PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Vistana villages, International Drive

Catzle
03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
My sister in law has been trying to trade into disney via Interval international, we are now less than 2 months to go and no go. So sadly we are now looking for her off site. We saw the Sheraton Vistana villages, International Drive. It says it offers free shuttle to Disney. Is this a good place to stay and anything you can tell me about it would be great, especially the pool! Is this near downtown disney? Could they walk to downtown disney?
Thanks,

Figment!
03-23-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure, but I don't believe any hotel on International Drive is with in walking distance of Downtown Disney.

Hopefully some other INTERCOTee's can give you feedback on this resort. :)

Meteora
03-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Definitely not walking distance. It's probably a 10-15 minute drive to get onto Disney property...I've only done it once, but that's my estimation. It's not as close as the original Sheraton Vistana. And do be careful--I know you've posted several threads about Vistana, and the Vistana Villages, while operated by the same company, are NOT the same as the original Sheraton Vistana. I'm sure they're similar in terms of rooms and amenities (in fact, the villages are new and more modern) but they are in different locations.

merlinmagic4
03-23-2007, 06:27 PM
The Sheraton Vistana Resort is about 5 minutes from Downtown Disney (driving). I'm pretty sure the Villages is much further away. I believe the Villages is newer than Vistana so probably nicer in some respects. Hope that helps!

bob6572
03-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Stayed at SVV in Dec 05. Check in was a nightmare. My inlaws were there at 4:30 for a 4:00 check in and did not get there keys till almost 7. When they did get them, they gave them the keys to our room!! Defiantely a 10-15 minute drive to Disney. I have seen other posts about the free shuttle, but we never saw or heard of it while we were there. Pool and grounds we well maintained and very nice, but this trip led us to sell our RCI and buy into DVC.