PDA

View Full Version : The Disney Stay without Visiting Parks 3/13-3/16

hunnyluvsthemouse
03-19-2007, 01:32 PM
3/13 DH and I flew non-stop on JetBlue and arrived at MCO at 12:00 p.m. We reserved a rental car with Alamo, checked in on-line the day before, and headed right to the lot to pick out a car. (I will never stand in line again for a rental car). We drove to Downtown Disney and had a nice lunch at Planet Hollywood. We then leisurely wandered around in the shops (no kids to keep track of) and ended up at Rainforest Cafe where we enjoyed Banana Cheesecake and Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie. We rolled on back to our car to check into CSR.

We got right though the check in process and we were in Casitas Bldg. #5, ground floor room with a King bed. We were able to take a little nap. We then freshened up and rode the bus to DTD to catch a bus to the Poly for a couple of drinks in the bar. (We were still too full from lunch to eat anything). We enjoyed our drinks and atmosphere at the Poly. We caught a bus back to DTD and back to our hotel to go night night.

3/14 - Today we went to breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We thought that the Skillet breakfast was good. We walked around the Lodge and watched the workers through the fence renovating the pool. We went offsite to do a little shopping, then headed back to CS to change into our NY Yankee attire because we had tickets to watch the Yankees against the Twins at Legends Field in Tampa. With traffic, it took us almost 2 hours to arrive at the stadium. We were 9 rows from the field directly in line with 3rd base, behind the Twins dugout. I could almost reach out and touch Derek Jeter :blush: It was a great game and we headed back to our car to drive back to CS.

3/15 - Today we slept in (past 7:00 a.m. - whoo-hoo). We drove to the Boardwalk, ate lunch at the ESPN club, walked over to Y&BC and just sat on a swing on the beach enjoying the view. We then drove to AKL and watched the animals. We drove to the Poly (DH loves this hotel) to do a little shopping. We rode the Monorail over to the Contemporary - I couldn't believe it when I saw the North Tower being knocked down - it looked kinda eery. It was sad to see since we have stayed there. We did some shopping (we were on a quest to find Sarge from Cars, and we found him here - we will have one happy 3 year old when we get home.):thumbsup: We played miniature golf at Blizzard Beach on the Summer side. At night we headed back over to the Poly, watched Wishes from the beach, went up to the bar for a few drinks and headed back to CSR.

3/16 - Today it is time to head home. We arrive at airport, drop off rental car and head to the JetBlue ticket counter. The airport is a zoo. We notice on the JetBlue screen that flights to JFK have been cancelled due to a winter storm. Well, we are trying to get to Syracuse, and we are flying standby (DH is an airline pilot). We stand in line for over an hour, receive our standby tickets and head to the gate. We don't expect to get on because of the cancellations, but we sit there anyway. Well, we don't get on, so we head back to terminal ticket counter to US Airways - there line is even longer (computer glitches). So we by-pass them and head down to Delta counter. We receive stand-by tickets for a flight to Cincinnati. We are able to get on the flight and land at 7:35 p.m. We ride a bus over to terminal with flight to Syracuse that leaves at 8:00 p.m. Well, we find out that there are seats available, but there is a weight problem, so we can't get on. So we make the decision to go and rent a car and drive home. Which with weather it took us about 12 hours to get home. DH is based in Cincinnati, so he had to drive the car back today, because they didn't have any one-way rentals available.

This was a very relaxing trip and it was nice to not have a schedule and do what we wanted. We will be back in June with the kids.

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Wow, even without visiting the parks it sounds like you had a good time! Thanks for sharing your report!

pogo
03-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your report.:thumbsup: It sounds like you had a wonderfull trip. :cloud9:

Too bad about the weather making it difficult to get home.:(

Isn't it nice to travel without children !:D

DizneyFreak2002
03-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2007, 08:50 AM
So you weren't jonesing even a little to get into one of the parks?? It does sounds you had a great time relaxing together and enjoying some quality kid free time together. :mickey:

SodaPopMGK
03-20-2007, 08:59 AM
It sounds like you and your husband had a relaxing vacation. I just don't think I could be that close to Main St. and not go in and shop. :laughing:

magicman
03-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't know that I could have stood being that close & not going into the parks, but I bet knowing that you were going back in three short months helped.

It sounds like you did what I can't do and that is to relax at Disney. (I am a Disney Commando relentlessly pursuing fun.)

faline
03-20-2007, 10:45 AM
What a relaxing trip! I'm not sure I could have missed stepping foot into at least one park, though!

CarolinaWDWFan
03-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I've made a similar trip where I did not visit the parks. It was a nice change of pace and very relaxing. I am glad you had a wonderful time!

Bethis26fan
03-20-2007, 07:07 PM
aside from the weather getting home it sounds like a good time.

dtootsie42
03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Sounds like it was a great trip!

sleepingbooty
03-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Sounds fun! You guys packed so much in, there'd have been no time for the parks, anyway!

Melanie
03-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Your trip sounds like a lot of fun! :bball: :mickey3: Sorry about the ending though. :unsure:

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: