PDA

View Full Version : Any Disney movie you had wished they made a ride of?

smartinez1
03-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Is there any Disney movie out that you wished they had made a ride of? For me it is Mary Poppins! I absolutely love that movie, and although I don't know how they would make a ride of it, I wish they would! Lucky for me I don't live that far from NYC, so I will be going to see Mary Poppin's on broadway!!

ASweetLov
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
I would of loved to see a roller coaster or some kind of a ride about the cave of wonders from Aladdin, I think that would of been great:thumbsup:

Mendelson
03-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Apocalypto!

Pulp Fiction!

KAT1811
03-21-2007, 02:40 PM
How about Bedknobs and Broomsticks? I love that movie. When I was little I would watch it over and over again. It is still one of my favorite movies. A little magic and a flying bed, what could be more Disney?

KAJUNKING
03-21-2007, 02:49 PM
cars, my kids would love that

BelleCiavo
03-21-2007, 03:00 PM
I would love to see a ride like Spiderman over at IOA, but with a Monters Inc. theme. We could be taking a tour of the factory and along the way Mike, Sulley and Boo jump into our tour vehicle as they are trying to escape Randall. We race through the factory, going in and out of various doors that lead to varied climates (snowy, hot, rainforest) and maybe even come across dangers like we come out of a hut in Africa and run into a lion. We end with trapping Randall and Waternoose somehow and getting Boo safely home.

Goes4FastPass
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
... For me it is Mary Poppins! I absolutely love that movie, and although I don't know how they would make a ride of it, I wish they would! Lucky for me I don't live that far from NYC, so I will be going to see Mary Poppin's on broadway!!
We saw MP on Broadway and you'll have great fun. No 17 Cherry Tree Lane has got to be the biggest doll house ever!
A Mary Poiins ride should be (1) placed in Great Britain in EPCOT and (2) have carousel horses you ride through the 'Jolly Holiday' (they could do it like the 'bicycles' at Universal's ET ride).

DNS
03-21-2007, 03:41 PM
The Jungle Book!!!

smartinez1
03-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Wow, great ideas everyone! I would also love to see an incredibles ride, and I love the bedknob and broomsticks ride idea. I too loved that movie!!!:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
03-21-2007, 04:03 PM
The Jungle Book!!!Yeah, it seems to me AK/Asia should at least have a store called The Bear Necessities.

DNS
03-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, it seems to me AK/Asia should at least have a store called The Bear Necessities.

Perfect! Right outside the new Jungle Book ride. :thumbsup:

cinderella crazy
03-21-2007, 04:38 PM
I would love it if they made a ride based on Cars, Incredibles, or Monsters Inc!

AliceinDisney
03-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Hmm this is a super fun question. I think for me the coolest move/ride would be if they had converted the 20,000 Leagues lagoon into a Little Mermaid ride. There was speculation over it years ago, but it never got implemented because I guess Disney didnt like the flow of it. Its to be a Finding Nemo ride in the Disneyland California. Its only a matter of time before it shimmies its way over to Orlando's MK. I also would like to see a spooky Sleepy Hollow ride where you must escape the clutches of the Headless Horseman, as seen through the eyes of Ichabod. But the kids of this generation probably dont know who he is sadly or that there was a cartoon back in the forties/fifties. One other idea that would be fun would be the Rescuers and you get to fly in a big Seagull over scenes from the film, kinda like Peter Pans flight. That'd be fun times too.

Princess Jayne
03-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Sleeping Beauty! Cant think what they could do with it but i'm sure they could think of something! x

Gator
03-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Tron! Speeder bikes, Recognizer flights, something more than what they used to have in the People Mover of Disneyland.

Also, Flight of the Navigator. It could be another simulator ride with that pop-out head robot.

Speedy1998
03-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Monsters thrill ride based on the seen with the doors going to the door storage area. I think this could make a great 3D thrill ride where you are following the chase.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-21-2007, 09:25 PM
A PINK ELEPHANT RIDE! I would love a black-lit Pink Elephants on Parade ride - that has to be my favorite Disney song (from a movie)...I would LOVE that!

Chris :hatter:

WDW_Obsessed
03-21-2007, 09:38 PM
I vote for an Inredibles or Monsters Inc. ride! I also have always thought that an Emporer's New School roller coaster would be really cool if it took you through Izsla's lair...

Christine
03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Mary Poppins...

I think it would be neat to go into the chalk picture, have the tea party on the ceiling, and go on the rooftops of London.

dolphinmickey9170
03-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I would like a little mermaid ride/monsters inc/hocus pocus

Darin M
03-22-2007, 12:02 AM
1. I think that they should refurb tommorrowland speedway into a CARS themed attraction. It will give this boring track some life. Maybe change the vehicles to match cars from the movie.
2. Jungle Book log flume ride, similiar to Splash Mountain. With cool scenes and a song that wont get out of your head.
3. An Incredibles ride incorporating 3-D & motion simulation. Better than that Spider Guy's ride at that other, less amusing, theme park.
4. They should also make a storybook ride for Cinderella, similiar to Snow White and Peter Pan.

AliceinDisney
03-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah Bear Necessities. That'd be awesome but a log flume hmm Maybe something in the Jungle. Like Jungle Cruise with some log fume action at the end of it!

AliceinDisney
03-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Or a Lion King ride would rawk too! With Hakuna Matata playing the whole time, or I Just Cant Wait to be King!

darthmacho
03-22-2007, 08:14 AM
:pirate: They have these great movies about pirates, I bet that would make a really good ride!

:hmghost: Oh yes, and I think they have a movie about a haunted house, and one about some bears that sing.

:scratch: Now if I could just think of what to call the attractions...

magicman
03-22-2007, 01:26 PM
101 Dalmations. The ride would be something like the Buzz Lightyear ride; however, you capture puppies while being attacked by Cruella, Horace, & Jasper.

magicman
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Another idea would be a ride "Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader".

caryrae
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Flubber
Atlantis the lost empire
Around the world in 80 days
The Black Hole
Cool Runnings
Herbie
James and the Giant Peach
National Treasure
The Santa Clause
Wild Hogs

CaptSmee
03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
The Jungle Book at AK sounds like a perfect match!

big blue and hairy
03-22-2007, 03:37 PM
I would love to see a ride like Spiderman over at IOA, but with a Monters Inc. theme. We could be taking a tour of the factory and along the way Mike, Sulley and Boo jump into our tour vehicle as they are trying to escape Randall. We race through the factory, going in and out of various doors that lead to varied climates (snowy, hot, rainforest) and maybe even come across dangers like we come out of a hut in Africa and run into a lion. We end with trapping Randall and Waternoose somehow and getting Boo safely home.
I would love a "Door Ride". I'm mentioned that a few times over the last year or so.

A roller coaster themed to Emperor's New Groove would be fun...the rope bridge, the bats, and of course..."Why do we even have that lever??!"

CarolinaWDWFan
03-22-2007, 04:06 PM
:haha: Here are a few movies I would like to see made into attractions:

1. Swiss Family Robinson
2. Pirates of the Carribean
3. Haunted Mansion
4. Buzz Lightyear
5. Stitch!
6. Snow White
7. Peter Pan
8. Country Bears

Oh, wait...they've done those already. Oh, well.:funny:

snowflakegirl
03-22-2007, 04:19 PM
DH would love to see a Cars ride. I think I'd like to see something with Sleeping Beauty since its my favorite movie. And I've always thought something based on the door scene in Monstors Inc would be fun.

PrincessAmanda
03-22-2007, 07:33 PM
I would love to see a dark ride based on Beauty & the Beast. It is such a wonderful film with great characters.

Belle619
03-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Based upon the recent popularity, there should be a catch-all princess dark ride. You could move from scene to scene of the various movies which don't already have rides (Beauty & the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, etc.)

The ride could be divided into rooms, each dipicting the storyies plots - i.e. an introduction room, a conflict room (maybe a scene with all the villians!), and resoultion room (where it shows all of the happy endings!)

Kristi Kay
03-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Tarzan needs a super cool ride!

huzzah4
03-24-2007, 05:40 AM
Darby O'Gill and the Little People

LudwigVonDrake
03-24-2007, 09:39 AM
I always thought Bambi would make a great dark ride for AK, a Mary Poppins ride where everyone flew in their own Umbrella over London and the story of "Poppins" and a coaster/dark ride themed after Monster Inc. :mickey:

GrumpyFan
03-24-2007, 02:13 PM
You guys all have some great ideas here. Me, I think there are several movies that they could use to make some great rides/attractions, most all of them mentioned.

As Jungle Book is one my all time favorite movies, I would love to see a ride incorporating the story elements from the movie. I like the idea of a water-type ride. They could use the water coaster boats (like Atlantis at SeaWorld) and build a big temple like King Loueys or an elaborate jungle theme with a plunge at the end. The story could revolve around working with Baloo and Bagheera helping to rescue/find Mowgli and return him to the man village. They could use scenes with King Louie, Kaa, and Shere Kahn as well as the 4 vultures.

I would be very surprised if Imagineering didn't have several different plans for rides with various ideas/themes around this movie. It's a real shame that nothing has ever been done with it. We can always hope for one day, right?

battle beast
03-24-2007, 03:08 PM
cars, my kids would love that

They could replace Roger Ribbit's Cartoon spin with a cars ride.

battle beast
03-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, it seems to me AK/Asia should at least have a store called The Bear Necessities.

That's hilarious! I love it!

pasghetti
03-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Absolutely without a doubt, Mary Poppins. At 44yo it is still my all time favorite.