PDA

View Full Version : California Grill and the Dining Plan

jefmblrd
03-18-2007, 04:14 PM
I just read on another website that the California Grill costs 2 table service credits per person to eat there.

I have two questions:

1. Is this true?

2. If so, is it worth it?

SBETigg
03-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes, it's true. The California Grill is a signature dining experience. The signature dining costs two TS credits per person. I think the signature dining is usually far above the regular dining experiences in food quality, service, and atmosphere and generally worth it. Well worth it. But that's up to you. If you don't enjoy fine dining and would be just as happy with two TS meals instead of one finer TS meal experience, then it is not worth it for you.

Fans of fine dining will generally say "Yes! Worth it!" But there are people who break it down to dollar value and say it is worth it only if you are spending more than X dollars per meal. I don't reason it out that way. I just know where I want to eat and decide if it is worth it to me.

Bruegge
03-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Worth it....

As I've posted a couple of times if you have ever said "Boy, do you remeber that great restaurant we ate at in Disney last year"(or other vacation, perish the thought) .

Or, that (blank) I got was the best (blank) I ever had ..."blank" being a dinner, dessert or special drink item.

If the answer is yes...
You are doing yourself and your family an injustice by not allowing them to "try" Signature dining"

Now with the DDP it's even easier. Once you decide to do it You can go and get something great, expensive and (if you will) Magical.

If not, eat a CS or 1TS and ride another ride or two.

To me (and thank God the DW too.) the Signature dining at Disney is as much of an attraction as space mountain.

It's an escape from the park craze and a chance to wind down and enjoy a wonderful meal with the Family while on vacation.

I book 2-3 Sigs every trip..

Worth it is up to YOU to decide,

but you won't find me at a Wendy's out on International Drive.....

thats why I'm on Vacation.

If you try it.. let us know what you thought

Scott

Bruegge
03-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Also,

The Magic numbers if your really try to save a dollar -vs- just enjoying a great dining experience is:

Dinner TS credit is really worth $24.50 (thank JYM for the $cost info)
so to "break even" at California grill...(nice choice btw) you need to get an Entree , App, and Dessert... that totals $49.00 HOLD on tip is included.. 18% I believe..

So...(doing the math) 41blah times 18% blah blagh carry the 3 minus the 8 divde by 5 plus...

GRAND TOTAL $41.53 in food (assuming 18% tip) will break even at $49.00

DW, Me and DD4 spent $200.00 in 2002 we did have a couple glasses of wine each...

Scott

wifey5794
03-18-2007, 11:27 PM
It is worth the 2 ts's!!!! By far one of our best meals we do every visit at WDW. Even if we aren't on the dining plan. The serv ice, the food, the dessert, the atmosphere. It is the most relaxing time of our trip. Even our kids enjoy it and request to eat there EVERY trip!! Except for the wine it is well worth the 2 ts's (versus 2 at CRT). Just look at the menu and add up what you would order if you were paying OOP.
Just my opinion!:thumbsup:

Crow
03-19-2007, 12:02 AM
i hope so
i made an ADR for my first visit to CA Grill. on the dining plan...so its a first for both.

Natazu
03-19-2007, 01:28 AM
I book 2-3 Sigs every trip..
Lightweight. ;)

Figment!
03-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I just read on another website that the California Grill costs 2 table service credits per person to eat there.

I have two questions:

1. Is this true? No need to read other sites, this information can be found on INTERCOT. :mickey:

Signature Dining & Dinner Shows (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp#07Signature_Dining)

See also the Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180) for all of your Dining Plan related info.

jefmblrd
03-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for all of the help everyone, we just booked the California Grill for our next trip and during the fireworks as well, so that should make it even better.

Thanks again.

Bruegge
03-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Lightweight. ;)

LOL

After reading your "pics" for favorite restaurants... we have a lot in common

Can't get the DW to do Vicky's ... she doesn't want to get a babysitter on "family vacation"

I bet it was great CT at V&A..

Just a quick story, we were at the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island (the 5 star dining room) and the Waiter come over between courses and said:

"THe Sommieeler (sp) has picked a 25 Year Old Tawy Port to enjoy between courses......

I said..... "Tawny Ports here... I saw her dance up in Atlanta...

He laughted so hard he had to walk away...

I love fine dining

Just don't take it too seriously

scott

SurferStitch
03-19-2007, 01:10 PM
LOL
"THe Sommieeler (sp) has picked a 25 Year Old Tawy Port to enjoy between courses......

I love fine dining

scott

You sound eerily like my DH.:thumbsup:

We also love fine dining, and we always have a lot of fun doing it. We love country music, NASCAR, and a good old fashioned pig roast, but we're just as comfortable at V&A, Cali Grill or Narcoossee's. God bless America!

Oh yeah....I also think Cali Grill is worth the 2 TS credits. Glad to see the OP booked it!

magicman
03-19-2007, 02:27 PM
You will be pleased with the magical moment that the fireworks from the Cali Grill provide. It is a very unique perspective.

Also, you can view (at a greater distance) the EPCOT fireworks from the other terrace on the other side of the restaraunt.

Enjoy...I'm jealous:envy:

Natazu
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
LOL

After reading your "pics" for favorite restaurants... we have a lot in common

Can't get the DW to do Vicky's ... she doesn't want to get a babysitter on "family vacation"

I bet it was great CT at V&A..

Just a quick story, we were at the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island (the 5 star dining room) and the Waiter come over between courses and said:

I love fine dining

scott

agreed on both points. At Vicky's chef's table, when Chef Hunnel asks what everyone's in the mood for first, try this one: "well, we were at that Mickey's BBQ thing last night and they had some franks n beans that were really good... can you make that?". He took away my wine.

Bruegge
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
agreed on both points. At Vicky's chef's table, when Chef Hunnel asks what everyone's in the mood for first, try this one: "well, we were at that Mickey's BBQ thing last night and they had some franks n beans that were really good... can you make that?". He took away my wine.

LMAO...

If all else fails a career in standup is a distinct posibility

Scott
"he took my wine away" ...lol

SBETigg
03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
LOL

scott

If you liked Tawny, you should meet her sister Ruby. :cool: