PDA

View Full Version : Concourse Steak House

dtootsie42
03-18-2007, 02:13 PM
My husband is a member on another board. Members on that board have been saying that the Concourse Steak house is going to be closing permanently, instead of being renovated! Is there any truth to this rumor??? Thanks!

KarenP
03-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I have not heard this. I sure hope it's not true!

Soul_Power
03-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh noo! I hope this isn't true! The Concourse Steak House is on my boyfriend and my itinerary! :pout: Does anyone know if there's truth behind this?

Natazu
03-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I couldn't imagine that is anything but rumor. I'm sure Jason will be along soon. He'll have the 411.

wdwnomad
03-18-2007, 09:12 PM
The rumor is that they are going to redo the whole concourse area at the Contemporary. They are going to move the Food and Fun Center from it's current location (or maybe just the arcade part) to the Fantasia Gift Shop. I believe this part is already underway. The gift shop would be moved into the concourse. The Concourse Steakhouse (or whatever the new incarnation would be) would relocate to where the Food and Fun Center is now. Chef Mickey's would expand and take over the current space occupied by the Concourse Steakhouse.

All of this is just the rumor that is going around and nothing has been confirmed or announced. In fact, the rumor has been around for quite some time. I remember last year when booking my ADR's for my September 2006 trip that we might not be able to eat at the Concourse Steakhouse because it might be closed/undergoing refurishment.

Figment!
03-18-2007, 10:42 PM
wdwnomad pretty much covered it.

The long term planned (really are more than rumours, albeit non-announced) changes to the Grand Concourse level are as follows:
Contemporary Games replaces the Fantasia Shop (Underway).
Concourse Shops are remodeled and absorb most of the former Fantasia Shop offerings. (Underway, but no recent major work)
Food and Fun Center replaces Concourse Steakhouse location (possibly being renamed Chef Mickey Express).
Concourse Steakhouse re-opens in the former Food and Fun Center location with a new name.The food court will likely take precedent to be continually open during the conversion, so the steakhouse will likely be closed for a period of time--but current plans hold for it to re-open on the first floor of the resort.

pox24
03-19-2007, 04:45 PM
wdwnomad is 1000% correct.

KylesMom
03-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Has there been any discussion on what will happen to The Outer Rim lounge? It would seem kind of out of place if surrounded by CR food court area & arcade . . .

luvdiznee
03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Sorry if I missed something, but where is the Concourse (or where will it be in May)? Sounds like maybe work isnt quite started? Thanks! :mickey:

dtootsie42
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info...I'll pass it on to Hubby!

Dec. 97-Contemporary
Dec. 99-Poly
2000-Disneyland
Dec. 2001-Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003-Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005-Poly Concierge
Upcoming trip
Dec. 2007-Poly Concierge

Wells
03-20-2007, 09:40 AM
As odd as it may seem... Their are no refurbishment plans for the Outer Rim at this time, it will remain at it's current location.

Goofy Dad 13
03-21-2007, 03:53 PM
of when the steakhouse would be closed? We have an ADR for August, and if it closes, could be difficult to find an alternate if they do not give alot of notice.