PDA

View Full Version : Problems with music

PhilHarHarMagic
03-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Biggest disappoinment for my DW and DS this week were audio problems. Soarin' had a very bad twitter in the upper right (I blocked it from my mind and pretended I was listening to the soundtrack at home - nothing was going to block me from my enjoyment).

Even worse was the music that usually plays as you walk down Main Street - we were there for two morning openings, and both times they were playing "non-traditional" songs more loudly, and as you walked to the end of the street, there was no music at all. Part of our enjoyment walking along Main Street is the music - ("Fortuosity" is my favorite - where else can you hear that???). Anyone know if there are chages in the way they are doing the music now?

Lauretta
03-18-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't know about any changes but I would have been upset if that happened to me as well!!:mad:

WEDTOPIA
03-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Even worse was the music that usually plays as you walk down Main Street - we were there for two morning openings, and both times they were playing "non-traditional" songs more loudly, and as you walked to the end of the street, there was no music at all.

Wow ! I hope this is an abberation. My last trip in October they were playing all the good stuff. What's funny is ,I've been sitting here listening to Mouse House Radio play loops of Main Street and thinking how great it would be to hear them live at the Magic Kingdom .It definately adds to the flavor of the place when you hear the old late 19th and early 20th century ditties as you're strolling down the boulevard.

What were the " non-traditional songs they were playing ?

:mickey:

PhilHarHarMagic
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
It was the special "open" music - including Zip-a-de-doo-dah, etc. I didn't notice it so much until there was nothing. I'll go back to the video tape and check it out.

mickey98
03-18-2007, 11:01 PM
It seems like everytime we go on R.R. the music is out.. The C.M.'s dont even know that it is out until you mention it to them !!!!!!!!!!!

DizneyRox
03-19-2007, 10:13 AM
It seems like everytime we go on R.R. the music is out.. The C.M.'s dont even know that it is out until you mention it to them !!!!!!!!!!!
Well, considering that most of the CMs are hearing it day in and day out, they have the uncanny ability to tune out the BGM.

mcjaco
03-19-2007, 11:09 AM
("Fortuosity" is my favorite - where else can you hear that???).

I thought Fortuosity was one of the entrance songs to Epcot, not MK. :confused:

Jared
03-19-2007, 11:13 AM
In January, the entrance music at Magic Kingdom was normal. The soundtrack along Main Street, U.S.A., has barely changed in 35 years. I'm sure you just heard an unusual selection.

ILoveLegos
03-19-2007, 11:24 AM
In January, I distincly remember entering Epcot and not hearing any music. I remarked to my mom - how strange that was and she aggreed. Then as we strolled in a little further it kicked in, it was early in the morning - but not that early! It is funny how the music really adds to the experience.
In like manner, we entered Magic Kingdom during that same visit. It was an early open morning and we had an 8:05 ressie @ Crystal Palace so after a cute character greet - cat from Aristocats (I think) and/or Pinnochio (Took pictures anyway even if I had no idea who they were). I'm not sure that the music was playing as we walked down mainstreet but it was pristine clean and the absolute earliest I've ever entered the gates! Yep, the music makes a big difference. :number1:

MickeysBestPal
03-19-2007, 04:42 PM

It is DEFINATELY at MK.

It is DEFINITELY at MK.

I have the tracks here, and that's one of them.

Its from "Happiest Millionaire" starring Fred MacMurray... not exactly a "futuristic" film.

;)

MickeysBestPal
03-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Part of our enjoyment walking along Main Street is the music - ("Fortuosity" is my favorite - where else can you hear that???).

Well, since you asked....

As you undoubtedly know, its from "Happiest Millionaire" starring Fred MacMurray and Tommy Steele...
and I have the "roadshow" edition of that film on DVD.

It features "Fortuosity" in the instrumental Overture and Entr’acte, as well as, of course, its being sung in the film itself.

mcjaco
03-20-2007, 10:31 AM
It is DEFINATELY at MK.

It is DEFINITELY at MK.

Its from "Happiest Millionaire" starring Fred MacMurray... not exactly a "futuristic" film.

;)

You are correct. I have a download that someone misnamed, thus my confusion. ;)

JPL
03-20-2007, 11:28 AM
In December I was treated to the silent version of PhilharMagic. Atleast for the first half of the show then the sound came on about 3/4 of the way through.

We actually found it quite amusing and you could hear all the effects kicking in like the fans :thumbsup: