PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Round Table

momof2munkies
03-20-2007, 01:24 AM
We have our first WDW trip next month. It will be me, my DH, DD(5), and DS(4).

I do not know if I will be able to get a reservation this close to our trip but I am going to try!:joy:

My question is will this be something my DH and DS will enjoy as well, or should they plan to do something together while my DD and I do this?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

momof2munkies
03-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Okay....so it is the Royal Table not the Round Table!:blush:

DizneyRox
03-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Breakfast? Sorry, but the chances of getting a seating at this point are slim to nil.3

Lunch/Dinner? It's possible, however chances are you're going ot get a time that's not good, for example at the time of the parade, fireworks, etc.

IMHO - Breakfast is a bust there, except for the fact that you're eating in the castle. I wasn't impressed with either the food or the character interaction. Lunch or Dinner are beter in terms of food, but value is just not there either. Again, if you're going just to eat inside the castle, it's tough to argue.

Personally, I prefer LTT over CRT. I like the food better and the characters have always been great! LLT will be tough with such short notice as well, but a zillion times easier than CRT.

GreenBeetle
03-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Since breakfast would be nearly impossible to get at this point, you might try the Princess Breakfast at Akershus (Norway) in Epcot. The theme and food are similar to CRT - however, Cinderella does not make an appearance there. You may see Ariel, Snow White, Belle, Mulan etc. and the ADRs are usually easier to get. Just keep in mind that you may be out of luck there as well, since your trip is next month.

Good Luck!

Goofy1060
03-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Last trip DW & DD (8 at the time) hit both the Princess Breakfasts (CRt & Askershus) and theyhad a great time, but we made reservations way in advance of our trip. My DS and I had no desire to go, so we went fishing those mornings. It'll be tough at best to get in, but there are always cancellations - that's how we're going to Ft. Wilderness for spring break with only 2 weeks advance notice! Good luck & enjoy!

Figgyluv03
03-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I ate there before and I totally loved every minute of it. We had dinner there and the food was excellent.

bradk
03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
well, i will beg to differ from the others for a couple of reasons.

first, CRT doesn't sell out nearly as quickly as it used to. because of the changes in Feb 06, Akershsus is actually the one to get. not to say CRT isn't popular, but it's not AS popular as it once was.

second, CRT charges in full at time of booking. that's a much bitter pill to swallow for no-shows. which means it's likely there will be more cancelations that you can capitalize on. you just have to try.

all that said, 30 days out is hoping for a lot, but there is only one way to find out (and the answer isn't on this forum).

as for whether your son will enjoy it, i've read too many reports where boys have the times of their lives being surrounded by the princesses. unless he's adamant about it, I'd give it a go. plus at CRT, he should get a sword (your daughter will get a wand).

all that, I'd only really recommend CRT for the experience over the food.

hootch
03-20-2007, 07:40 PM
with my son, then 7, last summer. He seemed fine with it. As a father, I wouldn't have missed my daughter's reaction to the princesses. She was so excited to see Snow White poor Belle was almost ignored. We're going back again this summer, and again, we are having lunch at CRT.

There is no harm in trying. Last summer I waited until 90 days before we arrived relying on old information. We were able to get ADRs around noon then.

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Not sure if DS will enjoy it or not but speaking as a DH with a DD, it doesn't get any better than seeing daddys little girls eyes light up when she sees the princesses

kadesha
03-20-2007, 08:59 PM
i saw on a post above, that the little girls get a wand. Does that go for all little girls, or just ages 3 and up with an admission ticket?? I have one 2 and one 3 year old and if my 2 year old doesn't get a wand, she's gonna freak! Does anyone know?

merlinmagic4
03-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Momof2munkies,

Did you get the reservation? It's always worth a try !! People are firming up April plans now so there may be some cancellations!!

momof2munkies
03-20-2007, 10:27 PM
merlinmagic4-

There was nothing availbale for breakfast or lunch..so I went ahead and booked the Princess Storybook Lunch.

I may keep checking to see if anything opens up!

merlinmagic4
03-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Is the Princess Storybook Lunch at Epcot? Maybe I should try for that one for my DD's birthday. We were originally going into Tampa for that last day but I think we might go to Epcot instead..........

momof2munkies
03-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes, the Princess Story Book breakfast or lunch is in Epcot! It is at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and I have heard the food is good! Cinderella does not make an apperance there, but there will be 3 or 4 of the other princesses there!

Danielle:)

KAT1811
03-21-2007, 03:16 PM
As a mother of 3 DDs I say try, try, and try again. There is something SO magical about eating in Cinderella's Castle! I agree that there should be a number of cancellations. With the no show penalty many people are canceling so that they won't be charged. I'd try each morning and night (depending on how badly you want the castle) with enough determination you'll probably luck out. I would also take DH & DS with you. The castle is really cool. How often will they get to eat in a castle? Plus Prince Charming is usually on hand he can make the men feel more at home!!!

Good Luck!!!!