PDA

View Full Version : AP discounts and contemporary

germanhc
03-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Planning a trip in late September and I was wondering if the annual pass discounts ever applied to rooms at the contemporary. Every other time the ap discounts were released, it seems the contemporary was sold out when I checked.

tink55
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Yes, I was looking at the current AP discounts for May/June and found some CR rooms, but not for the exact dates I want *sigh*. I may split my stay to take advantage.

I think they release rooms at every resort for AP rates, but some resorts are just harder to find rates for because there are fewer rooms available and they get snapped up quick. Examples of the hard-to-get... WL, CSR, PORFQ and CR. But if you keep checking back, sometimes you get lucky.

KylesMom
03-27-2007, 09:57 AM
The last time we were able to snag A/P rates for The Contemporary for the timeframe we wanted was early June 2005. Between the closure/remodel of the South Wing in '05 (we were one of the only families placed in that wing at the time) and the teardown of the North Wing in '06/'07, there are simply not as many rooms available as there used to be, and thus they perhaps do not need to offer discounted rates as frequently since there are less rooms to fill. Tax included, I believe our A/P rate for June 2005 was $240 a night. Since no A/P rates were offered during our upcoming June stay, I had MJ check CR for AAA rates - the wing room was over $300 with tax per night with the discount! I wouldn't give up hope, though, that A/P rates will be offered for September. :mickey:

P.S. - They do not offer A/P rates at all resorts for a given period of time - only the ones that are "light" on bookings.