay now, and when would I have to pay the rest? Additionally, if I use my Disney Visa, will it somehow just know that the reservation would fall under the 6 month no-interest thing?

*sighs* I hope this is making sense!

Mickey's Pal
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
If I book a Disney hotel for that weekend, I can still change my mind up through the end of September and cancel and still get all my money back??

Also, if I book online at disney.com, how much would I have to pay now, and when would I have to pay the rest? Additionally, if I use my Disney Visa, will it somehow just know that the reservation would fall under the 6 month no-interest thing?

You can cancel a room-only reservation up until 6 days prior to your arrival without penalty (1 night's rate). You can cancel a MYW package 7 days prior to your arrival date without penalties (after that it's a $100 fee).

If you book a MYW package online at DW.com, it's a $200 deposit with the remaining balance due on/before 45 days prior to your arrival date. If you book a room only reservation at DW.com then it is a deposit equal to one-night's rate with the remaining balance due upon check-in.

If you are using your Disney Visa to purchase your vacation (or a portion of your vacation), you should call them to confirm the details.

Hope that helps... :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
03-22-2007, 10:33 PM
The Disney Visa 6-month no interest offer only applies to booking WDW vacation packages - room only reservations do not qualify.

faline
03-23-2007, 08:30 AM
You can cancel a room-only reservation up until 6 days prior to your arrival without penalty (1 night's rate). You can cancel a MYW package 7 days prior to your arrival date without penalties (after that it's a $100 fee).

Actually, I believe you have a penalty when you cancel packages anytime after you hit the 45 day mark.

See this prior discussion. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=71737&highlight=cancellation+policies)