PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo Vs. La Nouba

angedeaile
03-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Now I know these two are complete opposite types of shows and are hard to compare, but I need to decide on one or the other to see on my upcoming trip due to finances.

Hoop Dee Doo includes food, so that is a plus. It is also $20+ cheaper per person than La Nouba.
But what I want to know is, is the show that funny and the food that good that it is worth paying close to 60 bucks a person?

Now, La Nouba is quite pricy, but it is a Cirque Du Soleil show, which are world renown. However, if you don't want to end up paying 120 dollars, the seats seem pretty far.

For those that have seen the show, is it worth the 80 dollars for back row seats?

If you had to pick one over the other…which would you do?

Also, to those who have been to one or both, anything I should know about these shows? Tips, seating suggestions, etc.? Anything that might help me make up my mind, since it is hard to pick one very different type of show over the other.

EDIT: It will be me, my DBF and my DLB-10yr

WDWfanatic742
03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I've only seen La Nouba, and it was really cool to see. About the seating, there really isn't a bad seat in the house, plus there are some things that happen in the air (pretty sure there are anyway) so it's really annoying to be looking straight up from the front rows.

mouseketeer mom
03-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh my gosh. You can't compare. Hoop De Doo is a dinner show, and its fun, happy, a good time. La Nouba is an experience. Go for it. We saw our first cirque at Disney, and have since seen 4 more here in the tri state area. Its awesome, you can't compare it to another show. The performers are almost super human. Its beautiful, breathtaking, a moving, amazing experience. !

JMTStone
03-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Although La Nouba is cool for everyone, I would consider Hoop if you have kids or kid-like people (DH)and La Nouba if you want an experience (some of which may be lost on little ones)

cgriff
03-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Want FOOD with your show? Do the HOOP.

cgriff

:eat:

DizneyFreak2002
03-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I say Hoop Dee Doo!!!!!

pogo
03-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Hoop dee Doo if you have kids, La Nouba if you don't ! :D

Here we go again...
03-20-2007, 03:33 AM
I love both of these shows and have seen them both many times.

I chose Hoop Dee Doo because it is Disney! It is funny for everyone in the family, not just the adults. The food is very good and nothing beats a Disney dinner show.

KevGuy
03-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I would do Hoop dee Doo especially if you have younger kids (less than 14 yrs old) they would enjoy that much more I think. And as a bonus for the adults at Hoop dee Doo they also have free beer!!:number1:

Clotho
03-23-2007, 03:39 PM
We have been to many Cirque shows--we are big fans. We went to Hoop De Doo on our trip to WDW. So we have experience with both.

We would totally do HHD again! We loved it! And while we like to make a point to see La Nouba some time, we can see Cirque du Soleil in so many other places--even our own town. But we can only have that Disney Magic at Disney!!

I would do HHD!:party:

Kristi Kay
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Do La Nouba...it's a great experience....and there are no bad seats in the house!

jillluvsdisney
03-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Having done both, I would go see La Nouba in a heart beat again and take a pass on Hoop de DOO.

HDD was ok..kind of corny and the food was good but nothing great. I think it's over priced.

LA Nouba just took my breath away. Just when I thought I could not be more amazed, the next act was even more spectacular.:thumbsup:

Crow
03-24-2007, 08:04 PM
La Nouba:walk: :rope: :diver: :strong:
seen it 3 times and its great. havent done HDD and its not really high on my list. mayb someday.
LN is an experience, good seats all around

wendy*darling
03-25-2007, 09:31 AM
We have done both, each more than once.
We love each of them and recommend both to our friends.

If the financial thing is a primary concern, remember that if you choose the higher priced LaNouba, you still have to buy dinner, making that evening even more expensive.

HDD has good, fun food and the show is totally fun as well. Before I saw HDD the first time I was skeptical. I do not like country music, or that sort of thing- so I thought I wouldn't like this show either. But I love HDD! It's a good time for all ages. My boys liked it when they were 3 & 6 and enjoyed it again when they were 13 & 16. We took my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary- they had a blast. We are taking our Boy Scout Troop this summer too!

Any Cirque show, including LaNouba is fantastic. And I think your 10 yr old, as well as the 2 of you, will love it too. Any seat in the house is worth the money.

But if finances are tight- I'd go with dinner and a show for less money than the show alone. And it will give you another reason to return! :mickey:

rsumrall
03-29-2007, 01:04 PM
This is really tough!!! We've done both and thoroughly enjoyed both. HDD will be the more economical and the more "Disney" of the two. LaNouba is phenomenal and you need to experience it at some point in time. I echo what others have said - there is no bad seat in the house and sitting back is actually better for seeing what is going on up high. Flip a coin and smile, because, whether it's heads or tails, you're going to have a fabulous time!

PECOS BILL
03-29-2007, 01:25 PM
It took my wife and I many discussions with folks that went to Cirque to finally get us to go and see it for ourselves.
It was awesome. Loved it so much that we took our teenaged boys and they loved it too.
The choice between the two just can't be made by me. I love them both though the Hoop is Classic Disney entertainment that we think should not be missed.

princessjojo
03-29-2007, 01:48 PM
OMG!!! La Nouba is the bomb. And you don't have to have the expensive seats either. We had the seats in Cat. 2 and they were wonderful. Our 2 DS, 8 & 6 at the time were mesmorized by the show. The younger one didn't move the entire show. They haven't been that still their entire lives.
Now that I can start planning our next trip, we are actually going to do both shows because I can't decide between the two. Good luck to you choosing. I am interested to seeing what others have to say as well.

mini
04-01-2007, 06:13 PM
No contest! LaNouba is the best show I have ever seen! I don't know how to describe it,but it was wonderful !!! Worth every penny.We have seen it twice and I hope to see it again one day. As to your question about the seating.The theatre was built with this show in mind and there is not a bad seat in the house.I have also seen HoopDe Do and while it was a fun show I would not spend the money to see it again.

comicguy
04-01-2007, 07:25 PM
They are both great for their own reasons. Anyway I polled the family here and it was tough but LaNouba won by a slight margin

LoriMistress
04-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey, DINSEYFREAK2002!!! I love Kevin Smith movies...love your movie quote.

HndrdPrcnt
04-01-2007, 09:50 PM
I am a HUGE HDD fan. We were just there with folks of all ages 5 - 40+ (including teens) and every one of us loved it. Great food, great show & great fun!! Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

AwPhooey
04-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd go with La Nouba. I've been to HDDMR twice and I love the show and food, but I've never seen La Nouba.

Of course, having never seen La Nouba, I don't know if it would be my choice between the two. I guess I'll have to go someday so I can find out! :mickey:

RAIDER
04-03-2007, 02:44 PM
La Nouba .... sorry cant see how Hoop de Doo can even be mentioned in the same breath ..

La Nouba is breathtaking and in a class of its own :thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
It's a tough call. La Nouba is a spectacle but it is pricey. We've seen all of the CirqueDS shows in Las Vegas. La Nouba definitely has some younger people focused acts.

BellewanaB
04-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Have you seen Illuminations? Do you like the kind of musical expereince? If yes, you need to see La Nouba. You'll probably get hooked on Cirque as many of us have. The seats in the back still let you see A LOT. Another option is to wait until a traveling show comes your way and the seats a a tad more affordable.
FYI, it's a SHORT show- only 45 minutes! That's the only thing I was peeved about when I spent over $100 for my seat.
HDDR is great if you ever done a dinner show before and enjoyed it. May be eaten at the 50's Prime Time or Whipsering Canyon and had a spunky server...add music and voila! If that's up your alley then do the HDDR.

Isn't it refreshing that it's a win/win either way?

Goes4FastPass
04-03-2007, 06:10 PM
If La Nouba is currently 45 minutes then it's been shortened considerably since it's opening.

I consider myself a Cirque 'fan' and I did see La Nouba but, depending on your length of stay, I think there are so many wonderful things to do at Walt Disney World - things that are already included in those hopper, water parks and more room keys in my pocket, it seems La Nouba - especially if it's 45 minutes would be cut-able.

If Cirque du Soleil periodically comes to within easy driving distance of your home you could attend a peformance as a completely special occasion, apart from your WDW vacation.