PDA

View Full Version : Watercraft Rental-No More Captain's Plan?

RocklandRVers
03-21-2007, 11:33 AM
We have been real busy with building and moving to our new house and have not been in touch with the boards in a while. We did, however, make reservations last summer for a trip to FtW over Spring Break (First week in April for us).

Since this trip we wanted to do more recreational stuff and stay away from the parks, we thought about the good old Captain's Plan for unlimited watercraft rental for the length of our stay. DS, now age 16 and a licensed driver, has dreamed of taking a Sea Raycer out on his own without Mom or Dad along since we first rented one for an hour about 4 years ago.

I called to find out about updated prices and learned that they discontinued the family and captain's plans about a year ago. Supposedly this ushered in a "recreation package". However that is all inclusive with park tickets, golf, meals, etc. I was told by the CM that they sometimes bring back the captain's/family plans at certain times.

Has anyone heard about this?

DISNEYFIX
03-21-2007, 11:55 AM
nterested as well. Do they do this in Sept.?

mickey98
03-21-2007, 10:06 PM
The Captain's Plan was discontinued at the beginning of 2006.. C.M. at the marina at F.W. Told us it was a management decision.. We feel it was a profit decision.. And it does not come back from time to time,, It is discontinued forever !!!!!!!

RocklandRVers
03-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Profit? I dare say that paying the $250 we paid a few years ago for the plan had to have been profitable too. We took the boats out for maybe 4 hours total that week because the weather was not that good on a few of the days. Sometimes you get to use the watercraft everyday and sometimes not. It balances out.

We took out the plan more for convenience sake so we didn't have to watch the clock and come back in to see if someone else wants a boat.

It really gets me steamed :mad: when these so called unprofitable amenities are suddenly curtailed.

Not2Loud
03-26-2007, 06:53 PM
They didn't have in Feb when I was there. The CM at the marina just looked at me funny when I asked about it!