PDA

View Full Version : CS Restaurants in the monorail hotels? Can anyone recommend

5fromabove
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
a few good places? Short story: on one night we're there, the MK will close early at 6pm for MNSSHP (Halloween party). We will NOT be going to this (been there, done that). We WILL be doing the Grand Gathering cruise that starts at 7:45pm. Basically, we'll have almost 2 hours from when the MK closes to when the cruise starts (it leaves from the Contemporary). We thought maybe it would be neat to try out a counter service place in one of the monorail properties and then we can just ride it over to CR afterwards in time for the cruise. I'm thinking Grand Floridian or Poly maybe? Any ideas? THANKS in advance :)

Natazu
03-19-2007, 09:05 PM
I like GF's Gasparilla Grill over the other loop resorts. It's pretty much the same food, just more comfortable.

cinderellagrl
03-19-2007, 11:49 PM
I love Captin Cooks at the Poly, now, after the refurb, I love it even more. I personally think it is just being in the poly more than the food.

p.s.
Actually Kona Cafe, a table service, is not really that much more expensive than a counter service, and usually you can get in without a ADR

Sylvia
03-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Another :thumbsup: for Captain Cook's. I haven't been there since the remodeling, but I'm looking forward to my next visit. I hope they still have the outdoor seating area.

DisneyorBust
03-22-2007, 09:19 PM
I would go to Captain Cook's at the POLY. They have some of the usuals, burgers and chicken, and they have some unique items too. I also enjoy the more relaxed (to me) feel to the POLY and Captain Cook's.