PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP this year ???????

dan24
03-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Has anyone heard if they will offer the free DDP this year as in years past ?

KAJUNKING
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
nothing as of yet (keeping fingers crossed)

KAJUNKING
03-14-2007, 06:53 PM
oh and :welcome: to intercot

kathiep
03-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I've been wondering the same thing; am already booked for Sept 15th - Sept 23rd. I've heard it's been offered 2 years running and last year it was announced in the beginning of April. :fingers:

Mnchknbrat1982
03-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm hoping it will be!! I'm booked in the value right now but if free dining is available I am going to upgrade to one of the moderate. Well be there Sept 22-27

mreinventtt
03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Hello. The free dining was offered last year on April 1st. Only to Disney Visa card members. Then was later offered to everyone else. Not sure when that was but I think a month or so later.
I have my fingers crossed. Last year we got the free dining and it was excellent.
To tell you the truth, if it is not offered I will most definetly purchase it. It is well worth it.
Missy:mickey:

PrincessAmanda
03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
If they do offer it later, is it only for Moderate resort people? Also, if you've already booked, do they apply it to your package?

kathiep
03-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I don't know if you can have it applied to packages already booked, but since I am already booked, if it is offered, I will be cancelling and then re-booking the same day:secret:

Maleficent's Dad
03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm wondering about the free DDP this year - they've got August covered with the Princess & Pirate Parties as a draw. They have the Playhouse Disney things in September followed by EPCOT's F&W Festival (late in the month).

I just wonder - are they using these "draws" in order to eliminate the 'free' dining plan? :confused:

Wolf
03-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow! This sounds amazing! We bought the dining plan last time and loved it, How do you get the free version?

KAT1811
03-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I've been wondering the same thing; am already booked for Sept 15th - Sept 23rd. I've heard it's been offered 2 years running and last year it was announced in the beginning of April. :fingers:

We'll be at Coronado September 12th - 23rd and are also hoping for the free DDP. I've got my fingers crossed.

KAT1811
03-14-2007, 09:21 PM
If they do offer it later, is it only for Moderate resort people? Also, if you've already booked, do they apply it to your package?

The free DDP is open to all WDW guests in all resort categories. That being said there is only a limited amount of rooms avaliable with the free DDP so make sure you call ASAP after it is announced.

They will apply the discount to your already booked vacation. We called last time when they realeased the package and the CM on the phone was more than happy to apply the discount.

Suz36
03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
How did everyone find out about the deal in previous years, and what time of year was it offered? Was it available at deluxe resorts?

mook3y
03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
How did everyone find out about the deal in previous years, and what time of year was it offered? Was it available at deluxe resorts?

we have used it the last 2 years.

2 years ago, i found out about it from here at intercot.

We use Magical Journey's as our travel agent and last year, the free dining was added to our reservation before I even knew it had come out.

when they offer the free ddp, it is available at all levels - value, moderate and deluxe.

disneyfan369
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm wondering about the free DDP this year - they've got August covered with the Princess & Pirate Parties as a draw. They have the Playhouse Disney things in September followed by EPCOT's F&W Festival (late in the month).

I just wonder - are they using these "draws" in order to eliminate the 'free' dining plan? :confused:

Oh no, that would be really bad. What if you don't want to go to either? What a bad deal.

breezysmom
03-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Do you have to travel in a specified month or is it available for any month?? Like if I am traveling later in the year but buy my package when it is available can I use it???

mook3y
03-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Do you have to travel in a specified month or is it available for any month?? Like if I am traveling later in the year but buy my package when it is available can I use it???

No, when they have offered this package, it is only available for vacations that start between a specific set of dates.

Strmchsr
03-15-2007, 05:07 PM

As Mook3y said, it's only been available between certain dates (late August-September), but the real kicker is you have to make your reservation by a certain date as well (mid June) so whatever offer they put out for the fall, whether that be free dining or something else, be sure you book before the expiration date!

KellAnneL
03-15-2007, 08:37 PM
I've heard rumblings that they won't offer it this year, but will offer something else. We booked Sept 8-15 at the POP, and will upgrade, too if discounts are offered.

Thanks to Karen at Magical Journeys:thumbsup: . She puts up with all my "what-ifs" and changes!

Kellie

GottaLvDisney
03-16-2007, 10:03 AM
I've been wondering the same thing; am already booked for Sept 15th - Sept 23rd. :fingers:

:ditto: We're already booked @ Pop for Sept 15-23 and I'd love to see free dining offered so Karen @ MJ can hook us up!

Thanks to Karen at Magical Journeys:thumbsup: . She puts up with all my "what-ifs" and changes!
Kellie

Another :thumbsup: for Karen - she was so great at helping with my multitude of questions and scenarios before we finally booked!

Christie

CleveSJM
03-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Hello. The free dining was offered last year on April 1st. Only to Disney Visa card members. Then was later offered to everyone else. Not sure when that was but I think a month or so later.
I have my fingers crossed. Last year we got the free dining and it was excellent.
To tell you the truth, if it is not offered I will most definetly purchase it. It is well worth it.
Missy:mickey:

It was offered to the public 4 days later last year. For more details, use the "past updates" link over to the left under "News" here on intercot. Look up April 2006 and page down to April 1st. All the details are right there.

About P&P being a "draw"... It's not a $ draw. Disney is wrong if they think that. It's less time in the parks for normal visitors and more $$$ for people that want 2 extra hours. Anti-draw from my perspective.

kaliepooh
03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi guys I have a question about the free dining if it is offered. Will I get some credit if my vacations starts prior to the date the free dining is offered? For example my vacation starts on August 13th. If free dining starts on August 15th while I'm still there would I get some credit? Or would I have to rebook from the day it starts?:mickey:

CleveSJM
03-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi guys I have a question about the free dining if it is offered. Will I get some credit if my vacations starts prior to the date the free dining is offered? For example my vacation starts on August 13th. If free dining starts on August 15th while I'm still there would I get some credit? Or would I have to rebook from the day it starts?:mickey:

You will have to rebook to have a stay start on the free dining start date. Might be expensive because you'll have to split up your MYW tickets. Instead of a 6 day, you might end up with 2 three day passes. Watch out for any extra costs.

KAJUNKING
03-24-2007, 12:33 AM
i pretty much keep all my fingers crossed that they will offer it again, we enjoyed it last year and it was so nice :thumbsup: it would not make a difference on whether or not we would go,but we get a chance to dine at a lot of places we would pass on.