PDA

View Full Version : which attraction would you bring back?

smartinez1
03-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I know this has been asked in the past, but what extinct WDW attraction would you bring back and why? For me, I would bring back Horizons, because I loved the scene with the robot in the kitchen spilling the cats milk all over the floor and the dishes piled in the sink with soap bubbles, and of course the orange smell in the desert. I would also bring back World of Motion, because I loved the scene with the kids stealing the ice from the ice truck, and I would bring back Dreamflight! An incredibly "hoakie" ride, but I don't know if it was the music, or what, but I loved it!! I think it is the nostalgia!!

Lauretta
03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
I miss Horizons!!

TexasPrincessAurora
03-19-2007, 09:40 AM
At EPCOT, I would bring back Horizons and World of Motion...and the original Journey Into Imagination.

At the Studios...the Hunchback of Notre Dame show...it was amazing.

At the MK...the Timekeeper and from way, way back The Mickey Mouse Revue.

It doesn't seem like they've really closed anything at AK yet to want anything brought back.

DDuck66
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I really miss the parade at Epcot, Tapestry of Dreams. I have the music on a CD and still love to listen to it.

ibrowse17
03-19-2007, 09:49 AM
I agree with Horizons, and would add 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.:diver:

CraniumCommando
03-19-2007, 09:50 AM
EPCOT - Horizons. (And soon I'll have to add Cranium Command :( . I hope I get to see it one more time)

MK - Diamond Horseshoe Jubilee

MGM - Monster Sound Show with Martin Short and Chevy Chase

AK- Nothing, yet.

c&d
03-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Horizons. I wish I had ridden it more times.

The skyride over the MK. I loved sitting up there and watching the goings on down below. It was a nice break, kind of like TTA but up high. It was also a great way to get across the park.

markb
03-19-2007, 10:12 AM
I'd bring back Horizons too. I never got to ride it. By our fist visit the building was already being ripped down. Hearing everyone talking about it just makes me wish I'd gotten to ride it

cubbie
03-19-2007, 10:17 AM
I would love to ride Horizons again. Also, the original Journey into Imagination was an absolutely amazing ride. I have nothing but great memories of that. I also agree with Monster Sound Show coming back. Sounds Dangerous got old the first time I experienced it. Monster Sound Show was much more entertaining, and it included audience participation, which was what MGM used to be all about. Plus, Chevy Chase's goofy ignorance and Martin Short's natural comedic presence was a blast. I wish they could change that show back.

Strmchsr
03-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I would love to see almost the entire original Futureworld of Epcot brought back in some form. I never felt World of Motion or Horizons was an less outdated than Spaceship Earth. They were educational and fun. and Journey Into Imagination was incredible with Dream Finder. Of course, The Land desperately needs to bring back Kitchen Caberet. "Veggie,veggie, fruit, fruit!"

smartinez1
03-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I had forgotten about Kitchen Cabaret, I used to love that also!!

Jared
03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
I would bring back Horizons because it is the one classic attraction I never experienced.

alwaysmickey
03-19-2007, 11:35 AM
i would love to see the electric light parade back. i agree w/ the original journey into imagination, especially the playground part of it. 20000 lgs under the sea would be at the top of the list to bring back.

445 days 22 hrs 25 min & 20 secs to the next trip!!

King Triton
03-19-2007, 12:10 PM
I finally got a chance to ride Horizons not long before it was torn down. For some reason, I just didn't get over to that part of Epcot much. (Remember, there was no M:S or TT, so the group of Energy, Horizons and Wonders of Life was pretty quiet)

Too bad there wasn't a way to keep Horizons and get rid of Wonders of Life.

LudwigVonDrake
03-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the Original Tiki Room :mickey:

Figgyluv03
03-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Of course, The Land desperately needs to bring back Kitchen Caberet. "Veggie,veggie, fruit, fruit!"

My dad still walks around the house singing that song. He was crushed when he found out it wasn't there anymore. I would also bring back Horizon's.

In MGM I wish they would make the backstage tour as long as it use to be. I don't know if it is because I am older, but it seemed like the tour was really short.

lightyearfan
03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
we agree we would also like to see Horizions back in fold at Epcot. But if we had only 1 choice it would be the Huntchback Show at MGM, this is probably the best stage performance show the WDW offerered! here's a thought maybe when WDW imagineers decide to build another theme park it could be nothing but all the extinct rides that were once adorned at all the WDW theme parks! That would be pretty kool huh

Victor

CraniumCommando
03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I had posted this idea elsewhere, but it fits here too.

I would love to see virtual versions of all the extinct rides. With technology similar to Star Tours, it wouldn't be that hard to do. You could use the space in Innoventions, or maybe the Wonders of Life, and have several ride vehicles. You could even change the rides daily, so all the vehicles would run a particular ride during one day.

Monday you could re-ride Horizons, Tuesday the World of Motion, Wednesday it's Kitchen Kabaret.

The old Disney could live on forever. :mickey:

AliceinDisney
03-19-2007, 04:14 PM
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea revamped! Althought now in Disneyland its going to be a Finding Nemo ride, which might be cute, but I miss the excitment of the sharks in the Atlantis scene, and when the Squid attacks your sub.

Also Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Im sorry but Toad Rawks! Why did they pull that one? Boooo hooo

disneydawniebeth
03-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I don' t think I would get rid of pooh to bring it back but I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

CarolinaWDWFan
03-19-2007, 05:46 PM
I really miss the parade at Epcot, Tapestry of Dreams. I have the music on a CD and still love to listen to it.

:number1: Major Ditto! I listen to my CD several times a week and it gives me chills in certain parts!

I would also bring back Horizons. I truly miss that attraction. I had heard it was dismantled and shipped to some place in Mexico. Does anyone know where?

pook@wdw
03-19-2007, 06:55 PM
I have two that should be brought back. 1st...the Skyride over MK. WHAT A VIEW!! And 2nd but most important...The Main Street Electrical Parade. IT HAS NO EQUAL! I have old photos of both and it's fun to see the past and wish it were the present. But remember...sometimes...wishes do come true!!:cloud9:

huzzah4
03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Get rid of the abomination that the Tiki Room has become and bring back the original. Barring that, I vote for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

krorx
03-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Horizons hands down!

Donald A
03-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Horizons
World of Motion
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Sharon1026
03-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Get rid of the abomination that the Tiki Room has become and bring back the original. Barring that, I vote for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Yes to both and Mr. Toads wild ride.

We need an attraction that is 100% Mickey! Not Toontown... something else.

Duchess99
03-20-2007, 12:17 AM
"Motormania is not a crime!" Definitely Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Also, Horizons, World of Motion & the original Journey Into Imagination...all classics!!

GiltterDisneyGirl
03-20-2007, 12:17 AM
:ditto:

But I would like the Tarzan show back, nemo isn't all that great.

At EPCOT, I would bring back Horizons and World of Motion...and the original Journey Into Imagination.

At the Studios...the Hunchback of Notre Dame show...it was amazing.

At the MK...the Timekeeper and from way, way back The Mickey Mouse Revue.

It doesn't seem like they've really closed anything at AK yet to want anything brought back.

xoHelloKittyox
03-20-2007, 12:21 AM
I'd have to say Mr. Toads Wild Ride just because i never got a chance to ride it.
Let me ride it once then bring pooh back! haha

but also i'd like for POTC to have never been refurbished!!!!!!! i haven't ridden it yet sinc it reopened but still. I liked it how it was!

by the way
Pirates of the Caribe: At Worlds End
May 23rd
haha sorry i'm just a tad obcessed with that series and just saw the preview today! haha

TexasPrincessAurora
03-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Amen to the original Tiki Room! After seeing it again in its original, intended by Walt himself form, in November at Disneyland it is just all the more obvious what an annoying mess the one at WDW is now. Pity to those who never got to see the original and think this is what it is meant to be! Bring back the original please!

cgriff
03-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Disney should re-open their Florida animation department, and thus revive the Disney Studios Animation Tour. It was soooo great seeing bits and pieces of both Mulan and Lilo & Stitch being worked on prior to their release!

What is Idle Prattle For?
03-20-2007, 04:12 AM
"If You Had WIngs" (hey...I'm old school ;) )
"Horizons"
"JIYI"
The Magic Shop on Main Street.
(I know...But my Dad and I *luved* the place..)

LibertyTreeGal
03-20-2007, 07:43 AM
MK -- Mr Toad
DL -- Country Bears, America Sings and 20,000 Leagues!

Since I never went to the other parks until 2004, I can't say!

13tink13
03-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I hope they bring back the cable cars:cloud9:

Tron8278
03-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd bring back the Epcot when it was called Epcot Center, and Tomorrowland of the early 1980s. I like both now, I just miss how they were. :mickey: :thumbsup:

MissT
03-21-2007, 12:56 AM
MK: skyride.
Epcot: Kitchen Cabaret

FormerCastMember
03-21-2007, 04:53 AM
For me there are three in Epcot that need to be brought back

HORIZONS...the original Journey Into Your Imagination...and Cranium Command

Magic Kingdom: Mr. Toads Wild Ride...20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Animal Kingdom: Just change the name of Dinosaur back to its original uber cool name...Countdown to Extinction

MGM: bring back Superstar Television!!! In addition to taking out that show Lights...Motor...Stupid (quoted from Len Testa & Matt Hachberg from the WDW Today podcast) bring back all the houses that made the Backlot Tour the great tour that it was

jefmblrd
03-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Horizons would be my first choice because it was a classis Disney ride that my family and I loved. It was always fun to see which of the three endings we would pick. I always loved the underwater one, but also the space as well. I'm still sad that it is gone.

I'd also bring back the original Imagination ride. It, too, was a classic; it had a great message, great music, and just was a lot of fun.

Those would be my two top choices, but I'd also love so see 20,000 Leagues and the Electrical Light parade.

This isn't an attraction, but I'd love to see the shops on Main Street and around much of Disney go back to the way they were-different from one another. It seems like you just see the same or similar merchandise in so many of the stores now.