PDA

View Full Version : Best thing to order at Main Street Bakeshop?

AliceinDisney
03-17-2007, 04:03 PM
I in all the 22 times I've been to Disney always bypass this place, and I hear its a hidden gem! Please recommend the best things on the menu. I thought the cinnamon muffin sounded amazing! But are there any other great things there anyone would reccomend for when I go this summer?

goofiecrazy
03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Dont feel bad we have never been in there either..I have been to the bakery over at the Boardwalk a few times to the carrot cake log that is soooooo good.

snowflakegirl
03-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the chocolate croissants.

BronxTigger
03-17-2007, 05:10 PM
The Toll House Ice Cream Sandwiches!

They take two large, freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies, and put about 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in between. YUM!!

TexasPrincessAurora
03-17-2007, 05:17 PM
For breakfast they have this amazing French toast loaf thing...yum! I've never had anything here that wasn't delicious!

Mousehead35
03-17-2007, 05:27 PM
In all my trips I also have never visited this shop, but reading about all these goodies is making want to run right over there as soon as I get into the MK!:eat:

AliceinDisney
03-17-2007, 06:22 PM
I have a sweet tooth too. The Cinnamon muffin sounds up my alley

Maleficent's Dad
03-17-2007, 06:41 PM
I in all the 22 times I've been to Disney always bypass this place, and I hear its a hidden gem!
Wow!!! :faint:
The Main Street Bakeshop is legendary! They used to have the best cookies on earth - "Snickerdoodles." Wow were these things good. DW and I would allocate an entire day's worth of calories for these things. Of course at the time, there wasn't a queue just to get in the place... :cry: :shake: :cry:

They take two large, freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies, and put about 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in between. YUM!!
Nowadays, this snack described above is the best they offer - and they offer some pretty darned good things!
It's not on the menu and you have to know to order it. So good - much better than the frozen variety sold in the carts around the world. These are made fresh! :tasty:

Crow
03-17-2007, 08:23 PM
never had anything there either in my trips, but i may have to use a snack credit

Bringonthemouse!
03-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I thought the cinnamon muffin sounded amazing!
Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my chin!

The cinnimon buns are yummy yum yum yummy!!!:eat:
That's all I can give advice on, I couldn't bring myself to order anything different!:blush:

Jeff
03-17-2007, 09:01 PM
French Toast Loaf is my favorite - but you really can't go wrong here.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
03-18-2007, 12:21 PM
This is a question I can really sink my teeth into. :eat:

I love the Apple Charlotte. It's everything you love about apple pie combined with nuts (I think pecans or walnuts) and a lovely pastry. It's like nothing I've ever had before but it's the one thing that I always have to get. In fact, I make it a point to get one on the way out of the park after seeing Wishes so that I can have it for breakfast the next morning. DS will invariably get a Mickey chocolate bundt cake or a chocolate croissant.

AliceinDisney
03-18-2007, 12:52 PM
I need bigger pants already people, just from having this convo hahaha. At least you have an excuse at Disney cause you're walking a lot , burning lots of calories, and its okay to have that five hundred calorie muffin !

Natazu
03-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I love the fresh Toll House chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. That's right... fresh!

jedigrrrl
03-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Wow!!! :faint:
The Main Street Bakeshop is legendary! They used to have the best cookies on earth - "Snickerdoodles." Wow were these things good. DW and I would allocate an entire day's worth of calories for these things. Of course at the time, there wasn't a queue just to get in the place... :cry: :shake: :cry:

Nowadays, this snack described above is the best they offer - and they offer some pretty darned good things!
It's not on the menu and you have to know to order it. So good - much better than the frozen variety sold in the carts around the world. These are made fresh! :tasty:

OMG I had forgotten about that cookie window!! We got a huge tin of cookies every year my god mother took us in the summer!! YUMMM!!!

mrsgaribaldi
03-18-2007, 10:35 PM
This is a question I can really sink my teeth into. :eat:

I love the Apple Charlotte. It's everything you love about apple pie combined with nuts (I think pecans or walnuts) and a lovely pastry. It's like nothing I've ever had before but it's the one thing that I always have to get. In fact, I make it a point to get one on the way out of the park after seeing Wishes so that I can have it for breakfast the next morning.

My favorite, I do the same thing:thumbsup:

French Toast Loaf is my favorite - but you really can't go wrong here.:thumbsup:

I had this once and it was incredible:thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
03-18-2007, 11:09 PM
We've been in there, but I have only ever purchased rice krispie treats and candy (DS never makes it to the "goodie" case:D He just sees SUGAR and picks everything up until I steer him to the cashier!!!

And, now -- so much for the 9 lbs I lost recently......I guess I better work really hard in the coming weeks so I can indulge when we go in May!;)

LibertyTreeGal
03-19-2007, 08:22 AM
French Toast Loaf for sure :cloud9:

LeeAnn
03-19-2007, 10:44 AM
What in the French Toast Loaf?
How big is it?
Any pic of it?

awaggett
03-19-2007, 11:55 AM
We hit the bakery a couple of times during our last visit--it was a great spot to get hot chocolate along with awesome treats--I'd definitely recommend the bananna bread pudding and the chocolat bundt cake!

Tinkerfreak
03-19-2007, 12:13 PM
OK my bdonkidonk butt is getting bigger with each post. I have never tried any bakery items here we never seem to get past the candy. However my upcoming trip at the end of April is a kidfree trip so DH and I will have to try at least one of these items. The french toast thing sounds sooooo goooood!!!! And of course you always burn off whatever you eat with all that walking around (that's my story and I'm stickin to it)!

Belle_0717
03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
You MUST get the toll house chocolate chip cookie. My DH has to make it is first and last stop on every trip. He even takes a doggie bag with him for the flight home! Don't snub your nose at the oatmeal raisin - very yummy! A frozen latte cools you down on a hot day.

I remember the days of the ice cream cookie sandwich window! I miss that.:cloud9:

disneykat
03-19-2007, 02:24 PM
We love to watch Wishes from just outside the bakery then quickly make our way inside after the show is over. I've never had anything that wasn't outstanding. I love the HUGE cinnamon rolls that they have. They have a chocolate cake with icing that' great too. By ducking in here, we have a great place to sit and relax while the mass exodous takes place. Usually after 30-40 minutes it's easy to get up and walk right out with little to no waiting for a bus. This has become a tradition, especially on our very last night at MK. I heard they recently added more seating which was desperately needed. I can't wait to go back in September!:mickey:

Jared
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM

I look forward to these things all year. Though you could just buy prepackaged Chipwiches and similar treats, there is nothing better than this particular dessert at the Main Street Bakeshop. They are unbelievable.

KAT1811
03-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Nothing better than one of Main Street Bakery's cinnamon rolls first thing in the morning. :walk: (That way I have all afternoon to work it off before my dinner indulgence!)

Hmmmm :plot: this French Toast Loaf thing sounds very tempting!!!

AliceinDisney
03-19-2007, 04:29 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMM! My bf has even more of a sweet tooth than I do! He's going to go ga ga in there. Mmmm! hahaha

Im leaning torward having an Apple Charlotte a Cinnamon muffin, and a chocolate bundt cake, and one of those legendary cookies! haha

wildernesslady
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
We were just there last week. The banana bread pudding was great. I forgot all about the ice cream cookie sandwiches. I guess we have to go back.

Magic Smiles
03-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I love the Apple Charlotte. It's everything you love about apple pie combined with nuts (I think pecans or walnuts) and a lovely pastry. It's like nothing I've ever had before but it's the one thing that I always have to get.

That must have been what I ordered last trip during a rain storm. I had a scope of vanilla ice cream on it also. It was simply amazing! It was the only time we had ordered at the bakery, but will definitely be going back next trip.