PDA

View Full Version : Best Places for Chocolate?

zeller
03-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Someone started a thread about getting something chocolate for his wife for their anniversary. I'm changing the question a little.

What are the best places for a chocolate fix?

Some ideas to get us going:
1. Chocolate croissants at the Fountainview bakery in Epcot.
2. Germany in Epcot
3. Ghiradellis in DTD (though I am not a big fan of theirs, I know others are)

Anyone remember the "chocolate pave" dessert they used to have at Ohana's? I loved that! I was so upset they didn't have it last time we went. For that matter, the meal changed as well. Not sure we'll go back, to be honest.

But focus on CHOCOLATE!

D.

mudpuppysmom
03-15-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm going to stick with my answer from the other thread.......Mickey head brownies at the Writer's Stop in MGM (also the candy store at the front of the park). Also the flourless chocolate cake at Starring Rolls......that is really what I go to MGM for......these two things!!!

DISNEYFIX
03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Can we devote a section of this conversation to DARK chocolate? :D

angedeaile
03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Yum, I heart dark chocolate. I don't remember many dark chocolate encounters though :(

I do remember I enjoyed some creations at the Main Street Bakery. I had some delicious chocolate cookies and some chocolate croissants.

One of my favorite memories was this one really slow day at MK. I was sitting on the sidewalk watching people walk by and then I dropped my croissant.

So I go back in and one of the CMs in there commented on how I was just in here, so I told them I dropped my croissant. So they gave me another one for free!

I love sitting, eating chocolate delights while people watching. :cloud9:

TennesseeTink
03-15-2007, 07:47 PM
There's a shop in Italy at Epcot that sells dark chocolate bars. :thumbsup: Super yummy! I always buy several to bring back home with me to hold me over til my next trip.

Also in The Land they used to have fabu brownies. Not sure if they still have them though.

GusNJacque
03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
I was able to get chocolate from ALMOST every country around World Showcase at Christmas time. The German and the Italian are two of my favorites. :thumbsup:

We had chocolate on Christmas from all over the world. Very :cool:

ElenitaB
03-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Is it appropriate to include fudge in this conversation? Last November, I got a small piece of yummy, yummy fudge in MGM Studios. It definitely hit the "C spot!"

You can play with your chocolate over at Goofy's Candy Shop and have either marshmallows, pretzel sticks or Oreos (not sure on this last one) dipped in chocolate (white, dark or milk) and then in a variety of toppings. It's fun and relatively inexpensive.

like2workout
03-16-2007, 09:03 AM
there's a great dessert at The Liberty Tree in Magic Kingdom that is kind of like a chocolate brownie, but warm and real gooey and very very chocolatey!!! It's great. I think it may only be on the lunch menu and not at supper.

zeller
03-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Speaking of dark chocolate... last year someone brought be a Perugina Nero bar from Italy (from Europe, not Epcot). It was very, very good. Unfortunately, I cannot locate a source for them here.

Back to the regular programming...

D.

cicelyalaska
03-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Why, the Kilauea Torte from Kona Cafe, of course. Nothing like our first full day at Magic Kingdom, followed by a delicious Kona dinner, capped off by the Torte (warm melty chocolate spill all over your plate) and coffee/tea:eat: .

mmouse566
03-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Zebra Domes at AKL always hit the spot when I'm craving chocolate.

Katiebell
03-20-2007, 07:50 PM
We have ADR's for both the Grand Floridian Cafe and WPC. Both have chocolate fondue with fruit on their dessert menu, and I'm definitely getting that at GF...but WPC has a creme brulee sampler, and one of those is dark chocolate...oh man...has anyone had it??? I might just die and go to heaven after that. :cloud9: