PDA

View Full Version : *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 5

Christine
03-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Saturday March 17th

me, 35
DH, 37
DD, 7
DFIL and his fiance, Bonnie (staying at an RV park offsite)

Animal Kingdom and DTD Marketplace

Have you ever heard the expression "broke 'you-know-what' dog?" Well, that is me right now! To add to my tooth and gallbladder situation, my back went out today! I don't know what happened (probably from riding Goofy Barnstormer yesterday! I knew I shouldn't have done it! ;) ) but it was completely out...when I moved my head it took my breath away. So I called DFIL and asked him to go get me a back brace and some ibuprofen. He did, and I eventually got good enough to go.

The delay caused us to not go to Celebration today, so we are going tomorrow. We got to AK around noon, and did ITTBAB first thing with no wait. Everyone loved it! DFIL jumped a mile when the hornets attacked!

Then DFIL and DH used FP's to do E:E. They loved it, and DFIL was blown away!!! I have never seen him smile as much as he has this week, in all the 13 years I have known him! While we were there waiting for them to get off the ride, a CM talked to my DD and asked her some trivia about WDW. She answered them all correctly, so the CM gave her a Dream certificate!

We had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ (I had chicken, no skin, no sauce...BORING but safe as I had no stabbing pain immediately afterwards!) Then we did Dinoland. DH and DFIL did Primeval Whirl, and when I asked DFIL if he liked it he said, "I don't know" and was rubbing his stomach. I imagine that thing is brutal! We played a carnival game (check out the highlight of the day!) and then saw a line for Nemo the Musical, so we got in it.

We saw Finding Nemo the Musical. That is all I care to say about that.

We needed a reward after sitting through Nemo, so we went to Africa and had a root beer float. Then we used our FPs for the safari. By this time the park was closing, so we headed home. We hopped a bus to DTD and had some dinner, then I FINALLY got to shop! Boy, did I make up for lost time! I think some of that shopping mania must have come from my toes! ;)

I closed the Marketplace down, and just dragged in from the bus stop. I am going to soak in a hot bath and try to work the kinks out of my back. As much as I hurt though, being here broken is still better than a good day at home!

**Highlight of the day-- Beating DH at the whack a pac carnival game in AK! For years, he has never beaten me at this, and he is not a good loser! Losing to me again (mind you, I am swinging a mallet with a messed up back to boot!) was just too much for him and too funny for me!

**Funniest moment of the day-- when DH asked me if I had a gun I could spare during Finding Nemo the Musical. I told him that if I did, would I still be sitting there alive watching it??

**Purchases--WAY too many to list today! Tshirts for all three of us, paper and pens, a few pins (2007, St. Patrick's Day) and a lanyard for 2007 (we collect lanyard-full of pins a year), a new tshirt and plush toy for my puppy, some goodies for my friend who is home babysitting my puppy (but I won't say what b/c she is reading these!), and some other random goodies.

**Plan for tomorrow-- Tour Celebration late in the morning, nap/swim in the afternoon, and MK EMH til 2am!

Photos: Click Here (http://community.webshots.com/album/558224825cmTZYR)

Fairy Grandmother
03-18-2007, 05:57 AM
I have enjoyed reading your reports and looking at your pictures. Thank you for sharing your trip "live" with us. :thumbsup:
I hope your back feels better tomorrow :pixie: and the rest of your trip is magical :magic:.

Caroleh
03-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Here's some pixie dust :pixie: for your back. Hope your feeling better today.

I've really enjoyed reading your reports and looking at the pictures. Thank you for sharing!!!

Maleficent's Dad
03-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Sorry about your back - great pics though!
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

We saw Finding Nemo the Musical. That is all I care to say about that.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I've only heard good things about this show.
Sorry to hear it wasn't to your liking. :unsure:

CanadianWDWFan
03-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks for sharing your day with us. :thumbsup:

Broken back and all you still get a full day in.

Bethis26fan
03-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Sounds like a great time.

pdrlkr
03-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Christine
03-18-2007, 10:39 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I've only heard good things about this show.
Sorry to hear it wasn't to your liking. :unsure:

No biggie. As WDWacky once told me, that is why there are 31 flavors!

Mickey'sGirl
03-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Another great day -- even with your back out!! ITTBAB is a huge hit in our family too -- your FinL is such a sport!! I'm glad you finally got some shopping in! :mickey:

Here we go again...
03-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your back, but I am glad to see that it did not ruin your day.
Thanks for the report! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
03-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Another grand day replete with a sprinkling of Pixie Dust for your DD!

Glad to see that you finally had time for shopping! :number1:

Question: where do you find all your energy? You're posting at 12:43 am and will be up today until 2:00 am? How? Is it massive doses of :coffee: ? Please share the secret! (Or is it just because I'm :old: that I can't do that anymore?)

Bethanymouse
03-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks so much for sharing. I am so sorry to hear about your back but you are right- better to be there broken than not at all! I loved checking out the pics and seeing all of the scenery! Sorry to hear you didnt enjoy nemo- we havent seen it yet! Cant wait to read more!:mickey:

faline
03-18-2007, 05:04 PM
I thought Nemo was a bit longer than I expected but I did enjoy the show. On the other hand, many folks liked the Tarzan show that was previously in this location and that is one show I did not like at all! Sorry you didn't care for it.

Well, you finally got your shopping in! :thumbsup:

SodaPopMGK
03-18-2007, 07:13 PM
It sounds like you a great day! I hope you are feeling better, thanks for sharing.

pogo
03-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Wonderfull report Christine. :thumbsup: I'm sorry you didn't care for Nemo. We've heard good things about this show and we are looking forward to seeing it in about four and a half weeks even though we really liked Tarzan Rocks.

Please go shopping some more so Patti won't have anything to buy this time.;)

I hope your back holds out for MK today. :D

mudpuppysmom
03-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Despite your back troubles, another great day!!

You know, we all seem to say what troopers the kids are when they are ill, or tired......but you are a trooper too!!! Bad back or not, you are enjoying your vacation!!

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Wow! Sorry about your bad back.. you sure didn't need anything else to add to your list of body woes... but like you said.. better to have a bad back at Disney than a bad back at home! Hmmm.. maybe if you rode another coaster it would jar your back back into place? ;) Hope you recover quick! Great pics again!

Nascfan
03-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Christine, I'm so sorry to hear about your back! Just one more thing added to "the list".
Glad you got some shopping in. ;)

offwego
03-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Christine sorry about your back. I hope it gets better soon.

Once again your pics are amazing. How are you finding the time of all this.

Sorry the nemo show wasn't your thing. We skipped it last time cause the line was two hours looking long and in the bright sun. Perhaps I shouldn't be adding it back in after all?

DizneyFreak2002
03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

DizNee143
03-21-2007, 11:27 AM
sounds like another good day...of course except that your back went out...i really hope you start feeling better with everything soon!! :mickey: