PDA

View Full Version : WS restaurant suggestion

Disneyatic
03-20-2007, 11:50 AM
We have an ADR for Coral Reef at Epcot, but after all the mixed reviews I am considering cancelling it and picking a different restaurant in WS.
We are not super adventurous eaters but looking over menus here are the ones we are considering:
Rose & Crown
Biergarten
San Angel Inn
Nine Dragons
Teppanyaki

Which restaurant do you think has the best atmosphere and food?

Thanks for all the input!

JPL
03-20-2007, 11:55 AM
My favorite in WS is LeCellier especially if you are not very adventurous.
The steaks are awesome and most things are meat and potato type dishes nothing really adventurous at all.

vicster
03-20-2007, 12:28 PM
We enjoy the Biergarten - I think they have food anyone would enjoy.

Figgyluv03
03-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I have nine dragons on my wish list for our next trip. I'm such a picky eater that I had to go through all the menues and see what was on them to decide.

Pigtunia
03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Rose & Crown - pretty good pub atmosphere (although I prefer Raglan Road at Pleasure Island). Fish n chips is pretty authentic
Biergarten - good meat-heavy buffet with a pretty good Oktoberfest simulation.
San Angel Inn - a very nice dining experience -- if you go, you must have the Mole.
Nine Dragons - take-it-or-leave it...if you've got a half-decent Chinatown where you live, this will pale in comparison.
Teppanyaki - dinner and a show, the cooks are 'performers' -- it's Japanese food for novices, but it IS good.

I agree that Le Cellier is one of the best overall restaurants in WS.

TheRustyScupper
03-20-2007, 12:49 PM
1) I wouldn't worry about Coral.
2) The food is usually pretty good.
3) it is still a good choice.

Belle_0717
03-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I vote Teppanaki. Hibachi is a cool show and the food is not adventurous at all. Stick to chicken and you'll be fine.

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 08:16 PM
We HIGHLY suggest LeCellier. Best steak in"THE WORLD"

Crow
03-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Im giving Coral Reef a shot as i havent been there since the 80s
but of the others.
San Angel best atmosphere.
Le Cellier best food
9 Dragons & Teppanyaki for me would be best combo
Rose & Crown meat :beer:
Biergarten would b last for me.

Natazu
03-21-2007, 03:49 AM
Well, the two best in World Showcase aren't on your list, so I guess Rose & Crown. I'd say if you're adventurous enough for that or San Angel, you should be good at Marrakesh. :twocents:

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 06:18 AM
I would also recommend Marrakesh. We are not very adventuresome either, but decided to give it a try. It was AMAZING!! It has a great atmosphere and the food was really good too! We were very pleasantly surprised!!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I never let mixed reviews sway me from trying a new restaurant, because so many factors come into play. I'm occasionally disappointed with my choices, but sometimes I'm left pleasantly surprised and wondering what the negative reviewers were talking about.

But if you want to play it safe, Rose and Crown is probably the best choice on your list. Le Cellier would probably be a good choice, though. I haven't tried it yet, but if you like to trust reviews, the reviews on Le Cellier are overwhelmingly positive.