PDA

View Full Version : *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 7

Christine
03-20-2007, 02:17 AM
Monday, March 19

After not going to bed until 4:30 this morning, we slept in. I slept until 9:30, DD slept till 10, and DH slept till noon. DD swam in the pool after breakfast in the food court (by the way, there are new refillable mugs for the YOMD, see photo), DH did some laundry, and we met up with DFIL and Bonnie a little after 2pm.

We headed over to Fantasia Gardens to play a round of golf. DH and DFIL wanted to play the Fairways course, but DD wanted to play the Fantasia side (with characters). So, we went our separate ways…DH and DFIL could not believe how challenging and fun their course was. DD had a great time with me and Bonnie, and tried to avoid all the "water hazards" (see picture). Several of the holes shoot or spray water. When the scores were all tallied, we headed back to the hotel to catch the bus to MGM. When we got there, we were astonished by the enormous crowds. There was nowhere to eat, ALL shows and rides had an hour or greater wait, and the streets were packed. The in-laws really wanted to see Fantasmic again, so we went to the 8:30 show. They had a couple of technical difficulties, but even that couldn't take away from beauty of that show. We pushed our way through the crowds and decided to not even attempt EMHs, so we boarded a bus to POFQ to show the in-laws our other "home away from home". We took the boat to DTD and shopped till the Marketplace closed. I got DD and DH some snacks for their flight tomorrow and my favorite souvenir of this trip, the DVD "Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Myth". DFIL bought a stuffed Mickey and Minnie so he and Bonnie could remember their first trip to the World together. We almost convinced him to get a new hat, but to no avail(see photo).

Highlight of the day: Putt-Putt at Fantasia Gardens. What a wonderful hidden treasure this is for WDW.

Plan for tomorrow: DD and DH are heading home. I am going to MK and have to change to ASMu because ASMo couldn't extend my reservation the extra day.

DH has to take the laptop with him, so this is my last post until I get home on Wed., but more pictures and final thoughts will come soon.

Pictures: Click Here (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558267436SOwgNI)

Melanie
03-20-2007, 02:56 AM
I've enjoyed your live reports, Christine! It's my afternoon when you post, so I have enjoyed looking forward to them. Can't wait for your final thoughts. :mickey:

Here we go again...
03-20-2007, 04:05 AM
It is a shame that your trip is coming to an end.
I would love sleep that late in DW... I always wake up thinking about what I could be doing if I could just get everyone up...
One day I will learn to relax.

Thanks for the trip reports, I really have enjoyed reading them. :thumbsup:

faline
03-20-2007, 05:47 AM
Nice, relaxed day! Great pics!

BronxTigger
03-20-2007, 05:50 AM
Thank you for the reports! I really have enjoyed them, especially since they are live and with photos!

It looks like I might see you on your next trip....the Intercot Party trip!

pogo
03-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Another great day. :cloud9:

Your DFIL looks good in the hat ! :confused: He should have bought it.

I can't wait to read more, when you get home.

Thanks for sharing.:D

Caroleh
03-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the live reports!!! They were really intresting!!!

ElenitaB
03-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks, Christine, for another LIVE report! Sounds like a nice relaxing day... I'd love to go to play mini-golf one of these years but the parks are always calling us!

Hope you get some sleep today! How are you ever going to get DD back on a "normal" sleep schedule for school later this week? :alarm:

CanadianWDWFan
03-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks Christine for sharing your day of rest!:thumbsup:

I'll have to tell my DW about the DVD "Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Myth". Where did you find it?

disneydrmr
03-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Oops, you're coming home? (JQ pals - did you hear that? Christine is coming home! We'd better pick up the pace on her house!:D ) Thanks for all your reports! I've enjoyed reading them and seeing all your pictures! Have a safe trip home! I'll 'see' you soon over in JQ!

goofysbabe
03-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I've really enjoyed your reports, feel like I'm there!!! Your helping me get my Disney fix - we're not going until 2008 :( . Enjoy your last moments and can't wait for the last post.

murphy1
03-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Great reports and photos, Christine!! I hope you have a great only you day today!!

offwego
03-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks again for your report! It sounds like you had a great time with the golf.

I too found that EMH at MGM was just a zoo. There doesn't seem to be enough stuff to swallow up all the people there somehow.

Can't wait to hear about your solo day and your pictures as always are amazing.

With such a gift for description you must be a fanastic interior decorator right? I hope.:D

Nascfan
03-20-2007, 10:16 AM
I've really enjoyed virtually going along on your trip! Thanks for sharing that and your photos, it sounds like everyone has had a wonderful time. Can't wait to "see" you when you get home! :D

aprilisis
03-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Your reports are great! I have really enjoyed reading them. I can't wait to hear more!!! :mickey:

tron80
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Another great day. I enjoyed reading your reports.

murphy1
03-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I have this picture in my head of Christine on the Peoplemover and the trip has finally caught up with her, she is zonked out and riding it around and around!

Bethis26fan
03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for sharing. I like the new mugs they are cute.

Maleficent's Dad
03-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the live trip reports - they've been great reading! I can't imagine how tired you must be; I'm exhausted for you as it is!!!:sleepin: :alarm:

The pics have been great!

Love the pics of the Fantasia Course - conjures up some great memories...:mickey:

sleepingbooty
03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
I just read all your reports in one sitting, so I missed the live aspect, but great reports nonetheless! Thanks for sharing!

DizNee143
03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
glad you guys had a good time w/ mini golf..i cant believe the trip is coming to an end already...hope you guys had a great time...cant wait to read about your last day and what not!! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
03-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I have this picture in my head of Christine on the Peoplemover and the trip has finally caught up with her, she is zonked out and riding it around and around!
I have the same image in my mind -- lap after lap after lap :sleepin: :D
I'm glad you took it a little easier today Christine! You didn't happen to buy new lamps while you were shopping did you? (crossing fingers behind back!)

Christine
03-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks Christine for sharing your day of rest!:thumbsup:

I'll have to tell my DW about the DVD "Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Myth". Where did you find it?

I found it at Once Upon a Toy in DTD. Then I realized they had it at WoD too (could have used my AP discount...oh well!)

DH and I can't wait to watch it this weekend!

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: