PDA

View Full Version : Autograph books

goofiecrazy
03-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Our next trip is in 08 and I want to get the kids autograph books while there so would we do better getting them from a outside store( Disney outlet or other store) and spending less or just getting them in the parks? How much does the world charge for the books each and for the big pen?We will have a rental car so going to the outlets shouldnt be a problem.

DDuck66
03-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I have not seen them in the Outlet Store but the Wal-mart in Kissimee sells them for about $3. I believe they are about $8 in the parks. I like to get the ones in the parks that allow for pictures as well as signatures. We decorate them after the trip much like a scrapbook. That way you can put a picture with each autograph and because you have different pictures, you can get the same charecter to autograph it at different locations. I am going to do my next book strictly with different pictures of my favorite, Donald Duck!!!!
:donald: :donald: :donald:

VickiP
03-19-2007, 09:01 PM
My 9-year-old just bought a small spiral notebook and then we decorated it with Disney print paper and stickers from my leftover scrapbook supply. He LOVES his new autograph book for our trip coming up in May and he is so proud of it too. It hardly cost us anything.

GiltterDisneyGirl
03-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Outlet stores are a lot better, but they mostly carry the ones you can put the pictures in, at about $4 dollers. When the normals ones at the park are $6. Depands which one you would like to get. I usely like to use post cards and can get over 10 names on it, that why you can put them in the photo album. :thumbsup:

Jasper
03-20-2007, 12:21 AM
You can certainly get a notebook and decorate the way you want to make a VERY nice souvineer that the kiddos will appreciate a long time because they helped make it. If you are not the crafty kind of person and decide to buy one and are looking mostly at price I would consider buying at home or an outlet mall.

On the other hand, if you purchase one at the parks or at your hotel gift shop you will find designs on them that you can't buy elsewhere. In other words, no place but Disney World can you buy an autograph book that says it is an official Disney World autograph book. So, what is something like that worth to you?

The bottome line?. . . Do whatever is most satisfying and what fits in the budget of your family. The only real "must' is to remember that costumed characters like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc., all need a fairly large page and fairly large writing instrument because of the padding in their gloves.

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Does anyone remember the stuffed Pluto they used to sell about 8 to 10 yrs ago. DD got one when she was little and still has it. Wonder why they don't sell these anymore?

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Sorry folks. I didn't mention It was an autograph Pluto that the characters would sign their names on

KevGuy
03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Look on Ebay, I got some for my kids with pens for like $5 ea. and they are the same as what is sold at the parks.

Mnchknbrat1982
03-23-2007, 03:53 PM
here is what I am doing: I got a scrapbook that is the kind you glue the stuff to the pages w/o the page protectors at like walmart that is 5x7 that I am going to take with me for the autographs. Afterwards I'm going to put them in an 8x8 album with the picture next to the autograph book.