PDA

View Full Version : *LIVE* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 2

Christine
03-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Wednesday March 14

me, 35
DH, 37
DD, 7
DFIL and his fiance (staying in their RV offsite)

EPCOT---

This morning came all too early! But we got up and met DFIL and Co. at 10 to start our day at Epcot.
When we arrived, we discovered all FP's for Soarin were gone for the day. So we rented a locker for our jackets and headed to the Character Connection (DFIL and fiance have never met Mickey and that had to be fixed!)

Next, we headed to see Figment...and for the first time ever, there was a wait!! Almost out the door!!!Then we walked into Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

By this time it was noon'ish and we were getting hungry. We went to the Land and had a bite (Sandwiches for in-laws, Chinese for DH, DD and I had mac cheese and fruit.) DD saw that they were about to do a Tollhouse Cookie Jr. Chef class, so we stayed and let her do that. Afterwards, we hit Living with the Land and then headed for Nemo.

DD really wanted to do Spaceship Earth and we were happy to oblige. After that, DFIL and DH got a FP for MS. Test Track was out of FP's for the day, so they did the single rider line and only waited about 40 min. vs. the posted 80 in regular stand-by. DFIL really really liked Test Track!! As they did this, DD had a Mickey bar and we shopped in Mouse Gears.

We met up with the guys after their crash dummy testing, and went to World Showcase. We decided to wait for 40 min to do Maelstrom. How is DD scared of the trolls EVERY TIME!?? :) Afterwards though, she wanted to get a FP to do it again later! I decided to try schoolbread from Norway and though I am not a big coconut fan, I really enjoyed it (we split it 5 ways between us so it was just enough to get a taste but not get overwhelmed).

As we strolled on around the world, we saw that the Dragon Magic Acrobatics show was about to begin. The rest of my gang went to Germany to get a Bratwurst while I waited for the show. They joined me just in time and we were blown away by their amazing talents! Several times I covered my eyes because I was just sure I was about to witness someone's mortal injury!

DH and DFIL wanted to go back to MS to ride, so we ladies went to use our Maelstrom FP's. Again, scared of the trolls...are you kidding me with this??? :)

We began strolling through the world again, not really stopping in anywhere. Almost every shop, show, and CS had lines out the door. DFIL's fiance said she was just happy taking in the grounds and architecture.

I stopped in Moracco to try baklava. Now first of all, that is huge for me b/c I am not an adventuous eater! Having said that, you can therefore deduce I am no Jym Natazu food critic! ;) My review---thick wet pie crust!

I stopped at the bakery in France to see about a ham sandwich for dinner (I still hadn't eaten and it was pushing 8:00), but again, the desire to stand in a line that stretched back to the perfume shop was not stronger than my hunger. So we went to the bridge that leads to UK and parked it for Illuminations. DH and his dad were on their way from MS and getting our jackets out of the locker. Illuminations was incredible as always. I have never seen it without getting teary eyed and goosebumps. Never.

We made the long slow trek to the bus stop, only to have about 50 teenage girls duck the ropes and cut in front of us. At the risk of sounding like an old biddy, I must admit that I have just about had it with these kids!

Then a first for us happened. Instead of a Disney bus, we were picked up by "American Coachway" busline...kind of like a Greyhound. I didn't ask any quetions...I just happily dragged my carcus into a seat.

*Highpoint of the day---Watching DD on the Maelstrom! It was hysterical to see her excited and terrified at the same time (is that mean of me to say?)

*Funniest moment of the day---Actually, it's a tie. First was in Living with the Land. When you go in the hydroponic area with the glassed roof, the woman behind us pointed up and said, "Oh! Look! We're in the big sphere!" DH and I couldn't stop smiling. One, did she think it just looked bigger OUTSIDE? Two, did she not realize Spaceship Earth is not made of glass? And three, did she think that boatride had taken us clear across the park? It was too cute!
Second, was during Illuminations when the globe float came out, the man next to us said "It's the moon!" and his wife said, "Yes, I think that's that Mission Space."

More tomorrow...I am going to get a hot bath and watch some more channel 96!

*Purchases- again, not much spending going on today. I may have a fever??? I just got some sunglasses (left mine in TX) and a "Spring Break 2007" pin. I combed Mouse Gears with a fine tooth comb, but there really honestly was not anything new since I was here in Nov.

*Plan for tomorrow- MGM (and we will be joined by my friend from Cocoa Beach!!)

*Observations for the day-- Epcot seemed one step away from Pleasure Island. As I have said before, I am all for "eat drink and be merry" but not "get drunk, grope your partner, and cuss like a sailor".

Photos: Click Here (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/558174257sANtTQ)

mudpuppysmom
03-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Sounds like you guys are managing the crowds well.

I would have HAD to say something to the teenagers cutting in line!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: !!! Honestly I'm sure many of their mothers tuaght them better!

Also sounds like the in laws are having a good time.

Get some sleep.....you need it!

alpro2
03-15-2007, 06:11 AM
Love EPCOT. Sorry you didn't get to ride Soarin. Can't believe that the day's FP were already gone. :mad:

Thanks for sharing your day Christine. :thumbsup:

murphy1
03-15-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm really enjoying your reports and pics! I feel like I'm there. My kids said they would love to hang out with your dd, too!

BelleCiavo
03-15-2007, 07:52 AM
One of my sons is afraid of the troll too, and it's not the 4 yo :secret:

You have such a great crowd mentality :mickey:

Karen

Caroleh
03-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Sounds like another great day!!!! Don't you just love those teenagers when they are without their parents!!!!

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 08:30 AM
What a nice day -- even if you did go hungry! I just love Epcot .... and it sounds like you did it justice. I have to look at your pictures later (can't view from here).... so I have something to look forward to! :mickey:

disneydrmr
03-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Another fun sounding day! And your pictures are wonderful! What a beautiful family you guys are! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

offwego
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
What great pics!!

I can't believe the FP's were gone for Test Track and Soarin'!

Your sure seeing a lot despite the crowds though.

Love the comments you overheard. (the best one I ever heard was the monorail track that goes around spaceship earth was test track!)

Carol
03-15-2007, 09:17 AM
we ladies went to use our Maelstrom FP's. Again, scared of the trolls...are you kidding me with this??? It must be a 'good scare' if she wanted to do it again. ;)

Thanks for sharing your Epcot day with us. :cool:

CanadianWDWFan
03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Thansk for sharing your day at Epcot!:thumbsup: We could spend our whole trip there. You sure did have a full day, I am green with :envy:

KylesMom
03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't have guessed that crowds would be that prevalent this week - it seems you guys are taking it in stride.:thumbsup:

Second, was during Illuminations when the globe float came out, the man next to us said "It's the moon!" and his wife said, "Yes, I think that's that Mission Space."
:rotfl:

Thanks for taking the time to share with us all! :mickey: Looking forward to your MGM post!

faline
03-15-2007, 10:28 AM
It certainly does sound like it's busy ! Glad you were prepared for the crowds and are taking it in stride!

tron80
03-15-2007, 11:07 AM
I salute you for enduring the spring break crowds. Sounds like you had a great day at Epcot. Thanks for the report!

Bethis26fan
03-15-2007, 01:54 PM
sounds like you are having a great time even w/ the crowds.

DizNee143
03-15-2007, 03:09 PM
sounds like a pretty good day in epcot...did you ever end up eating anything??...and you really havent bought much yet!! lol..i guess thats kinda good though!! ya know? cant wait to hear about today!! :mickey:

kaliepooh
03-15-2007, 04:22 PM
I can't believe all the FP's for Soaring with finished by 10:00 a.m. I hope you are having a good time!

Maleficent's Dad
03-16-2007, 08:39 AM
The crowds do wreak havoc on the FP's... but you seem to be handling it well.

Now, as for those teenagers... :mad:

Thanks for sharing EPCOT with us! :mickey:

Christine
03-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm really enjoying your reports and pics! I feel like I'm there. My kids said they would love to hang out with your dd, too!

My daughter would like that too!

Another fun sounding day! And your pictures are wonderful! What a beautiful family you guys are! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

Aw, thank you, you're sweet!

...did you ever end up eating anything

What a nice day -- even if you did go hungry! :

Please don't worry...I assure you I can afford to miss a few meals! :blush:

ElenitaB
03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
First of all, thanks for doing these live reports, Christine, even if you are making us all jealous (we love you anyway).

I love the overheard comments! Needed monitor cleaner over here!

As for the baklava, the stuff they serve over at Tangierine Café was not up to par. I'll put some of the good stuff on my list of goodies to bring down for the October meet!

pogo
03-16-2007, 10:01 PM
What a wonderfull day.:thumbsup:

Onto read day three. :D

Here we go again...
03-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Another great day and you are doing quite well with those crowds.

We made the long slow trek to the bus stop, only to have about 50 teenage girls duck the ropes and cut in front of us. At the risk of sounding like an old biddy, I must admit that I have just about had it with these kids!
Sounding like an old biddy???!! What??!
Well, I would have sounded like one because there is no way I would have let those kids cut in front of me.

You know, it is funny that you said you saw the same thing in the shops that you saw in November. We have been to DW a couple of times over the last 6 months and I feel the same way. Not much has changed over the last year. I liked it better when each shop and each resort had it's own specialty stuff. Now it is the same old thing in every shop.

Off to day 3!

Bethanymouse
03-18-2007, 12:15 AM
What a beautiful family you have! Thank you so much for sharing, I felt like I was right there with you! Can't wait to read more!

pdrlkr
03-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Natazu
03-22-2007, 02:58 AM
I stopped in Moracco to try baklava. Now first of all, that is huge for me b/c I am not an adventuous eater! Having said that, you can therefore deduce I am no Jym Natazu food critic! My review---thick wet pie crust!
I would have called it thick wet sticky pie crust but you're learning :thumbsup: