PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Reviews?

SandmanGStefani24
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
well friends, our next trip is booked! We chose Contemporary, and we wanted to know what anyone's recent experiences were with the resort. What did ya'll think?

Jasper
03-20-2007, 10:25 PM
The rooms are nice, the service is good, being on the monorail is really cool. Overall I would give it an A as far as a resort is concerned. There is only one thing it lacks, that is a theme.

Ok, ok, I know that others will say that the theme is what a state of the art resort is now and into the future. When the Contemp. was first built I think it answered this theme nicely with the A-Frame design and the monorail actually going into the hotel. However, the very thing that made the Contemp. special in the past is rather commonplace now.

I find it interesting that the state of the art resort now is actually one that is themed to some special place on the planet or some special time in history.

WDWfanatic742
03-20-2007, 11:50 PM
I love this resort and we stay here all the time. Haven't been in a room that was refurbished yet but the pictures of them look very cool. I think the best part is that even after going to the theme parks or other places, you can rest a little bit knowing that the Magic Kingdom is just a 5 minute walk away.

MinnieMommie
03-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I love CR :cloud9: I am happy that you will be staying theer and hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family does. The new rooms are really beautiful and I love the fact that the monorail goes through the building. I also love walking into the MK. Have fun! :mickey:

kmo84
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I stayed back in November. We were in the Garden Wing and it had been refurbished. The room was beautiful. Service was the same as it always has been there for us. Just great.

It's just so cool to be that close to the Magic Kingdom. We walked to the park in the morning.

Have a great time!

threeh
03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
We stayed for one night on our last trip in the fall. I really liked the contemporary!!!! Walking to the MK is great. If you booked a tower room the views on both MK and the bay lake side are awesome. Don't miss the electric light parade at night. And the monorail being so close, very cool!!!:cloud9:
Have a wonderful stay!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
03-21-2007, 06:32 PM
We stayed there in Nov and we liked it very much. The rooms are beautiful. We had one night with a view of the pool and then the rest with a MK view. It was our first time in a monorail resort and we really loved that:thumbsup: You can't beat just walking down to the monorail and it's very close in that hotel. We were alittle disappointed with the food court. It's extremely small. The pool and hot tub were great:cloud9: It's our 2nd favorite resort, with the Polynesian being first. I'm sure you'll love it:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
03-23-2007, 05:16 PM
thanks everyone! that helps a lot! i'll admit I mainly picked the resort for the proximity and monorail, so the rest is icing on the cake! :thumbsup:

RescueRanger23
03-24-2007, 01:32 PM
You simply cannot beat the convenience of CR. It's also very high quality and I would definitely try to get ADR at Chef Mickey's.

scootch713
03-25-2007, 02:12 PM
If I could stay there again, i would.... just the closeness to MK is wonderful. That makes up for any nondisney feel people may say ??? Beach area nice, pool could use upgraded... you will be happy with your choice. Wish we could afford it this year. ho hum.

DougK
03-25-2007, 02:55 PM
The Contemporary is the favorite resort for my wife and me. Get the MK view for a special time at night after the sun goes down, looking over to the Magic Kingdom is just so cool. And contrary to another post, having a monorail run through my hotel is not commonplace for me! The refurbished rooms are great, except the bathroom sinks are flat which has a nice "contemporary" look but is not very useful. But that's the only complaint we have. Like I said as of now it's our favorite, but we will be staying at GF this October, also with an MK view, so we might change our mins then!

LarryBoy
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
We stayed there for the first time in December and loved it!:thumbsup: This was our first deluxe resort and we loved it, did I say that already? We were supposed to be in the South Wing but they bumped us up to the tower. The view was amazing even though we couldn't see the MK. Just being that close to the MK is an amazing thing. Also the new rooms are beautiful.

Boost
03-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Our family of four stayed at CR this past December....and loved it. It was before they chopped up the North Wing (very sad). At any rate, the room was great, especially if you have a MK view and the staff was awesome, as we expected. Our boys loved the monorail coming through the hotel and the only downfall was that the food and fun dining area left something to be desired. For our next trip, we will probably stay at the Coronado again, which seems to be a consistently great place to stay.