PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribean Online Game is Opening

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chescat
03-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Just go this email from Disney Online about the game. I got my key for the game. This is what the letter says (minus the key of course!).

The Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta test has officially begun! Claim your Beta test account within the next 7 days and start playing the latest game build immediately!

Please keep in mind that the game is not yet finalized. You may see unfinished graphics and hear unfinished audio, and also may experience crashes, dropped connections, or other issues that will affect your gaming experience. As we continue to improve and refine the game, we need your opinions and feedback to help identify issues within the game and prepare it for public launch! During the Beta test, we encourage you to submit feedback on the game and report any technical bugs you may encounter.

To begin playing, please use the Beta Account Key and instructions listed below.

To set up your account, please complete the following steps:

Click here to visit the Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta web site
Enter the Beta Account Key listed below:

Beta Account Key: (your key they sent you)

Login using your existing account name or create a new account.

Please note: The Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta test requires all testers to enter a valid credit card as proof that they are over 18 years of age or have parental consent to participate in the Beta. Your credit card will not be charged.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process and download the game launcher.
Once the download is complete, double-click on the Pirates Online icon to finish the installation and log in to play.
Congratulations - You are now ready to play Pirates of the Caribbean Online BETA!
The Beta test is officially open:
- Thursday and Friday: 5 pm to 5 am (PT)
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 am to 9 pm (PT)

During the Beta, we will also coordinate Stress Tests--where we will encourage all players to log in during a specified time to test the stability and capacity of the game. You can find out about these scheduled tests and get the latest release notes, server status, and gameplay tips on the Pirates Online Beta web site.

Please Note: Prior to creating a Beta account, we strongly recommend that you verify your computer meets the minimum requirements for the Beta test as listed below:
PC running Windows XP
2 GHz or faster processor
1 GB RAM
128 MB video card
Thank you for participating in the Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta test - we'll see you in the game!

Sincerely,

The Crew @ Pirates of the Caribbean Online

For more information about Pirates of the Caribbean Online, visit:
PiratesOnline.com

WDWfanatic742
03-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Finally they are open, and it actually did when I said it would (I said wednesday but close enough). I just hope that the 18+ rule doesn't affect me getting a key that they promissed me I would be getting..... :mad:

bigpapiortiz34
03-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I have a few questions as I have not been following the Pirate game in a long time. My questions:

1. Even if you did not sign up a while back, can you sign up now and STILL do the beta test?
2. Do you need to pay for the game?
3. To do the beta test, do you need to be one of those tester peoples?
4. Can you still become a tester?
5. Do you NEED to be 18+ years of age to play, even if your not doing the beta testing? ( just wondering :) )

Okay well, now that I gave all of my questions, hopefully someone can help me out here. Also, I don't really care for the credit card thingy, even if its to verify something. I don't like putting a credit card number online.

WDWfanatic742
03-13-2007, 05:53 PM
1) I doubt it. Way back during E3 in 2006, they gave some people invitations with special instructions on how to become a tester.

2) There are two versions. A free version with ads and restrictions on what you can do, and a full version with everything and no ads.

3) To do the beta test, you need to recieve a beta key by e-mail. I still have not gotten anything with a key and it seems like cat is the only one so far that is on here.

4) Don't think so. You could possibly register the old way and maybe at the last minute they might want more testers and use the lists of people who registered the normal way. Who knows for sure???

5) Nope, but I have a feeling that they might want a credit card to make sure that someone over 18 knows that you are playing (even on the free version).

JPL
03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Arg keep a weather for me there be rough waters ahead :pirate: :sail: :sail:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-13-2007, 08:22 PM
ARGH! I feel so frustrated and depressed right now. Why didn't I sign up in May? ROAR!

Ah well.. Nothing I can do right now. Might as well check out the site. I thought Cat said that Fan can do beta testing? It sounds so much fun! I doubt if I can convince my parents to enter the credit card, though. Sigh.. :sadwave:

WDWfanatic742
03-13-2007, 08:34 PM
I am supposed to after sending in the E3 request and even got something on Friday. Have half a mind to e-mail them tonight but going to tough it out until the morning to e-mail them. Too much time off from school these next few days to be sitting at home and doing nothing.

WDWfanatic742
03-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I was reading a FAQ after you get a key. Here is something that struck my eyes:

Can I post screenshots or information about the game?

No. Publishing any information to the Internet or to any other location or any other medium will result in your expulsion from the Beta program, and may result in other corporate disciplinary action.

So DO NOT post any screenshots here or anywhere. Don't take the risk!

Ms.Behave
03-13-2007, 08:53 PM
snap. i did not get a key or anything. arg, i was looking foreward to it. >_< i hate selected peoples getting the message.

AND i need to reserve my title. arg

WDWfanatic742
03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Got my key last night. I wouldn't worry if you didn't get a key right now anyway. The game is more buggy then VMK ever was (if that's possible), and can hardly even be run on a computer. Laggy and sound skiping everywhere. Got to create my character and do a couple things before I just quit and will try later on today.

Chescat
03-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Got my key last night. I wouldn't worry if you didn't get a key right now anyway. The game is more buggy then VMK ever was (if that's possible), and can hardly even be run on a computer. Laggy and sound skiping everywhere. Got to create my character and do a couple things before I just quit and will try later on today.
What we found out last night was you definitely have to have 1GB RAM or forget playing. Nachocat was taking forever to load a room.

We were crashing about every ten minutes. And when you started over you wound up in a different place each time. That's what Beta is all about. :blush:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
All of a sudden, as Doll lies in her bed feeling very disturbed because Daylights Saving Time messed up her sleep schedule.. she thinks about being a pirates and yoho-ing with her Inside Out crew. She then drifts to sleep and dreams about Jack Sparrow and the Kraken... :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

WDWfanatic742
03-15-2007, 12:54 PM
For the few who have played, can you explain me this. Why on the game website say that these are the minimum requirements when it seems like they aren't?

Windows 2000/XP
Pentium 3 800Mhz processor (P4 1Ghz rec.)
256 MB RAM (512 recommended)
400 MB disk space available
32MB graphics card (64 MB recommended)
DirectX 9 or better
Broadband internet connection

Is it because the game is in beta that the game is freezing alot or what? I have 512 MB and can't go two seconds without freezing.

Chescat
03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Fan, see my first post in this thread, it shows we needed 1GB and XP. Could that be, because we are running with debug on. We also have that instant bug report that shows up all the time with the logs. With those logs running all the time and the location marker, maybe we need more RAM and faster machines. :blush:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Please keep in mind that the game is not yet finalized. You may see unfinished graphics and hear unfinished audio, and also may experience crashes, dropped connections, or other issues that will affect your gaming experience. As we continue to improve and refine the game, we need your opinions and feedback to help identify issues within the game and prepare it for public launch! During the Beta test, we encourage you to submit feedback on the game and report any technical bugs you may encounter.

Well this proves that they're not finished yet and probably explains a bit of why it's a little slow. At least it mentions in the last sentence that you're free to complain and grouch about it ;)

WDWfanatic742
03-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I have definately used that button so far. Over 5 times in two days I have sent in bugs to them. Very weird problems too but I guess that's why they call it beta. Oh well, at least we get to see the game early and be part of it to the beginning.

3,000 Posts :number1:

varcity
03-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Yay for fans 3000!

boo for fan's gator signature!!!

boo for no beta varcity yet!!! :mickey:

Chescat
03-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Yay Fan! Congrats on the 3000. :yay: :joy: :high5:

bigpapiortiz34
03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
BIG WOOT FOR 3000 FAN! :joy: :yay: :congrats:

In honor of this, I will now do 3000 WOOTS!

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!...

( I can see you get the picture :) )

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Woot for Fan! Great 3 :) :) :) posts! ;)

Chescat
03-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Well people, not sure you want to hear this or not. Ran into a girl in the Pirate game that was all excited. She had just come back from a Fan Event they had (showing of a preview of POTC 3). I hadn't heard about this. But she said she got a key tonite and jumped right on the game when she got home. I saw this post just now:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1227651

Also have heard from a couple people there are problems if you live in Canada. When you give them the credit card for verification. Its not going through at least for the Beta.

janmathatter
03-19-2007, 10:47 AM
I did get an e-mail invitation for the Ultimate Fan Event. They had it in Washington, DC too. Can't remember what the date was, but it was around the time I wasn't going anywhere because of ice and snow. I remember it said be the first to see the trailer for POTC3.

Patricia
03-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I also recieved and invitaion to the PoTC Fan Event, but my nearest City required plane travel. Heh.

I talked to Dave and he can't get in with his Canadian credit card billing address. As with a lot of these things, it seems to open only to US residents.

WDWfanatic742
03-22-2007, 01:29 PM
The new homepage for the beta site is here:

POTCO Beta Homepage (https://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates/)

You still need to log-in to access the site and by the looks of it, nothing was added inside of the beta site.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Awesome! I signed up where it says so, but I guess I won't be able to really test it out :sadwave:

Oh well, thanks so much Fan for the link!

Stilgar
03-22-2007, 09:00 PM
I signed up way back in May and never received a key. I guess not everyone was picked. No worry though. I've tested plenty of beta games and I know how frustrating it can be.

Bring on the Gold.. er, Gold version. :pirate:

WDWfanatic742
03-23-2007, 04:56 PM
They have started to send reply's to people who have reported bugs. Nothing really in them other than "we recieved your report yada yada..."

Chescat
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
They have started to send reply's to people who have reported bugs. Nothing really in them other than "we recieved your report yada yada..."
They have? Wow, I've sent in over 50 and heard nothing. Now I'm dead in the water until my husband figures out how he blew my machine away last night that I play on. :(

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I signed up way back in May and never received a key. I guess not everyone was picked. No worry though. I've tested plenty of beta games and I know how frustrating it can be.

Yeah I guess so. But I still want to experience it at least once. How many times can you be a pirate? ^_^

WDWfanatic742
03-23-2007, 06:40 PM
I've received 5 e-mails already saying that they recieved my reports. I got a couple more that I sent in that I haven't gotten yet too.

Chescat
03-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I've received 5 e-mails already saying that they recieved my reports. I got a couple more that I sent in that I haven't gotten yet too.
Found out why I wasn't getting those emails. They have been going directly to my trash, so never saw them. Just happened to delete something by mistake and found the ones for end of last week. :secret:

Ms.Behave
03-30-2007, 07:37 PM
did anyone get their keys yet today? a few people are saying they got theirs, i just checked and i didnt

Chescat
03-30-2007, 07:41 PM
did anyone get their keys yet today? a few people are saying they got theirs, i just checked and i didnt
At least one of my friends got his key today. They seemed to have been issued around 2:30 this afternoon (Pacific Time).

Behave check your PMs from me.

WDWfanatic742
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Big Bump :thumbsup:

Anyway, they updated the game within the past few days with the border that was mentioned month's ago for the free version. No ad's yet though. Plus, they are fixing the game because the game seems to be running alot more smoothly than before. Could be better but they are getting there.

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Calling all beta testers... See if YOU can crash the servers!

What: Pirates Online Stress Test (let the mayhem begin)
When: Friday, April 13 - 6pm to 9pm (PDT)
Where: PiratesOnline.com/beta

Tonight we'll hold our first official Stress Test to get a feel for the game's current capacity. This data, coupled with all of your feedback throughout the beta period, will help us optimize the game and allow us to deliver the best experience possible for the launch later this spring.

What better day than Friday, April 13, to push the game to its breaking point? Grab your pirate brethren (as long as they also have beta access) and join the adventure from 6 pm until 9 pm (PDT) this Friday. Remember, this is still beta and all the extra pirates might produce some extra problems - please bear with us and thanks for your support!

Finally, the first offical stress test

Chescat
04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Later this spring? Isn't that like a month from now? I think they are being a little optimistic. I guess we find out tonite. Yo pirate team give me an ARG! :thedolls:

varcity
04-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Glad I play on my lap top, I am watching my sharkies quest for the cup at 5, so at 6 I'll pop on and get frustrated, then take out agression on those blasted predators! :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Arg.. only for beta testers. The envy is too much! :ill:

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
The last day of spring is June 20th :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
BTW, apparently they have reset the database, therefore it deleted all avatars. Checking the game now to see if this is true.

CAT!!!! We knew this was going to happen...

They have added ad's to the game, and everyone who has given a beta key has been given unlimited access. What I said up there is true as well...

Now if I can just get this game to work...

Chescat
04-13-2007, 08:35 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :fit: :angry: :fit:

My level 8 pirate is gone then. Also ratcat and nachocat??? :rant:

Cheese, I guess we get to do our wenches over again and I'm going to miss Varcity's Peggy, and JP's Stumpy.

varcity
04-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes, they reset all the pirates. I am now: Lefty. Weird, I am right handed? :mickey:

However, I am glad they did reset the avatars because now they have a tutorial after everything that filled in a bunch of gaps and a new barbossa quest that I didn't go through my first time! Definitely a good upgrade.

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but where you sign in your account, on the left side they have a very extensive list of updates and a bunch of my bug reports were fixed on that list, someone listens to us ;)

Chescat
04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
That's true. My first one went to lala land and got stuck. Rat Cat couldn't find sparrow and was lost. Swabby I will miss, but at least I got pictures of her. :D

Do they let you change your clothes now? :secret:

We'll have to have Nachocat make two characters. Nacho Cat and Cheese Cat. Since she truly is the one and only Cheese to us. :cloud9:

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2007, 09:13 PM
There is a really weird mini-game that I got challenged to and it was right when I was clicking to defeat an enemy.

BTW, I am lefty also :blush:

Chescat
04-13-2007, 09:14 PM
So watch, I'll be Righty. :blush:

Yo, Hockey Fan, you coming aboard?

Tiggerdog
04-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Yup!

I am Lefty. How can Varcity be lefty when I am Lefty? Isn't Lefty a girl's name?

chrisb26
04-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Well I just made myself again and I am Savey haha see that im different woot!

I was playing for a bit they had 245 on one server it was crazy terrible lag

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Right now there are about 250 people total on 2 servers.

Tiggerdog
04-13-2007, 10:46 PM
I can't get into the game right now. I might cry.:(

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Does that mean that you got a key too Hockey?

Wait, so restarting the avatars and all means they deleted your characters? :confused:

chrisb26
04-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Wait, so restarting the avatars and all means they deleted your characters? :confused:

yep we have to make our character all over again and do the quests again

WDWfanatic742
04-14-2007, 01:05 AM
In the three hours I played today, I basically got to maybe an hours worth of getting back to where I was quest wise. To get all of my stats back it will take a couple days at the very least.

Patricia
04-15-2007, 02:29 PM
I just got around to reading my email today. I recieved a key on Friday.. so, today I signed up for beta. No credit card was required. I'm not sure if that is new or if it's because I've had my Disney account for 10 years and they may have already got credit infomation from me in the past.

Either way, I'm in Canada and testing. Hopefully the name Patti will be approved.

I have no idea what I'm doing though.. I'm not much of a gamer.

:confused:

For info.. I have a 5 year old computer, with 512 RAM, a slow processor and who knows what for a video card. The game is running quite nicely on it.

Patricia
04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Ok, it worked until I actually had to kill more than the dummy. (I'm so pathetic at this, I thought the dummy might actually win the fight. :blush:)

Now it keeps freezing, not sure if it's my computer or the game itself.

Anyhooo.. that's enough of that for me today. :whew:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Ok, it worked until I actually had to kill more than the dummy. (I'm so pathetic at this, I thought the dummy might actually win the fight. :blush:)

Sorry Patti! But I can't help it. :funny: :rotfl: :haha:

WDWfanatic742
04-15-2007, 04:05 PM
It's definately the game Patti. It's gotten better but its still freezing and everything else.

Chescat
04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
I did get the title Swabby back for my temporary name for some reason. :thumbsup:

Patti, the reason you really need the 1MB Memory for the beta is all the debug running in the background. If you notice when you crash it pops up with a bug report window that contains your log files. Also if you hit either Alt+F1 or Ctrl+F1 (can't remember which), it shows info on your location, etc. People her that had the 512 RAM didn't get very far unfortunately. When the real game comes out, all that will be disabled and you should be fine with that 512 RAM according to the specs for the game. I know the video card needs to be at least 128mb also I believe.

Good news is Nachocat finally got her ship back. :D

Tiggerdog
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I can't get to the ship without crashing. I go throught the tavern and to the ship and I crash.

Oh, and now I am Swabby as well. If we are all Swabby, how can we tell who is who?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Don't they let you choose your own name? Don't they have to be different? How can you all be Swabby? :P

chrisb26
04-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Don't they let you choose your own name? Don't they have to be different? How can you all be Swabby? :P

Doll,
Swabby, Lefty, Savy, Peggy those are all like being a guest in VMK. You do get to choose your name but as with VMK it does need to be approved. Unfortunantly unlike VMK it takes a very long time to get approved. I don't know if they will be faster now that they reset the detabase but I sure hope so. Just glad I'm no longer Peggy.

Patricia
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Oh.. I totally forgot to mention my characters name. Look for "Swabby"!

I may never get to use my cutlass. Apparently, my training is not going well. :blush:

varcity
04-20-2007, 01:26 PM
friendly update: Stress test number 2 is sunday april 22 if I remember what I read correctly! :mickey:

Chescat
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
friendly update: Stress test number 2 is sunday april 22 if I remember what I read correctly! :mickey:
Where did you see this? I didn't get the memo. Is it on the login? Haven't been on last two nights. :blush:

janmathatter
04-20-2007, 04:02 PM
It is on the log in page. Like I need anymore stress tests. I can answer that, yes, I have stress. ... Oh they mean the game.

varcity
04-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Where did you see this? I didn't get the memo. Is it on the login? Haven't been on last two nights. :blush:

Yup, log in like my bay be says. Not much else for updates, but it's going to happen.

It is on the log in page. Like I need anymore stress tests. I can answer that, yes, I have stress. ... Oh they mean the game.

Well I got the pirate premier tickets so our relaxing weekend next to jonny depp and Keira Knightley will be just what you need! :mickey:

janmathatter
04-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Well I got the pirate premier tickets so our relaxing weekend next to jonny depp and Keira Knightley will be just what you need! :mickey:

I will be the one next to Captain Jack, won't I?

Chescat
04-20-2007, 06:24 PM
So guess that means I have Orlando Bloom. :cloud9:

I think we should put JP next to the monkey. That way gets fed the whole time.
:popcorn: :monkey:

Guess I because of stress, I haven't been paying attention to the login page either. Oops!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Rofl Cat and Cheese. Will I be next to Davy Jones? :sick:

Eww.. Was that slime?

WDWfanatic742
04-20-2007, 07:55 PM
I wonder how many people they can get on a server at one time this time. Doesn't it seem like they should take away the report bug system for these tests since we won't have it during the offical game time. It should help speed up the game alot compared to the 2 FPS I get anymore.

Stilgar
04-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta is open!

I just got my invitation to the open beta testing of PotCo!
Woot! I'm so freaking out right now! :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Nice Still! The email thing looks cool but I'm afraid I can't really see it too clearly :P Nice job anyway! :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHH! I got it too! Sorry for double posting but I'm so hyper right now because I got the email! Woot.. Woot.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Ahhhaaa... excuse me while I go to the bathroom to calm down..

Yorkie
04-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I just got the email too but after I download it then install it I click on the icon and it says the file has been moved and can not be used. I am so confused. I am wondering if I should use a different computer than my laptop. what should I do?:confused:

Chescat
04-20-2007, 09:22 PM
I might defer to Varcity or Fan on this one, but one question. Do you have XP running? I know for the beta testing you have to be running on XP. Might want to try that before the others respond. Not sure what else it could be. :cool:

WDWfanatic742
04-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I'd say go to the desktop if it has better memory and everything. Laptop's aren't known to have as much power as desktop's at the same prices, especially if you have a higher end desktop.

Anyway, my brother's e-mail account just got the invitation too. Looks like they are really pushing this stress test on Sunday.

Calling all beta testers... Stress Test #2 is on the horizon!

What: Stress Test #2
When: Sunday, April 22 - Noon to 3 pm (PDT)

This Sunday, April 22, we'll hold our second official Stress Test to get a feel for the game's current capacity based on the latest game build. Data from this test, coupled with all of your feedback throughout the beta period, will help us to optimize the game, and allow us to deliver the best experience possible for the launch later this spring.

So... let's go ahead and push the game to its limits! Grab your pirate brethren (as long as they also have beta access) and join the adventure from noon until 3 pm (PDT) this Sunday. Remember, this is still beta and all the extra pirates might produce some extra problems - thanks for your support!

Look for more Stress Tests coming April 29 and May 9!

3pm to 6pm for us East Pirates. Looks like I will have to finish my homework by tomorrow :(

mook3y
04-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Just got my code and logged on.

Just so you guys know, game is laggy regardless of your system.

I have a gaming system with dual core cpu, 2gb memory and a 512mb memory card and it is still very laggy/choppy.

WOOT! The beta has started!

But.... where's the RUM?????? :D

WDWfanatic742
04-20-2007, 11:32 PM
They got no rum in the bars. Is sea water good for you? :sick:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Great game. Many varieties of pirate faces and all, but not many clothes :( I'm so confused on this game. I need a guide :P

WDWfanatic742
04-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Don't get me started on making a guide for this game too. Never did get to finish the VMK guide :cool:

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-21-2007, 12:51 AM
I finely got my beta code, YAY!!!!

varcity
04-21-2007, 01:10 AM
It runs very choppy on my lap top for the first few minutes. Then it slowly picks up and runs smoother as time goes on until it crashes. I just got a gateway laptop for christmas, not sure what you are running on.

No true grog in this game...:beer:

mook3y
04-21-2007, 01:32 AM
They got no rum in the bars. Is sea water good for you? :sick:

LOL seen Madagascar?

Lucille
04-24-2007, 11:07 AM
How can I get a code to play?

WDWfanatic742
04-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Calling all beta testers... Stress Test #3 is on the horizon!

What: Stress Test #3
When: Sunday, April 29 - Noon to 3 pm (PDT)

Sunday, April 29, we'll hold our third official Stress Test to get a feel for the game's current capacity based on the latest game build. Data from this test, coupled with all of your feedback throughout the beta period, will help us to optimize the game, and allow us to deliver the best experience possible for the launch later this spring.

So... let's go ahead and push the game to its limits! Grab your pirate brethren (as long as they also have beta access) and join the adventure from noon until 3 pm (PDT) this Sunday. Remember, this is still beta and all the extra pirates might produce some extra problems - thanks for your support!

Look for another Stress Test coming May 9!

April 19, 2007 [pirates_1_0_5_2]

More improvements to server stability.

April 16, 2007 [pirates_1_0_5_1]

Improvements to server stability.

WDWfanatic742
04-29-2007, 11:53 AM
April 27, 2007 [pirates_1_0_6_0]

Taking a ship out via the dockworker has been simplified.
Added boss battle: Rescuing the Black Pearl.
Splitting and doubling has been added to Blackjack.
A Log-out button has been added to the options panel.
When you log in, you will appear on the last island you visited. Major islands have jails.
The ability to teleport to a friend has been added.
There is now a new user interface in place for currently targeted enemy.
Enemy aggro has been tuned so enemies don't gang up on people as often.
New name tags reveal the difficulty of an Enemy relative to a player. Red: Hard to defeat. Yellow: Near equal to player. Green: Easy to defeat. Gray: Very easy to defeat.
The Lookout system is now defaulted to Invite Crew.
You should not be able to buy or equip a weapon before you've earned the right to have it.

Other items to watch out for:

We will be removing the deploy button from the ships panel - you will have to use the dockworker to deploy a ship.
Look for missing water after dying in a jungle, cave, or swamp.
We are doing a quest database patch, so try logging in with an old avatar that has quests and make sure the quests still show up.

Playing the game real fast this morning, the game didn't have the border around the window for me with the ad's and everything. The game ran alot faster than normal, and all of the important information (especially in ship battle) have been updated and are alot sleeker. I can now easily see this game being released on May 7th or 9th, the two dates that have been mentioned on a bunch of game sites.

BTW, the 3rd stress test starts at 3pm EST or Noon PST.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I noticed the new ad-free border yesterday night while I was trying to go on. Loading took a longer time than usual, probably because of the new changes. Missed the Stress Test (ROAR!), but I got some gold and maybe I can get my own ship now ^_^

mook3y
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
to get a small amount of gold quickly (200 - 300) look for buried treasure.

it will re-appear frequently and in the same spot.

I look for places to fight & dig treasure, rinse and repeat.

varcity
04-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Yes, dig in the same spot. you don't even have to move. Also, playing poker nets a lot of gold quickly as well. Bet through all the rounds then the last round keep raising until the computer quits.

Looks like once again a lot of my bug reports were fixed! glad to see good changes are coming! :mickey:

Chescat
04-30-2007, 11:49 AM
The weapons problem is still broken. By accident I put something in my #F1 slot and the cutlass went away. Now all my stuff in my weapons are red (cutlass, gun, etc) and I'm not trained in anything. Anything I had bought is goes to lala land again. Been like this for a few weeks and just getting worse. So without the cutlass you can't get multiple enemies.

The quests however have been fixed. You can click to stop the one you are doing, so it reset it.

There is a mini quest you can do with the gold and if you visit the guy he gives you 150 gold each time for digging it up. He's the guy that runs all over by the one building between the harbor master and the boat guy.

Patricia
04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Ok, I tried this again this morning. I still have no idea what I'm doing. Last thing I did.. was Tia Dalma gave me a compass..

..and I'm lost.

I got out of the woods and am stuck in a cave with crazy skeletons chasing me. :blush:

Also, I got poor Swabby stuck running and can't make her stop. Does anyone know how I started that so I don't do it again? She can't do anything running around.

Yeah.. I've never been a gamer. I may have to hand over my keys to the kid in the house.

Chescat
04-30-2007, 11:59 AM
All they do is run, you can't walk. Sounds like you went the wrong way in the cave. When you crash next time, should take you to an outer area by the water or by the market place (where Turner's shop was).

Also make sure your menu on the right is not up. If it is, its very hard to move around. I usually use up and down arrows to walk/run and the mouse to turn go side to side. Makes it smoother and easier.

mook3y
04-30-2007, 12:03 PM
yeah, i had the same thing happen with my first pirate. I was trying to get the steel cutlass into my F1 slot so I could use it. ended up with dagger there and cutlass listed as need to train to use it.

Have reported it a few times, but still no fix. :(

Also. you can get potions to heal you, can be used in mid battle. You can carry 3 at a time.

Look for medicine man. PR on way to govenors mansion from dock

Patricia
04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks cat! I hope I start anywhere but in there.. sigh.

What I mean by running is I can't be still. I can't stop! I can't dig or fight because I run right by.. kind of silly. Can you imagine trying to play poker running around in circles?

Chescat
04-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks cat! I hope I start anywhere but in there.. sigh.

What I mean by running is I can't be still. I can't stop! I can't dig or fight because I run right by.. kind of silly. Can you imagine trying to play poker running around in circles?
What keys are you using for moving? I use up and down arrow and the mouse for side to side. When I'm close to where I want to go, I stop hitting the up key, then just hit it lightly. I do go whizzing by the enemies sometimes! We'll need to ask Nachocat, I think she had that problem as first. Now she just keeps falling off her ship.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the gold tips guys! I could use 'em :) I got 100 or more gold so I think I can buy a ship now. I get gold by plunderin' the Navy ships. Gets you a nice amount of gold. I tried to swim all the way to Tortuga.. but I stopped at the High Seas 'cause I needed a ship. I guess you can't go the cheap way all the time :blush:

Patricia
05-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Oh.. now I'm jealous. Even Doll has this figured out. :eek:

I was using the up key to move forward.. now I don't need any key, I just run all the time, hands free.. sigh. I do need to use the left and right keys to turn. I'm getting dizzy because I can't stop and rest my eyes. :crazy:

I'll try again soon. Did anyone get their user names? I'm still going by Swabby.

Chescat
05-01-2007, 02:37 AM
I tried to swim all the way to Tortuga.. but I stopped at the High Seas 'cause I needed a ship. I guess you can't go the cheap way all the time :blush:
Are you the one I kept running over? You know that was quite a distance. I guess we should tell Doll how we get to Tortuga. You get the map out, scroll with holding down the left button I believe to Tortuga and teleport there. (See we just wanted you to get a ship). I tried that sail once and got sea sick. :blush:

I got Rat Cat and NachoCat got Nacho Cat. Sigh! We lost the titles when they restarted the system with the stress tests. I fear I will have to delete Swabby since she can't get any of her weapons since she not trained. She's got 2 voodoo dolls and a dagger. I did pick a name for fun on another character. Kat BlueRat. :D

janmathatter
05-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Ah yes, I almost gave up playing this game because of the motion sickness I was getting from going in circles. All I can say is the more you play, the better you will be at controlling where you want to go. I conquered that problem, but alas, as Cat said, I can't seem to stay on my own ship. I end up under it walking on the ocean floor. So when are we all going to get together for some embarassing pirate high adventure?

Patricia
05-01-2007, 12:40 PM
I would love to get together, but I have no idea how. :confused:

mook3y
05-01-2007, 12:47 PM
To make a lot of gold, join the crew of someone's ship. Especially if they have one of the reall large ships (sailing 5 required) that holds 12 cargo items.

I went out with someone last night and made over 2,000 gold pieces in less than 45 minutes.

WDWfanatic742
05-02-2007, 03:54 PM
May 2, 2007

In The News

Pirates of the Caribbean Online is approaching its launch date and has already been previewed by several top gaming sites! Check out their reviews below:

Gamespy.com (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/pirates-of-the-caribbean-online/778443p1.html)
IGN Vault (part 1) (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/777/777125p1.html)
IGN Vault (part 2) (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/778/778958p1.html)
Gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/piratesofthecaribbeanonline/news.html?sid=6165079)
GamersInfo.net (http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:1557)
KeepToTheCode.com (http://www.keeptothecode.com/2007/02/first-look-at-pirates-online-coming.html)
TenTonHammer.com (http://www.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=441)

Pirates Combat

The combat system within Pirates of the Caribbean Online has many different layers and dimensions – enough to satisfy even the most seasoned MMO player. From high-seas ship-to-ship cannon battles and PVP arenas to epic Boss Battles – from the second you step foot in the Caribbean, you're bound to be met with a series of combat challenges. This latest newsletter is dedicated to giving future players a crash course in the game's enemies, as well as the different forms of combat: land and sea.

New Screenshots

Check out a few of the long-awaited Screenshots (http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/thegame/screenshots.html#) featuring your favorite Pirates film characters, including Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swann.

Video Insider

Click here (http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/thegame/video.html) to view the latest Video Insider, which showcases combat within the game and follows the Pirates of the Caribbean Online development team to a fast-paced fencing tournament in San Francisco. Learn how the combat system is structured and check out our crew's combat abilities!

Meet the Crew

We've updated the Crew Bio (http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/thegame/crew/crewbios.html) page to include a few additional team members. Take a look at their interviews and check back soon for more!

Developer Diaries

Check out the latest entries in our series of Developer Diaries (http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/thegame/crew/developerdiary.html) -- each focusing on a different aspect of the game's development process, specifically combat.

Building & Outfitting Ships: Read up on how players can acquire, upgrade, and repair their ships, as well as the different ship varieties and sizes.

Enemies: From old favorites like Davy Jones to new faces like Jolly Roger, the enemies players will encounter within the game are limitless and will only grow over time with the Pirates film franchise.

Land and Sea Battle: Delve into the building blocks of a true Pirate lifestyle – battles! Learn the basics of how land and sea combat are set up, including the weapons players will have at their disposal.

Community Q&A

As your e-mails keep pouring in, we'll continue responding to them in the Community Q&A (http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/thegame/communityqa.html) section of the site. Send in questions or comments on anything from avatar customization to ship features to storylines This is your chance to talk directly to the makers of Pirates of the Caribbean Online! Read a sampling of what your peers are asking about.

Chescat
05-02-2007, 04:07 PM
So we've been playing with the gaming site people huh!

Good news is Rat Cat got approved again. Bad news is, its on the one that has two evil dolls and the dagger so she can't play very well since she's not trained for the pistol or the cutlass. I think I'm going to miss Swabby. :(

So I'm pretty much playing with Kat Bluerat. I like the hacking and slashing and blasting. Gets my anger out. The quests seems to be flowing better and all the missions aren't overlapping. The main quest is on the left tab and the Elizabeth Swan quests are on the right tab. Makes it a lot cleaner. If we could get these weapon problems fixed, I'd be so happy. :blush:

Patricia
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm still completely lost, but a ten year old girl showed me how to get on my ship instead of under it. :blush: then she got me to Tortuga to talk to jack, but we didn't listen to him.. aftewards she took out a few enemy ships.

I may never have to play. :)

oh yeah.. I made all my money playing poker, then I lost all my money playing poker. Heh.

Cat, I'm a hacker and a slasher.

WDWfanatic742
05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
What: Stress Test #4

When: Saturday, May 5 - 6 to 9 pm (PDT)

This Saturday, May 5, we'll hold our fourth official Stress Test to get a feel for the game's current capacity based on the latest game build. Data from this test, coupled with all of your feedback throughout the beta period, will help us to optimize the game, and allow us to deliver the best experience possible for the launch later this spring.

So... let's go ahead and push the game to its limits! Grab your pirate brethren (as long as they also have beta access) and join the adventure from 6 until 9 pm (PDT) this Saturday. Remember, this is still beta and all the extra pirates might produce some extra problems - thanks for your support!

Look for more Stress Tests coming soon!

WDWfanatic742
05-03-2007, 04:09 PM
May 2, 2007 [pirates_1_0_6_1]

A number of client crashes have been fixed.
Improvements have been made to reduce latency issues - this will help to increase performance during PVP battles.
Launcher and game interface artwork has been updated.

I seem to never actually swim in the water anywhere but Port Royal to launch a boat. Just keep on walking on the ground and of course Tortuga is the only other island with a dock master to launch a boat.

BTW, this is my 27th post in this thread :D

Chescat
05-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I seem to never actually swim in the water anywhere but Port Royal to launch a boat. Just keep on walking on the ground and of course Tortuga is the only other island with a dock master to launch a boat.

BTW, this is my 27th post in this thread :D
Actually on the 200 credit boat, since the last build, I can never go to the back cannons on the top anymore. I can't go up the steps. Also in Tortuga last night I couldn't get off my ship. When I did the teleport I ended up swimming through Tortuga. Now that was interesting. When are they going to fix our weapons. :mad:

Patricia
05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey, I actually sailed my ship on land in Tortuga. I may have went a little too far with it, I actually lost my way back to the sea... so, that was fun. :pirate:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks so much Cat for the Tortuga tip.. I was wondering how people teleported! I haven't gotten a ship yet. Still need to run around in the game and explore before I get something. I really want to meet up with you guys.. (not 'cause I need help, but a games always more fun with your friends!) I'm still going by Swabby and/or Lefty. I'm probably the one asking people to join their crew and getting beaten by the skeletons :blush:

WDWfanatic742
05-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Anyone else up for meeting up before the stress test tomorrow? I'm going to be at my league's championship game (nope not in it :() so it would have to be after that for me at least. Anyone up for around 7 pm EST in the pub on Port Royal where they have the Texas Hold'em Game in? We got probably 10 or 15 people that are on here that have a key from the looks of it.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Pub in Port Royal? I must be lost. Where is that again? :blush:

Oh and I sunk my first ships! Sinking is fun ^_^

Patricia
05-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Sadly, I can't make it tomorrow night.

Have fun!

WDWfanatic742
05-04-2007, 08:41 PM
The pub is in the first town coming from the jail building. You have to keep on going straight until you can go left and the building right in the middle with the glass (what is that thing called) on a sign.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks Fan! I'll to make it. If not I'll post here :P

WDWfanatic742
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
The game is impossible to play because the game window is cut off at the bottom with the ad on top and they didn't decrease the playing screen window.

Chescat
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
The game is impossible to play because the game window is cut off at the bottom with the ad on top and they didn't decrease the playing screen window.
I did the following after trying it once:

1) Change your resolution on your screen to 1152x864, that gets you enough of the options button to get to options

2) Once in options change your screen to 1024x768

Then it works. Wasn't that easy. :faint:

I did find out from somebody that I was playing into the night with. I got to level 8 notoriety and got the quest to get the dagger. The girl I was playing with had the voodoo doll. I believe she told me that she got that from level 9 notoriety.

So I think I may know how to fix Rat Cat or any of our other problem pirates. They changed how we do things where at first we bought them in the store. Now it seems its depending on your notoriety. So I'm going to try and see if I can get Rat Cat up to her next level and see if I get by cutlass training back. :cool:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Argh! It seems that every time I want to join a Stress Test I miss it. Boo and yeah..

Anywhoo, I logged on to one of my accounts and my name was vereified! Look for Stellaluna ^_^ I still have to check my other, (which is Swabby, I think) who has the ship called Sea Dragon or something. :)

Chescat
05-11-2007, 02:07 AM
I was wrong, its 800x600 you want on the Windows Resolutions under options in the game. Just tried it. :)

mook3y
05-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Couple of game play questions.

Anyone find the tongs yet? I have everything but the tongs for the Wil quest for dagger.

Also, anyone else having problems changing weapons? I have in my 3 slots, cutlass, pistol and grenades. I can not use anything else any more. Lvl 11 noteriety over all, not sure what the deal is.

Also, on Canons, I hit lvl 10 and nothing to use the extra point on now, all the slots are full on skills.

I have reported these, just curious if anyone else seeing these issues.

Patricia
05-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Aye, "Patti" is now sailing around on the "Victory Wolf"

I'm seldom on as I have no idea what I'm doing. I do know I've completed quests, just a fluke I'm sure, or maybe I do know what I'm doing..

:confused:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Also, anyone else having problems changing weapons? I have in my 3 slots, cutlass, pistol and grenades.

To use them you press F1 to switch between the 3 slots. Or are you talking about switching weapons for the slots?

Chescat
05-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I got the same problem, looking for the tongs. I've tried hitting all the Navy ships I can find. I just finished getting the East Indian Company Tasks. Also have problems finding the corpses. Ones I'm finding are level 7. I can get them, but always get nailed by another enemy hitting me the same time. I'm at Level 8 1/2 now.

Don't make same mistake I did. I switched by mistake a voodoo doll with my cutlass. Now not trained to get the cutlass back. The gun though I think is pretty useless. I'm using it until I can level up to the voodoo doll.

I'm also can't captain my 200 credit boat anymore. Says I can't captain it. I tried selling it and buying a new one and it didn't do any good. May have to try the one inbetween. How do I get sailing credits if I don't have a boat that can do the embarkment thing. :mad:

WDWfanatic742
05-12-2007, 12:38 AM
I got on today, did what you said cat and that worked. Like you, when I tried taking out my boat from the dock master it said for my big boat that I couldn't take it out for some reason that I can't remember now. I'll try checking later.

mook3y
05-12-2007, 10:57 AM
To use them you press F1 to switch between the 3 slots. Or are you talking about switching weapons for the slots?

Yes, switching the weapon in a particular slot. No can do. :(

mook3y
05-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Also have problems finding the corpses. Ones I'm finding are level 7. I can get them, but always get nailed by another enemy hitting me the same time. I'm at Level 8 1/2 now.

In Tortuga, if you are on the beach where you can buy ships at looking at the guy you buy them from. go to the left of his shop and follow that path.

The first tree/cave you come to, go straight back over wooden bridge. when you hit wall, if you look to your left you will see a couple of small buildings with 3 guards.

Run straight through or around that "village" (you can outrun them if you go straight through). keep going and you will go through 3 scorpians and see a cave.

Run into the cave. at this point, when you go into the new zone, you can stand there and heal if you need to.

Now there are mercanaries and thugs right here. I have been able to run past them (not too close) without having them chase me. You go just to the left of the mercanary camp and straight.

there are some low level bats here, no big deal.

just past the bat room is a ramp going down to next room with a few different "mobs". just at bootom of ramp and to right a little is either a corpse or a carrion. Drop off the ramps side and that is a safe place to pull the corpse/carrion to.

The corpse's are lvl 6-9. carrions are 9-12 and are tough suckers. I was lvl 9 with lvl 8 cutlass when i did this camp. I had to use 2 or 3 potions at a time to beat the carrion.

you do know about potions right? (elixar) i think it is called! you put it under your F4 button so you can heal yourself fully in mid fight.

Hope this helps.

I would help you with corpse if you need it. My toons name is William Warscum - Also have Mookey, but until they let me put a cutlass back on, wont be using him.

Chescat
05-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Actually where to you find those potions, I've been looking. :(

I've been trying to complete the quest (putting crew together) that said look for the person dressed as an East India company that's finding the thug. I finally got to Level 9. He was level 11. I was so proud of myself. I would shoot him run, shoot him run. Took like 10 minutes, but I got him and completed that quest after a few more questions. I know practicing run away, run away would be helpful someday. :blush:

mook3y
05-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Actually where to you find those potions, I've been looking. :(

I've been trying to complete the quest (putting crew together) that said look for the person dressed as an East India company that's finding the thug. I finally got to Level 9. He was level 11. I was so proud of myself. I would shoot him run, shoot him run. Took like 10 minutes, but I got him and completed that quest after a few more questions. I know practicing run away, run away would be helpful someday. :blush:

If you know how to get to the mansion, you can find potions pretty easily.

From the dock where you launch your boat, run up towards the mansion. Just before you turn right to head up to the mansion, there is a house with a salesman standing out front. Name is Thomas Stareaston.

The Green Elixar heals you 100%

Chescat
05-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Yay that worked, thanks. Beat a level 8 and level 5 guy at the same time. :thumbsup:

Now if we can just find that first mate to get the Tong. Been asking in the game and nobody even knows what that is. :secret:

mook3y
05-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Yay that worked, thanks. Beat a level 8 and level 5 guy at the same time. :thumbsup:

Now if we can just find that first mate to get the Tong. Been asking in the game and nobody even knows what that is. :secret:

I will certainly let you know if I find out where the ellusive tongs are. I can't help but wonder if it is even completed yet.

Seems like the upper levels of the game isn't really being revealed to us yet.

Chescat
05-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Last night I found another place where the is a Corpse and he's a little bit easier to hit. You go behind the Mansion on Port Royal and into the transition area (I'd call that). When you get out, instead of going right, go to the left. After passing some of the skeleton type guys, continue to the right where there is a graveyard. He's hiding in the back. He has some other skeleton's in front, but if you can get passed them, you got a clear shot at him. He's between level 7-9. He hits you with curses, but with two exliar's I can get him.

Found another tip last night from somebody we sailed with. If you hit the masts first, then get the boat. You get 4x the amount of treasure. We sailed with somebody that took us to Cuba. The ships out there were 22x or 23x. With a crew of 5, we got a lot. :)

Also if you sail out with somebody and they do the cannon and you just sail. You get the sailing points (since we lost our 150 and 200 boats because it says we can't use them). Its the only way to get sailing points anymore, that I can see. :)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow you must be really advanced on battling people. I can't get past the skeletons >_<

I guess my calling is saved for the ships. I think I'm on Level 5 for Cannons, but I'm not sure if that's a very high standard :P

WDWfanatic742
05-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm on 5 too but I haven't been on much so I don't know if that means much. If you can find a bunch of people and one person who has high sailing points that can afford to get the big ships, I'd do that. The two cats and I got 1,000 gold last night each just on 6 cargo things. Lots of easy cannon points too...

WDWfanatic742
05-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Another update and new features!

May 11, 2007 [pirates_1_0_7_0]

The player's user interface has been changed.
The jungles, caves and swamps in Port Royal and Tortuga now have names.
Buried treasure is more closely guarded by enemies.
VIP passes have been added to the game's lookout system, allowing players to specifically invite crew members and friends to join them in PVP combat and parlor games.
The "Challenge to Skirmish" has been fixed.
Navy Guards have been added between the town and Governor's mansion.
Gold drops from enemies have been balanced.
Auto-sail and auto-run have been added. Press Shift-W to enable.
New loading screens have been added.
Visual effects have been improved for OpenFire and Thunderbolt skills.
Subtitles have been added to in-game cut scenes.
Cannonballs from enemy ships can now hit player ships.
Game Options should now stick upon restart of the game.
We are testing the Basic Access (free) mode of the game - all new accounts created with beta keys will default to this. Basic Access play is ad supported (will run inside an ad frame) and provides players with limited access to certain game features. Please help us test this mode of the game!

I'm interested to see the new interface and the auto-sail feature in action. Cannonballs can now hit us (I loved that about beta, you could never die!), and they are now testing the free mode. That means that they will be sending out more keys to people.

Edit - Forget about going out and shooting ships by yourself anymore. Those days are long gone. Just trying to go to Port Royal without stopping, I got hit about 5 times and my ship health went from 1200 hp to 1113 hp. Then trying to position yourself to make a shot is worthless because these computer ships will move their own ships to shoot yours. Find that buddy and get on the game because you are going to need the captain sailing at all times while having people shooting at the same time.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Woot. It's too bad that they added guards for the Governor's mansion. I thought they had Elizabeth Swann in there so I've been sneaking around. There's nothing in there so it's not a real loss. :P

WDWfanatic742
05-16-2007, 08:37 PM
More things I noticed:

CPU ships will chase you down and follow you everywhere.
You can now hit other people's ships.
If you lose alot of health for you ship, it's not much to repair it. I had to pay 4 gold coins to get about 400 hp back.
Freebooter may mean that your account is the basic (free) account. That's why we can't sail our 150 and 200 gold boats. It says that freebooter's can not sail those boats. If you can get level 5 sailing, you can get the next level of ships.

Chescat
05-16-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't know if its happening to anybody else, but since I've gotten this new update, I can't level up on anything. I'm not getting points on anything I hit. I've taken down some the corpses that were a lot higher than I was and nothing. So I guess there is no way to get up to level 5 sailing to get the bigger boat back. :mad:

Cat and I do seem to be dying more since they can shoot back. :blush:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Guess it won't be as easy. Most of the time I'd just sit at the butt of the ship and keep shooting it. It doesn't even look like they notice :P

Chescat
05-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I spent 45 minutes looking for a navy ship last night (have to kill 6 to finish my chicken quest - yes there is a quest to find chickens - part of the dagger quest). All I find is War ships. The ones with the pirate flag, you can't kill since you get the little green circles after a while. So all I saw was burning ships all over the place. I circled all of Tortuga and Port Royal. Hit a couple other islands too. (So is this telling me on the free version there will be no ships?) I used to battled 4 or 5 at a time. :cool:

And for the main quest, we still can't find the right sargeant to kill to complete that task.

varcity
05-17-2007, 04:34 PM
I really need to start playing again... :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
05-17-2007, 09:29 PM
There is a new trailer on www.disney.com where they show new characters in the game and (hopefully) the smoothness of the game when it does come out. Then says opening spring 2007.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-17-2007, 10:04 PM
The thing is, Spring seems to have passed a long time ago :P I'm trying to get on Pirates right now, but maybe 'cause all of the new changes it's taking forever to load.

WDWfanatic742
05-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Spring doesn't start until the beginning of June I believe.

Chescat
05-18-2007, 02:24 AM
Spring doesn't start until the beginning of June I believe.
Your kidding her I hope. :confused:

The vernal equinox takes place in the northern hemisphere on March 20 at 2:55 p.m., EST, marking the first day of spring.

The Summer Solstice is Thursday, June 21, 2007 in the northern hemisphere this year. The Summer Solstice is the longest period of daylight in the year.

So technically Spring 2007 ends, June 20th! They got around a month.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Gee, this is confusing. Either way, it's way too hot for me to be spring :P I guess when they open it up we'll have all our quests done and have to help everyone else. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
05-18-2007, 08:50 PM
You knew what I was talking about Cat. Put start instead of ends :blush:

WDWfanatic742
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM
May 18, 2007 [pirates_1_0_8_0]

Graphics settings lowered for min spec machines.
Graphics settings auto adjust based on available system memory.
Poker and blackjack feed into overall notoriety now.
Morale meter improved and moved near player interface.
Quest related speed chat added.
Kingshead access limited to Unlimited Access members.
Soundtracks have been added to cutscenes.
Intermittent ship repair crash fixed.
Crash fixed for accounts with approved avatar names.

The game still isn't working for me...

varcity
05-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Fan, haven't been reading the posts much, but does yours quit on you before you pick your character? tried to sign in the other day and it quit on me there.

WDWfanatic742
05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Yup, it's a problem that most people are having and nobody has a solution for it right now.

Chescat
05-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Yup, I get my character part up. When I select either pirate, it immediately crashes after I hit play. Been like that since the new build on Friday. Sometimes I get an error that it says server not available, but most times not error.

Poor Nachocat has been all alone slashing and hacking her way through all the pirates and they dropped her down a level too. :pirate:

WDWfanatic742
05-23-2007, 05:56 PM
A new update and still no fix to the crashing:

May 22, 2007 [pirates_1_0_8_1]

A fix was put in for the hanging Pirates window when the server crashes.
Fixed the missing hull panels on ships.
Fixed the bug that threw you into the middle of the ocean upon exiting a ship.
Crash was fixed for cargo and loot popup.
Crash was fixed for the cleanup of confirm Dialog.
Fixed zoneLOD system.
Fix was put in for player being stopped at tunnel entrances with the message "Use your new cutlass to defeat a skeleton...".
Fix was put in for crash that was happening when selling a ship.
Improvements were made to quest titles and descriptions.
Other numerous bug fixes were implemented.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Fixed the bug that threw you into the middle of the ocean upon exiting a ship.

Finally. I hate it when I have to log out because I'm stuck hanging there while I'm being shot by Guards on the Port Royal ships :P

Lately I've been trying to get on but it takes forever to load. How long does it take for anyone else?

Chescat
05-23-2007, 07:42 PM
I've read a couple people, de-installed the game and re-installed it. Should we dare do that? I haven't tried the newest one yet. :confused:

WDWfanatic742
05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Just by re-downloading the game, the icon on the desktop is different and the log-in screen is different when fetching and installing the new updates. With a movie of a pirate ship and thunder in the background.

EDIT: Nope game still closes the same time as the old version of the game. ARG...

janmathatter
05-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I have not had any trouble playing the game other than the usual problem of me not being that good at it. It's back to saying unlimited access and the annoying pop up of authorized access only is gone for now. Also reputation is back to being just so many added and the deduction part is gone. It took me a week to get back to Level 7 but I did finally. Also my map is messed up and looks like a patchwork quilt. I have no idea where I'm going if I teleport, so I haven't been going any where. Also, it's no fun out there in pirate land alone.

Chescat
05-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Cat's not alone anymore. Woot! Stilgar and I found her last night. :D

Good news guys, I was able to get on my middle ship last night. That girl we meet was able to get on the boat too. I might try to see if I can buy that 200 credit ship. It seems to be faster and more stable as far as not crashing.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Aww, man. Still need to find you guys. What's your guys' titles? I want to keep an eye out for you. :) Look for Swabby, Stellaluna, or the Sea Dragon (that's my ship). :thumbsup:

Chescat
05-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Aww, man. Still need to find you guys. What's your guys' titles? I want to keep an eye out for you. :) Look for Swabby, Stellaluna, or the Sea Dragon (that's my ship). :thumbsup:
Nachocat is Nacho Cat. I'm Kat Bluerat. Nachocat was told last week by some pirate that she was hot stuff! We do make a fashion statement I have to say that. She's in green and I'm suppose to be in blue, but it looks more like turquoise. My ships all start with the blue title (had to delete and restart so many times I forgot which ships I still have. I think Blue Tiger and Blue Lion). I think I'm giving up on Rat Cat, she can't get her cutlass back out of the inventory. I will probably delete her later and try to get that title back again on something that works.

Doll, we meet about a half hour after VMK closes if you want to meet us one night. Just tell us and we can wait in front of Turner's shop. Cat just happened to run into Stilgar last night. I like this option we can follow each other now. :D

varcity
05-25-2007, 03:50 AM
I need a drum roll: Signed on and (insert that drum roll here).............. Varcity was approved! :mickey:

Took A while to remember where I left off, but am on track now. Had to visit barbossa. But, tried to put my dagger in my "f" key spot, but it says I need dagger and cutlass training, but not pistol? confusing. I am just happy I got on. :mickey:

Chescat
05-25-2007, 12:20 PM
What happened to your cutlass? If you took it out of your inventory, you might be toast like I was. You can never put it back in. When you visited Barbosa, he puts the pistol in your F2 position. What's in your F1 right now? (Will Turner puts the Cutlass in your F1 position)

I deleted Rat Cat last night since she was stuck without the cutlass and the gun. So started a new character with Rat Cat and just stopped her early on. This would be my third of fourth time at getting that title back.

varcity
05-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Has anyone found Behave yet?

I can draw my cutlass, but when I saw Barbossa he put the gun in f2 replacing my dagger. So now I can't change my cutlass or dagger until I get the training, but I have been trained in cutlass. I am only level 3, maybe I will just start over. Think I can re-apply for Varcity?

Chescat
05-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Has anyone found Behave yet?

I can draw my cutlass, but when I saw Barbossa he put the gun in f2 replacing my dagger. So now I can't change my cutlass or dagger until I get the training, but I have been trained in cutlass. I am only level 3, maybe I will just start over. Think I can re-apply for Varcity?
Behave is having computer issues right now and can only get on her mom's machine every once in a while.

I would start over. Rat Cat was at level 8 and I gave her up. I've reapplied for that title at least 3 times and have gotten it back. If they would happen to start us over again, if they see that title associated with us, I think we're going to be okay. Since you know how to use the sword, I was already back at level 3 last night in less than an hour.

I think I found out why we had freeze problems last night. There wasn't that many people on, but I think this might have had something to do with it (dated 5/25/07 on homepage):

In conjunction with the film's release, we demonstrated the latest build of Pirates of the Caribbean Online to fans at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. Invited Guests took part in this Ultimate Fan Event to get an early look inside the film and also got a sneak peek into the Pirates Online game world.

Also what gives. I got all these quests I'm doing for the dagger Quest. Now when I complete and try to go to the next one, I get can't do it until you complete a Treasure or Collectors task (can't remember that title now). I don't know what that is and not willing to give up the 89 things I did to get this point! I also can't do those little tasks for credits since the people won't talk to me.

For Jack's quest, has anybody found that Sargeant we need to get stuff from. I've killed every Sargeant I can find everywhere and still nothing!

janmathatter
05-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I've been getting the message that I have to go to Tortuga to see Jack for new plan. Since my map is messed up, I have no idea where Tortuga is anymore and the last time I tried just hitting a spot, I ended up somewhere that was sure not Tortuga.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Nachocat was told last week by some pirate that she was hot stuff! We do make a fashion statement I have to say that.

:funny: :rotfl: :haha: :silly: :crazy:

Doll, we meet about a half hour after VMK closes if you want to meet us one night. Just tell us and we can wait in front of Turner's shop.

I'd love to. I will tell you on VMK when I want to meet. The thing is, every time I start POTC Online it crashes. I'm not sure if it's the computer or Online.. It always says "POTC has to close. Sorry for the inconvience." :(

Chescat
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Okay Varcity, no more singing or short jokes or I will cast you adrift in the open seas. I do have a bigger ship then you do! :fresh:

Guess what, got Level 11 after you crashed. We still need to add you to the guild so you can play on the BIG ship. :woohoo::woohoo:

varcity
05-29-2007, 08:39 PM
you're about 9 points on my sailing level away from being the same size ship... And I took helm for you, I could have run a mutiny and took that ship to wherever I pleased! :mickey:

Congrats on level 11. I got level 7 today and upgraded my cannons to the chain shot, but can't figure out where to buy chain cannonballs?? Oh well, hope to sing doll's ship tonight... :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
05-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Any suggestions? I still can't get in the game :(

Chescat
05-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I've seen some people still can't get in. I would suggest writing a bug report every day like I did. Then they can see what the problem is. I have a feeling there has to be a new build coming. Cat's map is still messed up and she has to follow me everywhere to get to the other islands. The quests are stopping for me so not sure if I hit the limit.

About your sailing abilities Varcity. Hmm, wasn't it you that kept running into our guild members ship! Need 9 more points huh! So close but yet so far. :plot:

I'm going to hit the stores tonight. I remember seeing the chain cannonballs somewhere, the grenade merchant? Maybe that's why I haven't gotten it or voodoo doll. Maybe they are unlocked.

varcity
05-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Definitely check out the PR (Port Royal for lazy people) merchants. They have a lot of stuff. Although for the voodoo I would expect a quest to explain how it works first.

I didn't run into their ship! I parallel parked in perfectly next to them. At least it appeared that way on my screen. You're just jealous you can't park like I can!

I played on my parent's machine today and the map was blacked out, but ran farely smooth. Then I played on my lap top and it was pretty choppy when I sailed. I would attack a ship and it would run away and I would have to chase it (difficult on a one man crew, lol) Then, if the ship didn't run, I would be attacking it, then with no warning on my compass, 4 ships would be attacking me and I would sink. It seemed only the EITC ships were attacking as well, Navy ships were the runners.

Anyways, tonight, providing I hit print screen and not f4, I should get the 9 points.

Fan, I sent in a bug report about a week and a half ago and actually was able to sign in I think thursday night? Then today in my email I just got a notice saying sorry and that they will fix it in the next build that should download immediately. So it seems the fix is not far away.

I feel like there is something I am forgetting... oh well, more to come next time :mickey:

Chescat
05-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Varcity got his Level 5 sailing last night. I did do what you guys told me to do and deleted a bunch of my quests that I had opened. That seems to have stopped me from having that collection problem and also the merchants are talking to me finally! And my quests are working. Now I just have one dagger quest and one sparrow quest opened.

The merchant that's by the Blackjack Pub (backside of it, not facing guy with voodoo dolls). He had those things for the cannons. Says I still can't buy it. But the quest thing may have messed that up.

The guys from our guild told me the Sargeant we are after for the Sparrow quest is in the caves. He thought Tortuga, but I went through there and no Sargeant. I think he's in the Port Royal caves. Flytraps are in Cuba.

BTW, Varcity, you forgot who dies at the end of Titanic. ;)

varcity
05-31-2007, 02:03 AM
Yup, got myself a big ship now! I don't have a little dinghy anymore!!! :thumbsup: You haven't upgraded to the chain shot have you? Maybe you need to before you can buy it.

Actually I bought an Iron cutlass when it was red, just couldn't use it until I was at the right level.Try it out.

As soon as the merchants realize how much you talk, they won't talk to you anymore :mickey: They will remember why they stopped in the first place. haha.

Also, deleted one of my quests and I was able to pick up 3 more because I completed most of mine. So I am all set, pretty much where cat is but I need to accomplish more before I am at the same percentage.

I know of two fly traps on Tortuga as well though. Haven't explored Cuba

And yes, Jack dies in the end, but it was all in order to show how devote I am. Sacrifice myself so she can keep the plunder :thumbsup:.

Chescat
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
And yes, Jack dies in the end, but it was all in order to show how devote I am. Sacrifice myself so she can keep the plunder :thumbsup:.
Aww Nachocat, he sacrificed himself for you to keep your punder. :D

I leveled up cannon to 11, and still no chain shot (just another level for fast shot). I bought it, but its not in my inventory. I had bought the iron cutlass once I got to level 5 cutlass. I did find a fast way of getting your pistol up. Either shot the fly trap in cuba or stump in Tortuga. They don't come after you and they are between level 9 and level 15. So your reputation points really go up.

I found a sargeant in the tortuga area on 5th seas. Interesting the 6th seas its a veteran. Still no tongs. Also suppose to go to some island to kill giant crabs. All I find are little crabs and they don't count. That would finish my Doc Grog Quest.

varcity
06-01-2007, 10:33 AM
giant crabs are in misty mire on tortuga island.

Funny thing is, they have giant lettering too

Chescat
06-01-2007, 10:45 AM
giant crabs are in misty mire on tortuga island.

Funny thing is, they have giant lettering too
Yeah the guys told me that and I killed the crabs. Now if I can just find that dumbo Sargeant. :mad:

Patricia
06-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I tried signing in one night to find cat and I couldn't get in :( .

I'll be sure to send in my bug report. I didn't realize this was an ongoing issue.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I can't get in either! :( I hate missing this. Everytime when VMK is down or I'm bored I usually go on it and blow a few ships. For the past month or so I log in and it loads, but when the POTC sign in window disappears and a new one pops up, I still have that "POTC has a problem and needs to close" etc problem. Arghhhh!

WDWfanatic742
06-01-2007, 08:13 PM
So does about 90% of the population that had a key (including me). Whoever still can get on, tell us how many people are on all the servers please. If it's low or still normal as before.

Chescat
06-01-2007, 10:03 PM
So does about 90% of the population that had a key (including me). Whoever still can get on, tell us how many people are on all the servers please. If it's low or still normal as before.
As of 7:00pm Pacific time:

33 on 6th seas
33 on 5th seas

Normally at night after vmk closes, about 14-16 on each.

Ayndi
06-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I tried it, but my system really isn't up to their specs. Total lag city.

However, I have added a gig of RAM to my system now so maybe I'll try it again?

I couldn't get the chat part to work when I was there either, has that been fixed (several weeks ago)?

Chescat
06-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I couldn't get the chat part to work when I was there either, has that been fixed (several weeks ago)?
Chat is working now. Some quirky things with it when your not in the same area.

Majolica, your alive!! We missed you. :(

Ayndi
06-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Chat is working now. Some quirky things with it when your not in the same area.

Yah, I'm alive. Stressed but alive. :)

I'll load it up and see what happens, anyone on?

Edit: Well, I said I would load it but geez, it's been loading for about 10 minutes now. :(

This is nuts. 15 minutes at least.

Still loading. *rolling eyes*

Ayndi
06-02-2007, 01:32 AM
I don't even want to play anymore. This is crazy.

Ayndi
06-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Terrible lag, and bad graphics. Yuk.

Patricia
06-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Hmmm.. I still can't get in. It loads and when the game screen pop's open it crashes immediately. I have sent in my reports.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-02-2007, 09:15 PM

MAJOLICA! Hi! ^_^ :mickey: :wave:

mook3y
06-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the tip on getting pistol level up with the flytrap!

Went from 1 - 11 this weekend! Also took me to level 14 at the same time.

Experience after hitting 14 is pretty bad there now.

Anyone know good spots for leveling up higher?

Thanks

Ayndi
06-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey Doll! :hug:

Lots of bugs on Pirates. I have to hit Enter to chat, then hit Enter again to move. I'm constantly hitting Enter to do anything.

But at least I found Cat and Nachocat and Still.

Chescat
06-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Experience after hitting 14 is pretty bad there now.

Anyone know good spots for leveling up higher?

Thanks
You been able to sail to Cuba. They have ghost ships out there that don't shoot back. They are level 19 and above. They spawn over and over. Our guild hangs out there all the time getting our sailing and cannon level ups done. Also lots of treasure. :D

We should find you out there sometime. I got the Blue Dragon ship. :blush:

mook3y
06-03-2007, 09:24 PM
You been able to sail to Cuba. They have ghost ships out there that don't shoot back. They are level 19 and above. They spawn over and over. Our guild hangs out there all the time getting our sailing and cannon level ups done. Also lots of treasure. :D

We should find you out there sometime. I got the Blue Dragon ship. :blush:

cool thanks for the tip. Which "sea" do you guys play on. in case you havent found that out yet, On map you can go to different seas, which are duplicates of the same thing, just different copies of it. I think currently i am on the 4th sea.

Ayndi
06-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I only see 5th and 6th seas on there. I'm on the 6th.

Patricia
06-04-2007, 01:06 PM
And Patti is back on her ship! Arg!

I sent in my bug report explaining I was crashing after loading. Unlike another game site I know, the Pirates people actually sent me a fix. For anyone else having an issue logging in this worked for me.

Now, I wasn't getting the message it refers to.. I was just flat out crashing. Also I had to use explore to find the pirates file.. an easier way is to right click on your pirates icon and click on "open file location", from there you will see the "game_options.txt" file.

Now.. follow the instructions from the email below.

Thank you for your recent bug report to Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

If you are receiving a Windows Application Error that states, "The instruction at '0x00000000' referenced memory at '0x00000000'. The memory could not be read" when launching Pirates Online your video driver may not support OpenGL. Enabling the game to use DirectX 8 may resolve this issue.

To specify Pirates Online to use DirectX8 you will need to edit the "game_options.txt" file located in the "PiratesOnline" game directory on your computer.

1)Go to "Start" | "Programs" | "Accessories"” | "Windows Explorer”".
2)Navigate to C:Program FilesDisneyDisney OnlinePiratesOnline.
3)Double click on "game_options.txt".
4)Make sure "state" shows the text "working" on the line directly below it. It may have "attempted_working" which will need to be changed to "working".
5)Under "api", please change the text "default" to "pandadx8".
6)Save the file then launch the game.

These settings changes will instruct Pirates Online to only use DirectX 8 as the graphic API.

If you are still not able to get into the game after making these changes, please submit another bug report.

Thanks again for your email and we look forward to seeing you soon in Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

varcity
06-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Was on just now and they added a 7th and 4th seas so there is now 4 seas to sail.

I found another seargent as well up at the fort. Beat him and he gave me nothing.

Chescat
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I found another seargent as well up at the fort. Beat him and he gave me nothing.
The sargeant with the tongs is on Tortuga. Still, Nachocat and I got him. We definitely found him on 5th seas, not sure about 6th but he's probably there too.

Once you are in town in Tortuga, go out to the right and go through the tree stump. Pass the scorpions and such and you will find a couple of buildings (before you go into the cave). There are three soldiers normally there. The one that spawns off from the back will either be a sargeant or a veteran. That's the sargeant that has the tongs. :D

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2007, 08:36 PM
June 5, 2007 [pirates_1_0_8_2]

Enemy level ranges have been tweaked.
Fixes have been made to solve the problem of not being able to board ships in specific circumstances.
Improvements have been made to the Game Interface.
A variety of crashes have been fixed.
Some performance optimizations have been made for lower end computers.
A fix has been implemented for swimming after exiting the Barbossa tutorial.

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Still no fix to those of us who can't get on. The fix that Patricia posted up there seems to only work for vista computers as I dont even have a game_options.txt file.

Chescat
06-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Two new things that changed last night, which could be this new build was that Nachocat got her map back finally; there's a new quest book when you first come on. You click it in the bottom right and it takes you to the quest stuff. It goes away after that or if you update a quest. (Just wish I could complete one of my 3 quests going, 2 are completed but won't complete).

Also, used to have Sargeants or Veterans at the top of the Fort. Now its the 15 level guy I can't remember his title. Dumbo, you kill him and get hardly anything. The room that was in the fort with the papers was a missing wall, but you ran into it though.

I'm supposed to find an EITC soldier in the Fort or in the Port Royal caves and have no clue who I'm looking for. Also wish I could get the fire skulls for my cannon like Majolica. :cool:

varcity
06-05-2007, 10:24 PM
The quest book could be in replacement of the "quest added" under the chat that used to be there. Noticed that was gone when I signed on. It was annoying when I had more than 10 quests at a time

Also, I think an EITC soldier would be a hired hand. I have seen a bunch of those around and saw a Level 15 in the Port royal caves

Chescat
06-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I did find out from James last night how to see all the cannon stuff. Guess I've had the fire skulls and the chain & ball all this time and didn't know it. Confusing part is when you go to the store it shows red, but you can buy it. Got my thunder cannon stuff last night with my level up on cannon. :)

In case there are others like me that didn't know, when you get to cannon screen us the mouse wheel to scroll through the different cannons. I kept looking on the screen like cutlass and those others do.

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 04:48 PM
THat bug in the chat is highly annoying, and I have quests that won't complete also.

Got over 10K in gold now though. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I FINALLY GOT IN!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeee :D

The game downloaded a patch looked like 1.0.23 or something like that for the first phase.

It's going anywhere between 0.3 FPS to 6 FPS on my good computer. Is that normal? Cat, you are going to have to get on with me tonight. I need a master since I have been gone for about a month.

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 06:00 PM
You'll get higher fps on the seas that have less people on them. Click on your map, then the dropdown for the seas.

I can get on and help you a bit, what's your nic there?

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2007, 06:57 PM
After getting on for about an hour the game runs alot better than before, even though I still have that annoying black tab bug and at some points go under water and walk on the sea floor. I had my graphics on high so I'll try low tonight and see how much better it can run. I can't get on now, but I'll try to be on after VMK closing or before that if anyone else wants to get on.

I think my name on POTCO is David Plunderbeard.

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
That's 1AM my time. I need to get to bed earlier than that. :(

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Let me try and get on now then. I'll be on the 5th Sea. What's your name on there?

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Majolica.

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I'll be in front of Will's Blacksmith shop on Tortuga.

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm on Padres Del Fuego.

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Okay, I'll head to Tortuga.

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Uh, I don't know where Will's place is on Tortuga. I'm on the dock.

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Nacho? I can't get guild chat to work. We're at Cuba on the 4th sea.

mook3y
06-07-2007, 01:50 AM
I "JUST" got my tongs for the Will quest!!!! From a lvl 8 Saergent in front of the fort on Port Royal.

WDWfanatic742
06-07-2007, 03:08 AM
Let's make a list of everyone on here that plays the game. Need to get this all organized :D:

Intercot - POTCO

WDWfanatic742 - David Plunderbeard
Chescat - Kat Bluerat
Ayndi - Majolica
Varcity - Varcity
Stilgar - Stilgar Redsteel
Janmathatter - Nacho Cat
Patricia - Patti
Moo3ky - William Warscum
Chrisb26 - Captain Dino
Mickeytinkerbellprincess - NA
GlitterDisneyGirl - Esmeralda Seacastle
Tiggerdog - ?
Tinkerbell627 - Illyria (NYA)
LittleDragonErin - Orochi
MonkeyBoyJoe - Saru

Patricia
06-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure if you call it playing, but I'm in there as Patti.

mook3y
06-07-2007, 12:16 PM
I mostly play William Warscum.

Chescat
06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Varcity is Varcity; Nachocat is Nacho Cat; Stilgar is Stilgar Red... (forgot last part). Also add Dino Fan (but can't remember title of his latest character. Got Dino in it). Doll I think listed her characters in a previous post.

I do have a Rat Cat on there too, but she was reset and wanted to keep that title in case Kat lost her cutlass too. But I don't use her. If you do see a Rat Cat running around, then it would be me.

My current ship is the Blue Dragon. Hoping when I get to level 10 sailing I can get the bigger ship. Normally late at night we are sailing on that ship. ;)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I have two accounts.. (yes I know, I'm greedy). My not-very-used-account-that-my-sister-somtimes-uses is Stellaluna. On my main account (I haven't been on so I need to try getting on soon) isn't approved yet, but the ship I have on that one is called the Sea Dragon. :) I'll post again if I can get on.

chrisb26
06-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Hey Fan
I don't log in all that much but when I do you can find me and I am known as Captain Dino!

Stilgar
06-08-2007, 04:37 PM
"Stilgar Redsteel"

Ahoy Intercot Pirates! :pirate::pirate::pirate:

WDWfanatic742
06-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I knew it was something like that. I got everyone that I know of that still goes and plays the game.

Chescat
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
So with the new build they restarted our quests. I was 13 of 13 with Greer and now he's 0 of 13. Since I had completed the Tongs, I still had that as complete, but lost all the others. So Nachocat and I were off Tortuga looking for those darn things in EITC. Only 1 out of every 10 ships had what we were after. Oh well! Maybe the quests will work better and I can get my dagger back. :)

Patricia
06-22-2007, 04:49 PM
I reported being unable to add my cutlass back into a slot. It kept telling me I needed to train even though I'm level 4 with it. I just received this email. I thought others with the same problem would like to know they are working on it.

Thank you for contacting Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

Please know the Pirates Online team is currently looking into this issue. All players will receive a fix to this problem in an upcoming patch, which will be automatically downloaded and installed when released.

We appreciate your help and patience in resolving this problem and hope you continue to enjoy your time spent in Pirates Online.

Thanks again for your email and we look forward to seeing you soon in Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

WDWfanatic742
06-22-2007, 05:12 PM
At least you get an e-mail about the problem. All I get to anything I send in are the standard we will look into this issue e-mail.

mook3y
06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
I reported being unable to add my cutlass back into a slot. It kept telling me I needed to train even though I'm level 4 with it. I just received this email. I thought others with the same problem would like to know they are working on it.

Thank you for contacting Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

Please know the Pirates Online team is currently looking into this issue. All players will receive a fix to this problem in an upcoming patch, which will be automatically downloaded and installed when released.

We appreciate your help and patience in resolving this problem and hope you continue to enjoy your time spent in Pirates Online.

I have had the same issue and received that same e-mail over 2 weeks ago. :( and i am lvl 9 cutlass

same issue does not let me equip voodoo doll either.

Chescat
06-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I gave up weeks ago and restarted Rat Cat. She's not primary character anymore.

I also want this 5 ship bug to be fixed. I can sell or buy anymore ships. I'm worried since I'm at level 13 sailing now and if its not fixed I can't get my warship when we get to level 15. (We want to blast that Cuban gang right out of the water with our fleet). ;)

I also want the quests fixed. I'm stuck with 3 open for a month and still can't delete or restart them. On Rat Cat, I'm just doing them one at a time and see if that makes a difference.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh jeez I really should start getting back to the game. Got my head in VMK clouds right now. I've now got enough coins for a Light Galleon. I should've shot the ships before they could shoot back. I tried sinking an East India Trading ship but it kept shooting back :blush:

Patricia
06-22-2007, 06:26 PM
I refuse to restart patti. With my luck I'd lose my cutlass right away again and I just loaded up with gold.. taking care of my little poker debt. :blush:

Chescat
06-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Poor Rat Cat has been restarted at least 3 times, so she's used to it. The second time was when we all got reset and had to start from scratch! :mad:

Patti we do notice you are in that poker place an awful lot. :cheers:

WDWfanatic742
06-22-2007, 06:56 PM
We should get a poker game going sometime soon...

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Esmeralda Seacastle is my name but you can all call me Disney lolor disney girl :D

WDWfanatic742
07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Check your e-mail everyone that has a beta key for a survey to take!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks fan, I should get to checking my emails now :P

Tinkerbell627
07-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Cuban gang, beware! Zumop is the latest pirate to sail the seas... almost.

So last night I met up with David and I started PotCO, and I was defeated after battling my first skeleton. Once I was out of jail and almost got put back in it by guards, I decided the best thing to do was run away so I leaped off the building into the ocean.

What? You would have done the same thing!

After I found out which way was up, I swam to shore. I ran into a few ships along the way, but I made it.

Next we met up with the two cats and I got to see them battling zombies. I just stood and watched. Then I decided I was too tired for combat training with David so I left. But I shall return to the sea, my hearties!

Soon, we will be the most feared fleet on the seas and everyone will tremble and beg for mercy! Muahahaha...

And by the way, I will not be going as Zumop on the game. Honestly, does the name Zumop strike fear in your heart? What self-respecting pirate goes by Zoo? I'm trying to get the name "Illyria" approved. A little tribute to one of my favorite TV shows...

varcity
07-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Any updates lately to quests? nothing on the home page so I don't want to sign on. I hate being stuck on my quests and playing without a purpose!

LittleDragonErin
07-04-2007, 08:20 PM
If you haven't run into myself or Monkey yet, we're both in as well. My character is Orochi and Monkey's is Saru.

Chescat
07-04-2007, 08:42 PM
If you haven't run into myself or Monkey yet, we're both in as well. My character is Orochi and Monkey's is Saru.
Look for the character Orochi that really needs to put a sweater on. :eek:

WDWfanatic742
07-04-2007, 09:29 PM
New updated list:

Intercot - POTCO

WDWfanatic742 - David Plunderbeard
Chescat - Kat Bluerat
Ayndi - Majolica
Varcity - Varcity
Stilgar - Stilgar Redsteel
Janmathatter - Nacho Cat
Patricia - Patti
Moo3ky - William Warscum
Chrisb26 - Captain Dino
Mickeytinkerbellprincess - NA
GlitterDisneyGirl - Esmeralda Seacastle, Kitty Seacastle
Tiggerdog - ?
Tinkerbell627 - Anyanka
LittleDragonErin - Orochi
MonkeyBoyJoe - Saru

GiltterDisneyGirl
07-05-2007, 02:02 AM
I am also Kitty Seacastle

Here is a funny thing....

I pick the name Seacastle because I love the little Mermaid. But as I was watching a Horzion video of the ride I notice the name of the Sea movie you get to pick at the end of the ride was called Sea Castle Resort. Pretty freaky. lol

Jeremy
07-05-2007, 03:34 AM
well tonight i got on and it ran good.
lag but better then not being able to move.lol
but i got my name,its Jeremy he he
so if you see me say hey.
and i am having truble with lerning how to talk.

I just got my sowrd and supost to meet some one for somthing? lol:confused:

but anyways.
It was the first time i got on in a long time.
because i fell and could not play it.
But im trying now.
hope i can find you guys some how.
and trying to learn this thing more better.:blush:

Tinkerbell627
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Well, I got my name approved, but now it's "Anyanka".

Jeremy, you can usually find them battling giant Venus Fly Traps and zombies. Mostly in the swamps of Cuba. :)

LittleDragonErin
07-05-2007, 02:15 PM
AUGH! I'm stuck. 3 of my quests are bugged and not registering as complete even if they say they are. So now I can't move onto the next quest. :/ Bugs stink.

Look for the character Orochi that really needs to put a sweater on. :eek:

Well, when you guys go to crab island, look for a giant crab who took it. :)

Well, I got my name approved, but now it's "Anyanka".

Jeremy, you can usually find them battling giant Venus Fly Traps and zombies. Mostly in the swamps of Cuba. :)

Or you can find me running along the beaches of Tortuga and Port Royal. That's how most people find me. :P

Chescat
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I think Zoo landed on that same crab last night. Yeah you can see this girl that needs a sweater running up and down the coast!! Zoo is normally swimming her way around Cuba. :)

Oh and a piece of advice here. Please for now stay off 5th seas if you don't want to be harrassed by that cuban gang. They normally are hanging out in Cuba (TYPING IN ALL CAPS). We had an accord and are staying on 6th seas for now. We figure Disney will deal with them soon hopefully. Between our seafury guild and Stilgar's guild we can handle them, but if you are out there solo its not worth the trouble. Our two guilds work very close together and we help each other out with leveling up. :)

If somebody wants to meet us, just PM one of us and we'll set something up. Some of us are normally on about 1/2 hour to and 1hour after VMK closes. :)

WDWfanatic742
07-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Some of us are normally on about 1/2 hour to and 1hour after VMK closes. :)

Then some of us are on until the next morning :D

Chescat
07-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Then some of us are on until the next morning :D
I meant that as our start time. Didn't say we play this darn thing until 1:30am my time in the morning. Disney Girl has dark circles under her eyes now. :secret:

Tinkerbell627
07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Anyone up for an all-nighter tonight?

Just kidding... unless y'all actually want to..?

I played a little this afternoon and discovered lots of little places to go on Tortuga. Anyone up for a swamp/jungle raid?

The Tortuga Jungle Trek:
We'll start in the Misty Mire, battle some gators and skeletons, a fly trap or two, maybe a bat or your typical Navy soldier.
Next, we'll head into the Rat's Nest where we'll take on some mercenaries and tree stumps (walking tree stumps?). And there are some pretty stupid zombies that are fun to pick on.
Then we'll go into the Tortuga Graveyard and then into the Thieves Den.
After that, we'll make our way into the Wildwoods and finish the tour!

Even better, we could make it into a competition. Whoever gets through the entire thing alive and with the most rep points wins!

I love a good competition! :cloud9: :boxing::trophy:

See ya tonight, me hearties!

WDWfanatic742
07-06-2007, 10:21 PM
With the recent news that after July 16th at noon we will be shut out of the game for a month and a half, I honestly think that anyone still trying to build up their stats and quests should just stop. In that amount of time, they will probably reset all of our accounts. Let's see what they can come up with when they let us back in during September.

LittleDragonErin
07-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Ever since I got locked up in my questing, I've been doing bug hunts and bug reporting left and right.

So far my favorite is heading into the swamp on Cuba and then going out without using the bridge. "Look, it's the back side of a pixelated swamp!" Hee hee!

What I'm trying to do actually is figure out how to up my cutlass points. Early on it was easy. But fighting these level 10 and higher goons is more difficult. It's like they parry every 3 out of 4 hits. Hopefully that doesn't get tougher in the next build. :/ That's why I kind of want a dagger. Range and hand to hand weapon in one. ;)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Someone please tell me how to talk.. and no Zoo, I don't mean "type and press enter" ;)

Every time I click on the texting box it says I need a code for Friends or something.. It gets really annoying when I have to say Ahoy! or Shiver me timbers! because I have to choose from the box.

BTW, my name on there is CaptainCutLass, but I will also be making a new pirate (waiting for approve). :)

WDWfanatic742
07-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Hit enter before you talk, type in whatever you want to say, and then hit enter again.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Okay, I'll try thanks Fan. BTW, I didn't see any of you guys tonight. Where were you? :)

chrisb26
07-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Okay, I'll try thanks Fan. BTW, I didn't see any of you guys tonight. Where were you? :)

We where on the other side of Port Royal I think :confused: in some cave which seemed to have lava and there where these giant guys that where all higher then level 10 and we where killing them :D pretty fun I now have a cutlass level 6 and notoriety!

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Someone please tell me how to talk.. and no Zoo, I don't mean "type and press enter" ;)

But I did tell you to press enter before talking...

Oh well. Easy misunderstanding.

I tried playing with y'all last night, but my computer is so slow, that when I go to where everyone is, it takes forever. And before I know it, something has already beaten me up and I'm in jail again. I always have this problem when I try to play around other people instead of by myself. *Sigh* I'm destined to be a rogue pirate forever. :(

And David: you left kind of suddenly last night. Everything okay?

WDWfanatic742
07-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah I'm fine. I was alot more sleepy than I thought I was and sort of going crazy just sitting there so I just got off my computer fast and tried to get to sleep.