PDA

View Full Version : The Main Street Party-line phone?

cgriff
03-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Can any recent MK visitors confirm whether the Main Street party-line telephone in the Market House survived the recent refurb of the building there?

Thanks-so-much!
cgriff

Figment!
03-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Initial reports after the rehab hold that it was removed. :(

Unofficial details like these can come and go or change locations, so its current absence is not necessarily a sign of permanent departure.

cgriff
03-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Thank you, Figment.

Though the essence of your news does disappoint, the combination of your keen word choice and upbeat legalese is so encompassing of future hopeful possibility that I am left with the belief that indeed one day, somewhere in "the world", the Main Street party-line phone may in fact return.

Sincerely,
cgriff

Initial reports after the rehab hold that it was removed. :(

Unofficial details like these can come and go or change locations, so its current absence is not necessarily a sign of permanent departure.

Sharon1026
03-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Can any recent MK visitors confirm whether the Main Street party-line telephone in the Market House survived the recent refurb of the building there?

Thanks-so-much!
cgriff

I was wondering the same thing. I believe it will be gone. :mad:
Perhaps it is hanging out with Mr. Toads Wild Ride and 20000 Leagues under the sea...

cjb121879
03-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Thank you, Figment.

Though the essence of your news does disappoint, the combination of your keen word choice and upbeat legalese is so encompassing of future hopeful possibility that I am left with the belief that indeed one day, somewhere in "the world", the Main Street party-line phone may in fact return.

Sincerely,
cgriff

CGriff,

That was hilarious;)

smartinez1
03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I looked for this on our Sept trip to WDW. I couldn't find it then, although, I am not sure when the rehab was being done, so I don't know if it had already been moved or if I just missed it. I am disappointed, because I never did get to see or listen, and I would have really liked to have had that experience.

PirateLover
03-20-2007, 06:06 PM
This makes me :( and :mad:
I am just beginning to learn about all these neat little touches and they are all disappearing before I get to chance to check them out.
HM "ring"-Gone
Singin' In the Rain umbrella at MGM- Gone
Party line- Gone (rumor has it)

Major Bummer.

KAJUNKING
03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
HM "ring"-Gone

Major Bummer.

:ditto:

joelkfla
03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
This makes me :( and :mad:
I am just beginning to learn about all these neat little touches and they are all disappearing before I get to chance to check them out.
HM "ring"-Gone

Major Bummer.

Last I heard, the HM ring had been re-created by popular demand. But the situation could have changed since then.

Sharon1026
03-24-2007, 10:20 PM
I was there today. I stopped in the MS Market House. It's a glass shop. I didn't see the phone. I asked a CM about it and they had no clue as to what phone I was talkin about. I think it's gone.

:stitch2:

magicofdisney
03-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Thank you, Figment.

Sincerely,
cgriff
This is a great response to his response to your question. :thumbsup: