PDA

View Full Version : Waterparks with young kids

Goofy Pluto
03-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone.

So we'll be going to WDW with children aged 4 1/2, 2 1/2, and almost 1. Now, obviously there are SOME things for young kids at the waterparks, but is there enough? I mean, will it just be running around the kids area all day, or would we be able to do some other things? What are the age requirements for the slides and things? What are others experiences with young kids at the water parks.

Thanks.

crazykids
03-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I'll be going in September w/ 3 young kids, ages 19months, 3, & 4. DH & I have been to both water parks, but never w/ the kids. The 3 & 4yr olds will be able to go on quite a bit, it really depends on the height requirements & if your child is up for the slides. Our plan is for one of us to do the slides w/ the two older ones while the other stays back w/ the little one at the kiddie pool area & then switch up.

Buttercup
03-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Our 18 month old was able to go on the kiddie water slides at both BB and TL. He loved it! Daddy would go up to the top and give him a "push" down the winding water slides and I'd be waiting at the bottom to catch him. They even have mini raft rides for little ones that are adorable to watch the kids come down. Our DS also enjoyed the wave pools with us - he would squeal whenever a wave was coming - and then we'd lift him out of the water just in time! He also sat on my lap on an inner tube in the lazy rivers so that was fun too.
Kids will totally love the water parks - they can play in the sand, there are special kids areas (perfect for toddlers and preschoolers) with small fountains squirting out of the ground, and there are even shallow "wading" areas that you can set up your lounge chair and just watch the kids play.

Maleficent's Dad
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Some food for thought:

TL has a kiddie area that's smaller and more compact - making it easier to keep an eye on your young ones!

BB has a larger and more extensive area (our kids preferred it actually) but with two kids, it's harder to follow them around.

Not2Loud
03-22-2007, 08:14 AM
I am taking my DD3 in June for her birthday to WDW. I plan to go to MK one day (2 day trip this time), and was thinking about TL or BB the other day.

With a 3 yr old, might it be better for us to just take advantage of the pool at the Yacht Club where we are staying? I haven't been to the YC before, so don't really have anything to plan off of.

thanks!

Luv Eeyore
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Stormalong bay at the YC is probably the best themed pool at the World. My DS would be perfectly happy playing there and probably prefers the resort pool to the water parks - althouh I'm sure that will change once he gets older.

mom*3
04-02-2007, 01:54 AM
In Oct 2005 our family had 7 kids at Typhoon Lagoon. Ages from 5 months up to 7. Our conclusion: the 7 yr old had a great time, and the 6 yr old a good time, with plenty of slides, etc. to do for 3 to 4 hrs. (Note: they were very good swimmers.) The 5 yr old had an ok time (good swimmer, but intimidated by some slides, and only tall enought to do a few.) For everyone younger: totally not worth it. Sure they had some fun, but only in the kid's areas. They played in the sand, and did a little of the small slides and spout areas. Mostly they just sit in the water and splash. As parents, we had to constantly split up due to the kids different abilities and interest (or lack thereof). The under 5 kids had just as much fun swimming at the hotel pool (WL), playing on the WL "beach", and in some of the interactive fountains at MK. So we thought it wasn't worth the money, effort, and time for those under 5. Hope this helps. Have a great trip, whatever you decide.

4myprincesses
04-02-2007, 11:11 AM
We have gone to both and prefer BB for our younger children. We went when they were 2 and 3, 3 and 4, and 4 and 5.
TL has squirter guns and older kids shooting water in the faces of the younger ones. Also, it has many "up in the air theming" which is hard to see the children around. BB has some of this, but not as much. Make sense?

We plan on returning to BB again this year as the girls are 5 and 6 as it has another area for kids that are a little bigger than the little areas. Also, our twins will be one and I think they will enjoy the same old spots the older ones used to.

Jenn