PDA

View Full Version : The Overall best time to go to WDW crowd wise?

disneykaitie26
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
My father and I are looking into going end of November into early December. We just want a time where crowds will be the lightest possible. We especially wanna go at that time for Christmas. WE LOVE XMAS AT WDW!!

Thanks for all the help!

Speedy1998
03-15-2007, 12:28 PM
From my experience I have found the best times for light crowds are Mid to late Jan.

All of September, and Most of Oct are good too.

December is OK until a few days before Christmas.

faline
03-15-2007, 12:28 PM
If you want to go at the holidays, early December or very early January will be about the best you'll get for crowds. That said, early December and early January have been increasing in popularity and you won't have the parks to yourselves!

angedeaile
03-15-2007, 12:38 PM
From what I have read numerous times on the forums here...the end of November (after Thanksgiving) and up to the week before Christmas is the best time to go.

However, something to take into consideration is that they usually do the taping for the Christmas Day parade the first weekend of December. Pop Warner crowds happen during that first week also. I am not sure how bad the Pop Warner crowds are, but if you are staying in a value like any of the All Stars...it will affect you.

However, the closer you get to Christmas, they say the worse the crowds.

Anywho, everyone here agrees, that any time after Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas is the best time. I haven't heard many disagree.

mudpuppysmom
03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I took DS in Dec. 6-12 and one night at MGM we were the ONLY people at the Osborne Lights for about 10 minutes!!!

We also went in Jan last year -- mid (18-23) and it was pretty quiet then too.

We're going in May and I'm hoping it'll be pretty quiet then (9-16), so we'll see if we can add that time period to the list of "slowER" times of the year.

KAJUNKING
03-15-2007, 01:03 PM
we love sept, but my friend goes every year the week after thanksgiving and always has good luck :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-15-2007, 01:04 PM
mid-December now seems a little lighter crowd-wise than early December with the increasing popularity of the week after thanksgiving. Early November is good. I agree with Speedy that mid to late Jan or September (when free dining isn't offered) are the lowest crowd times.

nutz4goofy
03-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I have never gone the week after Thanksgiving, but I have heard crowds are light. September always seemed to have light crowds...which is usually the time I always go.

Jenemmy
03-19-2007, 04:40 PM
We normally go in September and it is really pretty nice, crowd wise.....if possible, hit it during the week as the weekends still seem to be hopping, even in hurricane season.

scootch713
03-20-2007, 08:49 AM
The week after thanksgiving has become increasingly popular... i would push for mid december or jan for best crowds.

May524
03-20-2007, 09:18 AM
We were there this January 6-13, and were somewhat suprised by the crowds. When we were on our college program during that time is was DEAD in 05...but this year seemed to be not so quiet. Dont get me wrong it wasn't crowded, but it wasn't as dead as I thought it would be.

CarolinaWDWFan
03-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Go early in December. Crowds do not reach Peak levels until the middle of the month through New Years, so you will be able to enjoy the Christmas season at WDW with less people.:party: