PDA

View Full Version : My TS Lineup..what do u think?

momof2munkies
03-20-2007, 03:48 PM
We are taking our first Disney Trip next month and I just made all of my ADR for my TS credits on the DP.....what do you think of my choices?

4/24..Le Cellier 8:40..It is late, but that is all they had for dinner..hopefully I can get in earlier on a cancellation.

4/25..LTT Character Dinner 7:55

4/26..Princess Story Book Dining at Akerhus Rotal Banquet Hall for myself and DD(5)..Chip-N-Dale's Harvest Feast for DH and DS(4) both at 1:20(don't think they will like lunch w/the princesses)

4/27..Donald's Breakfastosaurus

4/28..Boma 7:00 pm

4/29..Cat 2 Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

4/30..Ohana 6:35 pm

We wil have to pay for one because we have 7 TS Credits and these equal to 8.

Also I was wondering if you can pick and choose how you use your DP TS credits...for instance the Kids Meals at Le Cellier are $4.99, so could we use our Adult TS credits and pay cash for the kids meals? Then at Donald's Breakfast we could pay cash for the adults and use the kids TS credits...more value for the $. Will they allow that or is it just too much of a pain?

Thanks everyone..I look forwarsd to hearing your opionions!

Danielle:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Danielle -

First of all, Welcome to Intercot!!! You will find so much information here that you will be on info overload. It is a great place also for making friends with similar interests!!

Anyhow, your TS reservations look great! You are going to love the Hoop De Doo!! We were just there last October and every member of our family from age 4 - 44 all loved it!!

As far as paying OOP for meals, yes, you can do that and we did do that a few times when it made sense to do so.

Enjoy all the wonderful food of WDW!! :tasty:

wendy*darling
03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I think your choices look great- fantastic for a first ever trip to the World! :thumbsup:

I know they have made some changes to the way they credit meals on the Dining Plan, but I believe your scenario of paying cash for the kids at LeCellier and using their credits at Donald's will be fine. :mickey:

momof2munkies
03-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks for your input! I have another question. I was thinking of traidng the Character Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern for the Sci-Fi Dine In Theratre. It seems they have a wider variety of food choices and my son would LOVE the car tables.

Any opinions?

AuntDJ
03-20-2007, 05:50 PM
We were at the World a couple of weeks ago and here is my take on the new Dining Plan "rules"

Your room card will state 2 adults and 2 children, at any one time you can only purchase 2 adult and 2 child meals. However, if you have a child that will not eat what is on the children's menu, then you could send you husband thru the line as well and get an additional adult meal. Still using only 3 credits as I don't think the computer knows a various times how many adult vs child meals you have left, just the total you have.

What I am saying is if you are there 7 days you could pay OOP for the kids meals at Le Cellier then you could have the extra for the adult meals at Donalds.

I am sure there are those that will say this is wrong or cheating the system, but ALOT of the restaurants (particularly CS's) did not have anything for my kids to eat. Mostly P B & J or mac N cheese. Not real filling for a full day at the world! They could at least offer a chicken strip or mini burger....

DJ

kbhanda
03-20-2007, 05:51 PM
All Great Choices!!! You have done very well.

You will love Le Cellier & Boma.

I would stick with LTT. Sci Fi is cool but wait until they are a bit older and will appreciate the atmosphere of a Drive In more.

Also Norway Princess meal is the best for the value place to see the Princesses and the food is very good!!

Enjoy!

AuntDJ
03-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I realized I did not comment on your choices. I think they are all good. I enjoyed the Norway breakfast more than in the castle. Now my niece (8 yr old) liked the castle, but only for the atmosphere, not really the food.

I took my nephew to the Sci-Fi because I thought he would enjoy it( 8yr old) and he hated it...didn't like eating in the dark...

We did LeCellier for the first time this last trip and I really enjoyed it.

DJ

KAJUNKING
03-20-2007, 06:15 PM
a friend of mine went in november, and although he loved the hoop dee doo said its not worth 2 ts credits because its not as expensive as 2 ts meals elsewhere, so with that said i would pay for hdd out of pocket and book another ts meal at sci fi and that solves both problems :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Your choices look great. You don't want to miss Illuminations, but if you have another night to see Illuminations, then your Le Cellier ADR is a good time. You can relax and eat while Illuminations is going on and the park empties out, making it much less hectic than getting caught in the rush when Illuminations ends and everyone leaves at once.

However, if this is your only chance to see Illuminations (which is spectacular!), then you will want to rearrange your ADR time or choose another restaurant. Le Cellier is a great choice, but not worth missing Illuminations if it's your one shot.

Otherwise, all good. Generally, I would suggest paying OOP for Breakfastosaurus, but your plan would probably work and sounds like a good one. Have fun!

momof2munkies
03-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks Tigg....we are there for 7 nights, so I think we should have another chance to see Illuminations.

That is the only night during our stay that they even had a dinner reservation for Le Celliar and I really want to eat there. I will still try to get an earlier time.:thumbsup:

Thanks!
Danielle

Bethanymouse
03-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Welcome to our magical forum! :mickey: I have not eaten at all of the places you are visiting but as an avid disney fan and a visitor of WDW 19 times I know you are going to have a blast! Here is my scoop:

Le Cellier- awewome resturant! You will not be disappointed!
LTT- Cant really help you there- We might try it next trip I have been hearing good things!

Princess meal- perfect for little ones!
Donald's Breakfastosaurus- never been

Boma - heard great things

Hoop de doo----- GREAT CHOICE!!! the food is mediocore but the show is fantastic!!!!

Ohana's- one of my absolute favorites!!!!

Just a piece of advice, if you need to pay for one of these you may want to opt to pay for a buffet or something like Ohana's. It is a flat fee and you dont have to look at menu prices plus you can eat all you want! Have a great time!

rsumrall
03-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Great choices - but I personally can live without Liberty Tree Tavern. Consider other options.

also, I agree that it is best to pay OOP for HDDR because it is cheaper than 2 TS would be.

have a great trip!

Natazu
03-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT. It's great to have you here. You're right on track thinking about value for your Dining Plan credits.

I think your choices are pretty darn good for the most part. However, unless your little ones are die-hard Donald fans, I'd consider replacing Breakfastosaurus. It's rushed, has poor character interaction, and the food is not that great. That's my two cents anyway.

Liberty Tree's character dinner is fun and the food is pretty good - not a bad choice at all.

Sci-Fi is fine for fries, shakes, and atmosphere. I wouldn't waste an actual meal slot there when there's so much better food in the area... like Waffle House.

LibertyTreeGal
03-21-2007, 05:40 AM
Great choices :thumbsup: But I would never trade LTT for SciFi.

I would also pay for HDD out of pocket and spend a bit more to get tier 1 seating. It makes a BIG difference.

Have an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and your plan for paying OOP for the kids sometimes and yourselves at another time is perfectly legal. It's just not legal to use kids credits for yourselves like some people used to do, so if someone comes on and says it isn't legal, they might be confused and referring to that :)