PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti reservations?

Beckybalz
03-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Does anyone have any updated information on when this new restaurant will be opening? We are going at the end of July and hoping it will be open by then. Also, does anyone know when you will be able to start making ADRs for it? Thanks!

DVC2004
03-21-2007, 08:15 AM
I haven't hear about this. Where is this restaurant going to be?:)

Figment!
03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
From Tidbits February 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=95610)
Dining in Andapur

2/22/07 Landry’s Asia project at Disney’s Animal Kingdom appears to have settled on a name. Construction walls around the future site now bear a sign for the “Yak & Yeti Restaurant” Below the sign “Opening 2007” has been added to the wall, actually de-specifying the locations projected opening date. It had been previously announced as Summer 2007, but with construction delays a Fall 2007 date is more likely.

No word on when they will start taking reservations.

Tynkerbelle
03-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know what type of menu to expect?

KAJUNKING
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know what type of menu to expect?

i was wondering the same thing?

mudpuppysmom
03-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I copied this from another site, so I'm not sure how accurate the info is:

In addition to the T-Rex concept, Landry's has acquired the majority interest in Schussler Creative's new Asian themed eatery (which is expected to open by summer 2007) inside Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park. This Asian-themed restaurant with retail is reminiscent of the western Himalayan foothills in India and Nepal, featuring a rural village called Anandapur in a jungle with a tiny town-like mass at its center. Asia will offer full service table dining, as well as quick service food. This Asian-Fusion concept will feature Asian decor, complete with Asian antiques, as well as a retail component that will offer Asian goods ranging from Sushi plates to chopsticks and fine teapots.

Figment!
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
The above is from a press release you can actually find on INTERCOT here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=796398&postcount=3).

scadet
03-21-2007, 05:17 PM
I'd be really interested in finding out when this year it'll be opening?!! We're going down in September and I'd LOVE to try this place! Sounds awesome!

luvdiznee
03-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I called this morning because we are hoping to go early October and I asked if they are accepting reservations for this new restaurant, I geuss maybe the CM was new or just this is their answer, but he said a new restaurant for AK Park hasnt even been announced yet. I said I've read information on it and that it is to be called "Yak & Yeti" he then said the only two TS restaurants at AK Park are Restaurantsaurus(?) and Rainforest Cafe'. I said OK I'll just wait for further info. :mickey:

JPL
03-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I can't even imagine the mess taking reservations would make if the restaurant opening was delayed. When you call Disney Dining they are just looking at what is available in the system.

rsumrall
03-25-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm sure this restaurant will fly, but the counter service at AK is just so fabulous that I don't know if I could steer away from them. I already have to wrestle between Tusker House and Flame Tree. Now there's another choice to confuse me...

May524
03-25-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm very interested to see this restaurant. I doubt that it will be open by June...but one can hope!