PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribean Online Game is Opening

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Chescat
07-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Zoo we notice you had a jail cell with your name on it. Poor Zoo. :)

Dino we were in Padres. Its an Island below Port Royal on the map. Those caves have the Zombies and all the Assassins and Hired Hands. Only place you can really get your levels up when you are high notoriety. Its the only other place that you can launch your boat from other than Port Royal or Tortuga. The blacksmith there is the double barrel shotgun and some people have been able to buy and sell their ships there that they have had problems on the others. I still can't because of the 5 ship bug.

I'm happy to say I made it to my level 10 cutlass last night. Level 15 sailing is my next goal (20 more ghost ships). I know some people figure they will quit, but a lot of us that played since the beginning are just the opposite. We have goals we want to get completed in case stuff changes. I was up until 4:00am last night :rolleyes:

We're actually trying to figure out what to do after this closes for a month and a half. Don't know what to do after VMK closes, which they had extra hours for the summer. Hmm Toontown is free for a while huh. :secret:

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking of putting a "Welcome Home" mat in front of it. Maybe some drapes and a couple of pictures. I'm beginning to really love my cell. :waycool:

Chescat
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Nachocat and I spent our first two months in the Port Royal jail cells. We've fixed ours up pretty nicely. One thing that was in the Tortuga jail that they took away was they had the dog with the keys. He was pretty cute. :)

We did have a possible farewell party for Still's dolly. We're all going to miss her. She gives us all inferno in the game. :blush:

LittleDragonErin
07-07-2007, 03:47 PM

Yup and I had one right next to hers with my name on it. :P All that freezing was the death of me.

We did have a possible farewell party for Still's dolly. We're all going to miss her. She gives us all inferno in the game. :blush:

Hee hee! Inferno! Woot!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-07-2007, 04:25 PM
But I did tell you to press enter before talking...

Oh well. Easy misunderstanding.

Oops. :blush: Sorry about that, Zoo, didn't mean to blame it on you. I should pay attention next time :oops:

BTW, do they have different "chat rooms" in the game like in VMK? Because I tried to find Mouse in the game (we were sitting right next to each other) and she couldn't find me. My ship didn't show on her screen at all :confused:

Chescat
07-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Oops. :blush: Sorry about that, Zoo, didn't mean to blame it on you. I should pay attention next time :oops:

BTW, do they have different "chat rooms" in the game like in VMK? Because I tried to find Mouse in the game (we were sitting right next to each other) and she couldn't find me. My ship didn't show on her screen at all :confused:
Are you two on the same seas? There is a 5th and 6th seas. If you are standing right next to each other, the All would be anybody within range can hear you. If you are in a guild, there is guild talk. If you are on a crew there is crew talk (temporary for a mission). Problem is guild and crew tend to stop working.

Okay Zoo, why did you teach Doll how to talk in there. She'll be AFK all the time. Problem is there are no time outs in the game.

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Okay Zoo, why did you teach Doll how to talk in there. She'll be AFK all the time. Problem is there are no time outs in the game.

Well, technically, I didn't teach her. And you do bring up a good point.

I really wish you could pause yourself. At four in the morning, and a couple of caffeine drinks later, I really have to potty! And leaving a character alone is never good. You get back and you're in that cozy little cell.

And Doll, best be staying out of the 5th Sea unless you want to become a member in a gang we all know a love...

Chescat
07-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Actually we may have fun our secret weapon. Send Doll to 5th seas cuba. :blah::blah::blah:

The prison cell is pretty good for AFK, only problem, people think you need to be let out, so they keep wondering where you are.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Are you two on the same seas? There is a 5th and 6th seas.

So if I want to be on the 6th sea to meet you guys and Mouse, I can choose the sea I want to go to by using the map and teleporting?

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 05:57 PM
^ You got it! Just go to the map, go to the pull down menu with the different seas and select the 6th.

Chescat:
The other day, I was in jail and I went AFK. When I came back, someone had opened the cell for me a was yelling at me to get out. They don't understand. That cell is my second home! :crazy:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys you're a lifesaver ^_^

EDIT: BTW, I finally try to get on, and POTC isn't accepting. Says something about not processing information. And I think VMK is down too.. :I

WDWfanatic742
07-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Figures, the game is down. Oh well, off to watch the Pepsi 400 then. :truck:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Where are you guys hanging out tonight? I'm waiting around in the 6th seas in Port Royal, unless I'm helping mouse with her quests. My title is CaptainCutLass :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
07-08-2007, 02:26 AM
I was fighting tree stumps and fly traps with Zumop for an hour, and I think cat and dino were looking for James. Besides that I didn't see anyone else on that we really knew.

chrisb26
07-08-2007, 12:20 PM
AUGH! I'm stuck. 3 of my quests are bugged and not registering as complete even if they say they are. So now I can't move onto the next quest. :/ Bugs stink.

I think I figured out how to fix this. I had the same problem with the croc water. It said the task was completed and when I went back to who I got the quest from he wouldn't go away. So last night I just decided to click "Drop Quest" since it wouldn't go away anyways and since the game is closing next week I figure why not. You know what happened. It gave me the points I was supposed to get for completing the quest. So you might want to try that. It worked for me.

Tinkerbell627
07-08-2007, 01:46 PM
I was fighting tree stumps and fly traps with Zumop for an hour...

I think that is the most fun I've had on that game. I had my very own hitchhiking tree stump and nearly killed David in the process.

And Doll, I'm going to look for you tonight. You just stay along the beaches of Port Royal and we'll come a lookin'!

Chescat
07-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Where are you guys hanging out tonight? I'm waiting around in the 6th seas in Port Royal, unless I'm helping mouse with her quests. My title is CaptainCutLass :mickey:
Sorry Doll, I didn't realize that was you, I couldn't turn my character around. I saw the hey Kat, but never saw you. (see Nachocat and I are always being picked up all over the game since we are these good looking wenches, and leave the guys in the dust ;).) When Dino and I ran to start up the boat I froze really bad and we teleported to Tortuga. We were trying to find James.

Fan I saw your message on Guild, but Guild chat wasn't working, was like that most of the day. James picked up Disney Girl in Paseo and we were on the boats the rest of the night.

Sounds like you two were in the swamps playing anyway. ;)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Last night Mouse and I were searching all over Padres 'cause that's where you guys said you were hanging out last time. But then the Cadets started shooting at us, so we took a boat, got shot and sunk again, and had to pay 50 gold in repair :P

Chescat
07-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Sure you were on Padres, there are no enemy ships there. We can try to find you tonight after vmk closes.

LittleDragonErin
07-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I think I figured out how to fix this. I had the same problem with the croc water. It said the task was completed and when I went back to who I got the quest from he wouldn't go away. So last night I just decided to click "Drop Quest" since it wouldn't go away anyways and since the game is closing next week I figure why not. You know what happened. It gave me the points I was supposed to get for completing the quest. So you might want to try that. It worked for me.

Tried that...but the stuff on my list isn't "droppable" now. :/ Oh well...only a week left anyway. Sigh.

WDWfanatic742
07-08-2007, 08:52 PM
What are we going to do for a month and a half starting next monday after VMK closes?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Sure you were on Padres, there are no enemy ships there. We can try to find you tonight after vmk closes.

We were on Padres Del Fuego. There weren't any ships but we went to the fort thing-y and there were guards there. I would usually stay around Port Royal, but I forgot I have summer school tomorrow so I'll have to sleep early tonight :( Drat, and just when I started to go looking for you guys.. :mad: Maybe tomorrow night or during the weekend? I'll post if I can make it :mickey:

Chescat
07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I'll leave you a message about where we'll meet tonight. Usually in same place but I don't want to post it here. This weekend, will be the last weekend we get to play. :(

For tonight, I'm going to suggest we need somebody to meet us out there with a second boat after VMK closes. My ship can only take 6, but that means one person can't shoot. I had 5 on last night and we had to leave Fan, Zoo, and Captain Joey behind. If we get a second ship out there, should take care of everybody. We'll have to see if James or Still have their ships out tonight. James has been fighting to get his cutlass skills up, so he hasn't been sailing for a few days.

Another wanted to let you know. If you don't see Nachocat and I, we are in a different place. Its not good to follow us. When somebody follows it bumps us a couple squares and it then causes us all in that area to be killed. Its a tight place where we are and we are getting killed most of the time. We're only in there since we need the 20+ badies our only way for us to level up and dagger and cutlass. So if we want to shoot zombies or something, let us know and we'll move. :thumbsup:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-11-2007, 01:02 AM
I have a Light Frigate. It should hold everyone else :)

Just that this week is so crammed with schoolwork that its almost impossible to get on. Argh! It's so frustrating. Last week too. And on the weekend I'm going to the movies with my friends, so... :mad:

I'll try to make time to meet you all, it was pretty lonely last week just hanging out with Mouse :P I really want to meet you all and at least spend a night shooting Port Royal ships! :pirate:

Chescat
07-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Since this is our last weekend together, both guilds that we are all pretty much on are having a last blast beta night on Saturday night. I'm not going to post here where, but I'll let people know. Doll I'll pm you. :blush:

Tinkerbell627
07-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Oh oh! Can poker be involved?

Chescat
07-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh oh! Can poker be involved?
Under Lookout there is Parlor Game, PVP, and Treasure Map. Maybe. :blush:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Ack last day today. Mouse & I couldn't be on last night 'cause we went to the movies :blush: Watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Harry Potter 5, Evan Almighty and Transformers all in one day, with a grinding 3-hour tennis practice. My arm still hurts from swinging the racket :P

Chescat
07-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Sorry we all disappeared on you Genie last night. We got a call to arms from Disney Girl and had to sail our fleet out to get the bad guys. With the wind in our hair and bugs in our teeth, we passed the rum and had fun and ROARED! Go Seafurys! :thedolls:

Man, we're going to miss this game. What will we do in the middle of the night for two months (since we never can sleep). Toontown maybe.
:cry::crying::cry:

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Was on at closing and got a picture of it. May POTCO live on and prosper :D :thumbsup:

Yeah, I say we all get on Toontown and rule the game as a group since it is free now.

chrisb26
07-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Was on at closing and got a picture of it. May POTCO live on and prosper :D :thumbsup:

Yeah, I say we all get on Toontown and rule the game as a group since it is free now.

I was at closing also it was kinda sad with the game going away we did a 21 gun salutte :D

As for Toontown I looked into it to see how free it actually was. Well unfortunantly the free version is very limited in what you can actually do. You can only go to places in Toontown Central and do the tasks, games, and fishing here. You can also visit your estates but that is about it. So that means the paying people get all the other streets like Donalds Dock, The Burgh, Donalds Dreamland, Daisys Garden, Minnies Meolidy land, and Goofy's Speedway. :(

So we wouldn't be able to do all that much for free :mad:

So does anybody else know of a free game online that isn't really limited? :confused:

Chescat
07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Nachocat had a good point. Do we really want to take on a third game. If Toontown is limited then we aren't spending too much energy on it and can dump it after Pirates comes back. Plus some of our guild members are on it too. :)

Aww I wish I was there at the end. We were there the day it opened. :cry::crying:

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I know that that was the trial version before but for the summer they were making it free for everyone. Last time I saw, they only changed it like last week to this version because they were making the game like what the free version of pirates is going to be.

chrisb26
07-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I know that that was the trial version before but for the summer they were making it free for everyone. Last time I saw, they only changed it like last week to this version because they were making the game like what the free version of pirates is going to be.

Ah that stinks we must have missed it by a few days then because I tried to go around on the game a couple days ago and it was limited to Toontown Central only I know this wasn't the trial version either.

I do know though when you sign up for VMK you can get 2 weeks of Toontown for free and I think in that you do get to do everything so we might have to look into that.

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm trying the game out now. I used to have an account awhile ago so I'm going to see what the story on this is.

Chescat
07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I have all those printouts that I took to the park. They have trial period for ToonTown. Are those still useable? I got a bunch that could cover us. :)

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Aren't those only 2 weeks long though? Just finished with the game and it's not the premium version. Oh well.

Chescat
07-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Aren't those only 2 weeks long though? Just finished with the game and it's not the premium version. Oh well.
Yeah, just looked, but that gets us through end of July. :blush:

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 06:07 PM
When clicking the shortcut, it says that the game is closed. The beta site is also not working for me.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Oops, sorry guys. Didn't get to see you on the last day 'cause it was a school night :blush: Jeez, real life is taking over.. Call the medics ASAP! :ambal::nurse::doctor:

Chescat
07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
When clicking the shortcut, it says that the game is closed. The beta site is also not working for me.
I'm confused? Toontown is a Beta site? I thought it was a working game. :confused:

chrisb26
07-16-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm confused? Toontown is a Beta site? I thought it was a working game. :confused:

Not all of Toontown is in beta I believe that the free version will turn into an ad supported version of the game so I believe that is what the beta he is talking about is. They have a main site and it is a full working game at least the paying version is.

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm talking about the game that this thread was made for :cool: :D

chrisb26
07-16-2007, 09:57 PM

Oh I see you had me confused since we where talking about Toontown I hadn't realized that we had started to talk about pirates again :blush:

Chescat
07-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Well Pirates online closed today, why would the beta site work? Am I not getting this? :cool:

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 10:03 PM
This site cat:

http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates

Geez, get with the program here cat :funny::fresh::goof::laughing:

Chescat
07-16-2007, 10:13 PM
This site cat:

http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates

Geez, get with the program here cat :funny::fresh::goof::laughing:
But we were talking about Toontown, you specifically didn't say you switch subjects back. :fresh:

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 10:23 PM
I thought that that was only required when we are switching topics about a topic that the thread is specified about that specific topic. :D

Chescat
07-16-2007, 10:48 PM
I thought that that was only required when we are switching topics about a topic that the thread is specified about that specific topic. :D
You must not have gotten the memo. :blush:

Can you tell we are all bored waiting for VMK to come back up. First we lose pirates, now VMK for the night. :wait:..:bored:

WDWfanatic742
08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Where's the news? Thought they said that we were getting new stuff and info soon on the site. It's been a month now. I want my pirates back!!!:fit::angry::rant::blowup::crying: :badpc: :surf:

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Where's the news? Thought they said that we were getting new stuff and info soon on the site. It's been a month now. I want my pirates back!!!:fit::angry::rant::blowup::crying: :badpc: :surf:

I know, I getting board just waiting around for pirates to come back to my life. I just hope they get rid of those black gruads. I'm still having nightmares about them. :(

Patricia
08-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I thought it wasn't returning until some time in Sept?

WDWfanatic742
08-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Right, but didn't they say something about giving us news soon about the game and new features on their website?

WDWfanatic742
08-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Was I right, or was I right? Haha, I love when I am right. New site and new e-mail:

Win Some Booty in the "Caption This" Contest! August 15 2007

Our first official contest has arrived, and we are giving away digital cameras to 10 lucky winners! The rules are simple: take a look at the two screenshots we've provided, come up with an original, creative caption for each of them, mail us your entries, and win! Get all the details here (https://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates/v1/index?pageId=about_the_game#/content_html/community/contests.html). Good luck!

On Deck with the Summer Swabbies! August 15 2007

Each year we scour the seas to find the best of the best - the chosen few who are lucky enough to land an internship with the Walt Disney Internet Group! Check out what the Summer Swabbies have to say as you step into A Day In the Life! You can also meet them "face to face" in this month's Video Insider.

Brand-New Screenshots...For a Brand-New Site! August 15 2007

As you can see, we've given PiratesOnline.com a complete overhaul! Now it's easier to navigate through the site in order to get all the latest news, development updates, downloads, and more! Don't forget to check out the brand-new screenshots we've added for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy!

Pirate Words of the Month August 15 2007

Pirate speak feeling a little rusty? No need to fear - Pirate Words of the Month are here!

Broadside: To fire all guns simultaneously on one side of a ship - a great way to clear traffic jams!
Cutlass: A short bladed single-edged sword usually slightly curved and only sharpened on the outer blade...ouch, sounds pointy!
Gibbet: Public gallows used for displaying criminals to the public. It was custom to display pirates in this way as a warning to would-be pirates entering a city, town, or harbor - not the nicest "Welcome to town" sign.
Mutiny: When the crew rises against those in charge of the ship, taking over command - we've been told not to get any ideas...

Community Spotlight August 15 2007

Seems that some players from Phase 1 of the Beta are going through Pirates Online withdrawals. We can relate...it's happening over here too! Here are some symptoms I've noticed our players have been experiencing:[/CENTER]

Practicing cutlass skills with a broom.
Using "ahoy" and dressing like a pirate in other non-pirate games.
Digging holes in the yard looking for buried treasure. Then afterwards, telling the neighbors, "Wonder why they never give us plunder anymore?".
Grabbing a bottle of tartar sauce from the seafood counter and aiming it at the crab cakes, while yelling, "Bring it on!".
Repainting your garage door all black with a skull and crossbones on it.
Staring blankly at the computer screen, thinking...I know I should be somewhere, doing something...and then snapping out of the trance, only to realize you are digging around the Internet, looking for pirate gold and other treasures.
Demanding you be paid in gold doubloons for anything someone asks you to do.
Special thanks to Queen, AuntieVoodoo, Kate Bluefish, Aabbi Goldbonnet, Tiki and Ariel for providing the crew over here with some hearty laughter!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Was I right, or was I right? Haha, I love when I am right.

I can tell :rolleyes:

Chescat
08-16-2007, 04:23 PM
How were you right Fan, you said no word yet? How does that translate to its coming tomorrow! (Hmm that sounds familiar) :thedolls:

All I know is I want my Pirates back. :fit::angry::fit::angry:

BTW, to one of our piratey people in this thread, Happy Cake Day mook3y!
:cake::birthday:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Happy Birthday mook3y! :birthday: :cake: :party:

WDWfanatic742
08-25-2007, 12:39 AM
We keep waiting and waiting and waiting...

It can be as soon as 8 Days or as late as 37 Days to the end of September :pirate:

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I can't wait 37 more days! :mad: I want my pirate back. :(

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Argh! Pirate blood runs in my veins. Me want to sink ships now! :pirate:

Chescat
08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Did everybody submit their caption entries yet? At least it gives us something to do. :rolleyes::wait:

WDWfanatic742
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
I sure know I won't be paying and get a one in a million chance to get a camera that I don't need or really even want :razz:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Caption entries? What is that? If it's a contest I'll probably lose :P

Chescat
08-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Caption entries?
What is that? If it's a contest I'll probably lose :P
Check Fan's post above for this part:

Win Some Booty in the "Caption This" Contest! August 15 2007

Our first official contest has arrived, and we are giving away digital cameras to 10 lucky winners! The rules are simple: take a look at the two screenshots we've provided, come up with an original, creative caption for each of them, mail us your entries, and win! Get all the details here. Good luck!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh coolio! Maybe I'll try it out. Lucky thing my teacher is giving us the same thing :P

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-29-2007, 07:41 PM
One question here on the contest.. How long are the captions supposed to be? Should it be like a short story or a two-line description? :help:

WDWfanatic742
08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Out of all of my teachers of the past, they have said that captions are no more than two lines at most.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Okay, thanks Fan :) Jack Sparrow camera, here I come :cloud9:

varcity
09-13-2007, 08:12 PM
anyone got any insight:

1) Why are we being treated like VMK members? LOL. Toontown seems to be the only disneyonline game giving frequent updates (just came out with a new neighborhood).

2) Has anyone heard if the beta members will be treated like the Toontown beta members? This means we get to test the game for free on a POTCO test server and get to see the new additions first. But then we need to pay for a regular subscription on the regular server? Or is it just unannounced ATM?

Chescat
09-13-2007, 08:28 PM
2) Has anyone heard if the beta members will be treated like the Toontown beta members? This means we get to test the game for free on a POTCO test server and get to see the new additions first. But then we need to pay for a regular subscription on the regular server? Or is it just unannounced ATM?
Ah, didn't you get the memo. Weren't we doing this for first half of this year? :blush:

I think this is all their sneaky plan. We all are so desperate for our pirates to come back out, we will be willing to pay. :shake:

They need this game out by the time the DVD does. I think this Beta 2 version will be the final version before it goes live and we might only have it for a month or two this time. :(

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh rats. So much for my camera. I was so busy this week with after school stuff that I forgot to enter the Caption contest! Rawr. Do you think I can do it tomorrow and mail it? Or does it have to BE there at the place tomorrow?

varcity
09-14-2007, 10:02 AM
I meant when the real one comes out will we be both free testers and paying pirates?

Chescat
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I meant when the real one comes out will we be both free testers and paying pirates?
I doubt it. But what we can hope for is maybe we get a reduced rate for being Beta testers all this time for our paid subscriptions. :blush:

Okay middle of sept, where is my pirate game! :angry::fit::angry::fit:

For the contest, it has to be postmarked by today Doll! :thumbsup:

GiltterDisneyGirl
09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
has anyone tried opening the game yet? or are we just waiting for an e-mail thats says

Get ready......

Get set........

GO?

lol

varcity
09-14-2007, 06:38 PM
I check everyday on the website for an update :mickey:

GiltterDisneyGirl
09-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Ok when is this waiting game going to end, I am dying here really dying here! If I don't have something to shot at in the next 24hours, i'm going to go use one of my swords to go have a sword fight with someone. Anyone game? I have about a dozen swords here. lol

mook3y
09-15-2007, 12:45 AM
:skull::shake::nono::wait:

Looks like I am going to end up paying $9.95 a day to play.

While Im at WDW! :secret:

WHATS TAKING SO LONG!!!!

ok, im calm now. :cool:

Chescat
09-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Looks like I am going to end up paying $9.95 a day to play.

While Im at WDW! :secret:

WHATS TAKING SO LONG!!!!

ok, im calm now. :cool:
I don't have XP on the machine we're going with. AHHHH!!
:fit::bang::angry:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-15-2007, 04:04 PM
POTC Online better hurry up before we sabotage something :D

WDWfanatic742
09-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Developer Diary #11 - From the Producer's Desk
Jason Everett, Executive Producer, Disney Online
August 27, 2007

During Phase 1 of the Beta test I spent hour after hour with Bilgeratte, an amazingly durable Pirate who, considering his eyes and face, might be a long-lost descendant of Sao Feng - or, allowing for his Fu Manchu moustache and broken nose, might be a pretty recent descendent of some scary biker guy.

I kept a running diary during the Beta for the game developers - what was working and what wasn't, what was fun, what was confusing, and because no self-respecting Producer can resist, a list of things we just had to tweak. Here are a few sample entries:

I got into a Mayhem PVP match with Allan today (and completely kicked his butt… he forgot to bring health tonics with him). I died during the match more than a couple of times, and each time I re-spawned with 0 HP. The recharge time to get back to full health from there needs serious tuning.
The bartender in the Faithful Bridge needs a rag - he's cleaning the bar with his palm. It would also be nice if the guy near the harbormaster on Port Royal flipping a coin actually had a coin.
The Black Mac quests need tuning. His initial dialogue needs to be more direct, telling the player what they are going to earn when they complete the quest. Requiring players to win 150 gold seems fine, based on the way the economy is balanced now, but I'd up the number of skeletons that need to be defeated in the second quest to the 10-15 range. Ideally, the amount of gold Black Mac makes you win and the number of skeletons you have to defeated should be tied to the card you're going after.

After Phase 1 of the Beta ended, the development team spent two solid weeks reviewing everything we'd seen -- feedback from the beta players, thoughts from the development team, bugs, feature requests, balancing and tuning needing to be done, game systems needing refining, client and server performance and stability issues, features that needed to be added, and features that needed to go -- at least for now.

Here's an overview of the work that's gone into the game since we closed the doors on Phase 1 of the Beta test:

A lot of time has gone into refining the UI and the game's control schema. Players don't need to use the TAB key to switch been combat and interface modes anymore, and the mouse-look camera controls are now optional. At the same time we did this we also improved the combat interface. The old radial menu that held each weapon's special skills has been killed and replaced with a simpler interface that's always on-screen. It's faster now to get at your special skills and easier to watch your recharge times - both of which are good things when you've got a dozen undead Carrions charging you.

We've already finished a round of play testing with the new control system, and the results were great -- it's easy to use, and we're really happy with it.

The quest system got a nice polish pass as well, making your encounters with Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, Joshamee Gibbs and the rest of the game's personalities and NPCs (Non-Player Characters) more cinematic -- and making the actual interfaces you will use to get quests and manage quests clearer and more intuitive.

Next up was ship boarding. This has gotten much simpler -- now you can just walk up to a dingy on the shore of any island and use it to row out to (read: pull up) your ship, already rigged and ready to set sail.

Crewing up got streamlined at the same time ship boarding was tweaked -- the definition of a crew is now much looser than it was in Phase 1 of the Beta test - now it's really the pirates who are on the ship. The trick is, to get onto a ship, you have to teleport to one of your friends who is already on deck. This can be someone on your Friends List, a fellow Guild member, or a mate from your Pirate Band.

The biggest and most exciting improvement is the overall sense of story that now permeates the world of the game. There are little things, like the behaviors NPCs have now when you encounter them going about their daily business, the presence of the prison dog in the jail, and the richer palette of sound effects and music. There are plenty of big things too, like great new spawning and defeat animations for Jolly Roger's undead army, a burning town deep in the jungles of Tortuga, and a Navy mining operation in the caves underneath Port Royal. All of this is contributing to make the experience richer and deeper, and the world that much more immersive.

There is tons more to talk about -- more killer PVP game play (And what is PVP, really? Player versus Player or Pirate versus Pirate?), more polish in the poker and blackjack game systems, fine-tuning on ship-to-ship combat, an improved chat interface, and balancing and tuning for just about every weapon, from cannon shot to the voodoo staff. There is way too much to talk about -- you'll just have to experience it all firsthand when you're playing again.

See you in Phase 2 of the Beta!

- Jason (aka Bilgeratte)

chrisb26
09-19-2007, 09:39 PM
There is some more hopefully good new on the game. Right now if you go to where you would sign on the game it no longer says game is closed. It will let you put in your info and it will say it is down for maintence! Shouldn't be long now!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-19-2007, 09:40 PM
In other words.. yeah we know about the game.. give us the date where we can play now!! :D

varcity
09-19-2007, 11:37 PM
massive email was sent out as well to some people that had some stuff in it as well as some side notes related to talk like a pirate day

WDWfanatic742
09-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Phase 2 of the Beta Test - Now Open!

Welcome to Phase 2 and thank you for your willingness to test out the game - we really appreciate your help and feedback!

Please note that we will be holding weekly Stress Tests every Saturday from 11am to 2pm to help test the game's capacity - please log in as often as you can each Saturday to assist us in this process.

Release Notes - September 24, 2007

Mac Version

Beta test version now available

Optimization

Improved game performance and higher frame rates on all machines

General Interface

Eliminated dual mode interface:

The mouse cursor is now always available by default
For camera controls, you can now hold down the right mouse button to move the camera

Weapons:

Weapons are no longer equipped; they are mapped to the F1-F6 keys
Only your current weapon is shown on screen
Skills are now visible/clickable at the bottom of your screen - they are no longer in a radial menu
Tonic button has been added to the screen. Pressing "T" or clicking on this icon will allow you to use the most effective tonic for your health level
Added gamma control so the brightness of the game can be adjusted

Chat Interface

Added Open Chat
The text now scrolls from top to bottom
Interface is less intrusive - it is minimized when you are not chatting

Quests

Quest interface has been simplified
Only one window at a time is active when receiving a quest
Tracking quests is more intuitive and ties in better with the radar
Jolly Roger has been integrated into the game more
Undead creatures now all use the same "Jolly" effect when spawning and dying
Staged scenarios have been added to give enemies a purpose in the game world: burning town, mining operation, voodoo ritual, etc.

Ships

Ship boarding system has been greatly simplified
To board a ship, approach a dingy on the shore and, when prompted, select the ship you want to board from the new interface
We've added the ability to see when a friend or crew member is on a ship, and you can now teleport directly to them
The ocean areas have been named. Trade routes have been added where you can find certain types of ships
Balanced enemy ship AI and fixed bugs associated with cannonballs not hitting ships
Stopped avatar from accidentally falling out of ship

Parlor Games and PVP

Blackjack and Tortuga Hold'em have been completed
Mayhem and Team Battle PVP have been completed

Other Polish

Collision fixes have been made to stop avatars from falling out of the world
More effects added: waterfall spray, ripples, lava steam and bubbles, digging dirt, etc.
New music has been integrated into the game

WDWfanatic742
09-24-2007, 08:54 PM
The Game Is Not Officially Released Yet!!!!!

Log-in Is Not Working. Stay Tuned For More Details!!!!!

chrisb26
09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the Update Fan!!

varcity
09-24-2007, 10:28 PM
could they pick a worse time? Halo 3 releases tomorrow... haha. And I got so much homework, I'm not sure I'm going to check it out tonight unless I pull an all nighter!!! Thanks for the update fan!

WDWfanatic742
09-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Too bad I don't have 360. Only the "other system" that still doesn't have many games.

We're still waiting, and waiting; and waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

varcity
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Wii? Wish I had it, I love the mario and zelda games. Can't wait for the POTCO to come out though!!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
They updated "You can enter a ship on a dingy shore." Does this mean we can board a ship without having a port like at Port Royal? :confused:

WDWfanatic742
09-24-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm guessing you ride the dingy out to your ship.

WDWfanatic742
09-24-2007, 11:28 PM
The game is now past the log-in screen. Downloading the new phase!!!

GiltterDisneyGirl
09-25-2007, 12:09 AM
AHH!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!! Your not kidding are you? You better not be!

varcity
09-25-2007, 01:12 AM
I played for about 10 minutes about 2 hours ago. Not sure of the true quality because it was on my lap top, but glad it's back up!

WDWfanatic742
09-25-2007, 02:22 AM
After playing for around 3 hours, I liked most everything in it. The battling controls are alot easier to use, the layout of the screen is better on the eyes, getting your ship out and controlling your ship are good.

Only thing so far that I really had trouble with was the clicking on other people. It would let me do it sometimes, and other times nothing would pop-up after clicking someone.

GiltterDisneyGirl
09-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Dial up on AOL is crazy my computer is sometimes fast but it all depends on what I'm running, and what i have on my computer. And since Beta 2 I have added my Itunes to this computer with up to 30G of music and podcast. Thank goodness this computer can hold up to 250G. :)

I am glad it's back but I'm going to try and not live my life on it like I did before. Hopefully! I just don't want to end up sick since I don't have health insurice any more. But Tonight I don't think I'll play much because I am already sleepy waiting for it to load, it's about half way through phase 4 already and it's already 2 am. Plus my body is still in much pain from the day before, and my but is still black and blue from falling last week. And no it's not because I was trying something crazy, on trying to live my life like a pirate. lol I was helping Mom move a very very old sewing machine out of the garage to get cleaned up and I slipped. Now my back and arms have been hurting since yesterday morning, I think I most have pulled something, not sure what.

So the game is back, and just hope all this new stuff I won't forget how to fight. I want to bring up my level the best I can!

Blue Genie
09-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Ok I'm having trouble trying to get on the game guys. I can't fine the place to start the game. I try sign up but it saids I already did which I didn't and I can't fine the down load button anywere so what I do?

Jeremy
09-25-2007, 03:32 AM
Aww sorry GiltterDisneyGirl, i hope you get better soon.

I redownload the game to give it a try.
WOOT!! it is alot better.
I can move and fight and what ever.

But now i am stuck, haha:D
How do i still that map thing from the guard at the mansion?:confused:
ITs cool now that i can do somthing more in it.

:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
09-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Go to the govenor's mansion pirate :cool:

Genie, didn't you already download the game before? You should just be able to click the icon on your desktop.

Chescat
09-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Genie, did you get a beta key originally? Or were you just trying to log in?

Pirate, you need to kill a navy solider to get the papers. Its interesting, in Port Royal the jail is now behind Turner's shop area to the left of the new graveyard. There's a navy soldier there. He's a lower level so pretty easy.

They have also changed the movement in the game and how you move. So I think those people - hint hint - that had motion problems before, its not going to be much of an issue now. I play on half screen so its not that bad at all. My DH that gets sick in these games isn't having a problem.

Blue Genie
09-25-2007, 02:29 PM
If I did it's no longer on my computer. Remember I had trouble on my computer and when I had it fix alot of my stuff was gone. If I did sing up I don't remember the user name or password or my character name I did. No I never got a key.

Chescat
09-25-2007, 03:12 PM
The reason its taking your information is, its information its getting from the Disney database. All of your vmk characters are in this database. The crucial part is that beta key in these Beta phases. If we can get you a key, then you just log in as one of your vmk characters and use that key. Its only needed once. (When we logged in last night, we didn't need the key, since we just used our old program we did in Beta 1. Took forever to update once we logged in)

Then it allows you to download the setup program. Once that is installed, it gives you a program that's the login window. That's your login. :D

BTW Genie and everybody else, sorry we all ran like a herd of elephants out of those rooms last night at 8:30 pacific. All my messages lit up that pirates was open. I wonder what the count was on vmk once all the vmk messgaes went around. I never seen so many people downloading so fast in their lifes. It had been open for a bit before that and went down. All we thought of was, GET IN QUICK!!!! So all of us look ilke this, this morning.
:sleepin::surf:

LittleDragonErin
09-25-2007, 03:31 PM
I actually stayed on VMK until closing. Mostly spent entering Sparrow codes and playing Jungle Cruise. But I noticed everybody who's usually on at that time and who plays POTCO was absent. :P

I played for about an hour. They still haven't reapproved my name again (Orochi). And once again I don't like any of the tops so I still need a sweater. :D I do like the new hairstyle...similar to my old one but with a ponytail.

I like the new interface. Much cleaner and less distracting. A lot of problems I had before seem to be gone. I do not like the way we board our ships now (it just looked cooler before)...but I understand how many problems people had with that old style. I miss "drifting" into the dock though when I reach an island. That was just fun lol! I'm not sure about the ship battling yet. I noticed the Phantoms fight back (as I got sunk twice forgetting I'm not able to take on level 13 ships yet lol). The AI ships are smarter too. They don't just sit and let you hit them anymore. So fighting with only yourself doesn't quite work so well. I do like how it's easier to sail and shoot though but having to manually move the camera and it resetting when you stop gets to be problematic when shooting on the move. I do like the fighting...a lot easier now and less clumsy. Some of the graphics and animations I noticed are much better as well. Got kind of confused with a few things moved around (like the jails and some stores and NPCs).

Anyway, that's my first thoughts from playing for about an hour last night...most of which spent making my way out of jail and repairing my ship (is it just me or is the sail from Royal to Tortuga longer now? O_o).

varcity
09-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I wish I was signing on more often. Too much homework this week. Next week should be a lot calmer. I must admit though, my charcter is pretty attractive :cloud9: Regardless of his broken nose I gave him, lol.

Hey cat, how long did you actually play. I got to my physics class this morning and a kid had mentioned he got his Halo 3 game at midnight and beat it by 6:30.... Who does that, honestly. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
The ships seem to take SOOOOOO much longer to get from one place to another.

LittleDragonErin
09-25-2007, 04:59 PM

Okay good, it's not just me then. :P

Chescat
09-25-2007, 05:45 PM
That's our potty break & get drink breaks. Put the ships on autopilot. :secret:

Hey cat, how long did you actually play. I got to my physics class this morning and a kid had mentioned he got his Halo 3 game at midnight and beat it by 6:30.... Who does that, honestly. :mickey:
Hmmm! :blush: Well lets just say four of us watched the west coast play, then nobody around, then we lost Nachocat, then we saw all the people from east coast get on in the morning.
:geek::sail::surf:

Jeremy
09-25-2007, 08:47 PM
oh thanks.
there was three guys two guards and one on a bench.
I trired to talk to them, but no good. lol

so i was lost again.:blush:

Chescat
09-25-2007, 08:55 PM
oh thanks.
there was three guys two guards and one on a bench.
I trired to talk to them, but no good. lol

so i was lost again.:blush:
Ah, no talking. Use that cutlass ability of yours to tear them to screds. Its the guard in front of the jail that we got. Since we seem to be living in that jail after sailing, go to know them pretty well. I've actually put pictures up on my jail cell already. :D

Jeremy
09-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Ah, no talking. Use that cutlass ability of yours to tear them to screds. Its the guard in front of the jail that we got. Since we seem to be living in that jail after sailing, go to know them pretty well. I've actually put pictures up on my jail cell already. :D

oh ok thx.
I will use my sword, it will do the talking for me heh.:thumbsup:

and i have a feeling i better take some photos for my wall to.:D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-25-2007, 09:16 PM
How do you guys get your quests done so fast?? Last time with Mouse it took us a whole weekend to get up to Gib's quests. :rolleyes:

Ayndi
09-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Like Genie I no longer have the icon, as I had to rebuild this computer. Where is the sign in page on the POTC site? I can find new member registration, but not sign in.

Sigh.

NVM - Found it, and not at the POTC either. Geez.

Genie, go here (http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates/v2/index?pageId=release_notes). It should be your regular Disney login.

Chescat
09-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Genie never had a beta key, so he doesn't have access to the site yet. That's why he can't get in. We're trying to get him one.

So does this mean we will see you Majolica! :)

Blue Genie
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I still can't get in the game it said something about a code key?

WDWfanatic742
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
You need a key to download the game. Have you already signed up to be a beta tester Genie?

Blue Genie
09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
It said that I have

Chescat
09-26-2007, 08:22 PM
If you sign up last spring, you should have received your key then and activated your account.

If you just applied for a key after July 6th or something, those keys haven't come in.

Hope this helps!

Blue Genie
09-26-2007, 11:58 PM
I don't remember when i enter it and I don't remeber putting my character name down.

Ayndi
09-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I'm there now. What is up with the teleport totems?

Chescat
09-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I'm there now. What is up with the teleport totems?
Something new. We have to sail now to different places until we get levels to get these totems. When we hit Level 7 Notoriety, it started a Quest for a piece of the totem. :cool:

Patricia
09-27-2007, 06:49 PM
If you need to install the game again a new link arrived on the PotC site today..

http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates/v1/index?pageId=current_news#/content_html/news/currentnews.html

Patti has her name back, but she isn't wearing yellow anymore.. Muhahaha

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Something new. We have to sail now to different places until we get levels to get these totems. When we hit Level 7 Notoriety, it started a Quest for a piece of the totem. :cool:

Ugh Quests. My favorite part :P

GiltterDisneyGirl
09-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Just to let you all know

You get Cuba Teleportation at level 12 you need to go to Cuba to visit Tia. Then Kill the one Navy Cadet there and one Fly Trap, and that's it.

I now have it for anyone that needs to get to cuba!

WDWfanatic742
09-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Increased the ability to see other ships from a farther distance
Fixed bugs associated with leaving a Parlor game from the Lookout system
Completed several server-side optimizations
Fixed various reported client crashes
The cost of ship repair has been reduced
Enhanced support for in-game shaders and reflections on the Mac version
Motion of a player swinging onto a flagship has been improved

Blue Genie
09-29-2007, 12:22 AM
HELP! Cat I need Help. I just got a code key tonight and I got my character but I can't make him move. I they the arrows on my keyboard and it don't work I try the mouse and same thing. Also the game is runny very very slow. What do I need to do?

Chescat
09-29-2007, 05:11 AM
HELP! Cat I need Help. I just got a code key tonight and I got my character but I can't make him move. I they the arrows on my keyboard and it don't work I try the mouse and same thing. Also the game is runny very very slow. What do I need to do?
We've spent the whole night crashing. I'm stuck in Kingshead and now I can't get out so it won't even let kat back in. :mad:

ariel03
09-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone I just joined in the beta testing today. I think I am in the instructual part right now. Wow making the character is so involved. Well I'm off to go looking around more.

Alligirl
09-29-2007, 01:21 PM
We've spent the whole night crashing. I'm stuck in Kingshead and now I can't get out so it won't even let kat back in. :mad:

Uh......sorry that just might be my fault! :blush:
I looked back in my very old email and got my key and decided to give it a try and all it did was crash on me while I tried to make a character! I am going to try again later today ( maybe take that as a warning?!?) How do I find ye me hearties once I am up and running?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-29-2007, 02:04 PM
The first night Pirates was running we met each other behind Turner's place in the graveyard/jail slashing skeletons and cadets :D It was fun teaming up with our swords ^_^

Chescat
09-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Uh......sorry that just might be my fault! :blush:
I looked back in my very old email and got my key and decided to give it a try and all it did was crash on me while I tried to make a character! I am going to try again later today ( maybe take that as a warning?!?) How do I find ye me hearties once I am up and running?
I'm going to be out for the afternoon. Leave me a pm here and we'll find you. You can go ahead and get through some of those early quests to at least get your sword and pistol.

Ice, you get your beta key yet? :confused:

WDWfanatic742
09-29-2007, 05:19 PM
So now Snarky is crashing two different games? :D

ariel03
09-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Wow this new game is a bit difficult to manuver in. I am at level 2 now.
Is anyone able to chat? It says I am not allowed to.

Alligirl
09-29-2007, 06:03 PM
So now Snarky is crashing two different games? :D

Ok now really is it me?!?!?! I cant even get past the sign in page at this point! It looks like it is going to work and then all of a sudden back to the sign in page! :mad:Good grief!!

Blue Genie
09-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Can someone help me out with this game. How do you more. I'm doing every thing and i can't move and it's going very very slow? If this is the way it's going to be then I will not play this game.

Alligirl
09-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Argh!! I want to give up! Ok early this afternoon I was able to go in and make a character. Then we had to go out for a while. After dinner off and on all night I have tried to get back into the game and it is impossible!!! I get the sign in and then it tries to load and then pooof back to the sign in page! I know that it is beta and all but good golly! Anyone else have this problem? Oh JPL told me maybe I didnt have enough memory so I deleted a lot of the kids games (simms, tycoon and such) there is a lot of memory now. Guess what?!? Still cant get in!:thedolls::mad::thedolls:
now I need to get me some of this:marg::marg:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-01-2007, 01:14 AM
YAY! FREE INTERNET! (I'm excited, can you tell?) :D See ya there mateys!

Blue Genie
10-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Well for get me of ever playing pirates with you guys. Everytime I try to move my computer close it up. So maybe until it is fix completely. U will not see me in Pirates:(

Patricia
10-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh JPL told me maybe I didnt have enough memory so I deleted a lot of the kids games (simms, tycoon and such) there is a lot of memory now. Guess what?!? Still cant get in!:thedolls::mad::thedolls:
now I need to get me some of this:marg::marg:

I think your confusing Hard drive space and memory. By taking games off the computer you have made more room on your hard drive, not created more memory. More RAM (random access memory) must be purchased.

I can run Pirates very well with 2GB of DDR2 (double data rate), but most older machines would not have that unless you've upgraded it.

Not sure how much RAM you have?

Click on the Start button
In the menu, right click on My Computer
In the subsequent short-cut menu, click on Properties (if you don't see it, left click on the window to bring up a menu, properties will be at the bottom)

Under the General tab, you will find how much RAM the computer has and information on the processor and version of Windows used. If your running less than 1GB you could be having issues. I also use a faster processor. And.. I would think a good graphics card would help as well, not all graphic cards are equal when it comes to gaming.

Honestly, I thought they were going to create it so that older machines would be able to play.. I'm not sure what they are doing. :shake:

The improvements are huge in the game. I haven't done much, but.. getting around, getting on my ship (without being under it) and using a sword are actually doable for me. :pirate: So, I suppose that means most people will be able to use it, because I'm no gamer and the last BETA version was a complete mystery to me.

Blue Genie
10-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Patti my RAM is saying

2.10 GHz 448MB

Is that good or not. I don't know to mush on Ram so is this why I go super slow on Pirates? And get kick off.

Patricia
10-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Genie, I think you may have shared memory, it's a chip on your motherboard rather than a separate card. Some of that memory operates the system, while some goes to the graphics adapter. You have 448 mg of RAM and that is quite low by todays standards. To compare I'm running 2038 mg of RAM.

(Ugh.. I sound like a complete nerd now)

You could add more RAM to bring it up, but I'm not completely sure more RAM will help anyone specifically with Pirates, but your machine would be better for it... That said, I'm not suggesting anyone run out and spend any money because we don't know if RAM is the answer here. Is there any way of sending in a bug report telling the build team what is happening? Maybe they have a suggestion. I haven't seen a bug report in this new version.

We need to find a specs sheet that tells us exactly what our systems need to run the game. I'll try to test pirates on my old machine (it has only 512 MB of RAM) and see how it operates.. if I can get the internet to even work on it. Be patient, that computer is not really thrilled to connect to the world wide web. :blush:

Chescat
10-01-2007, 04:49 PM
If you are running XP, 250 or 512mb of RAM is very low. We just upgraded my mom's machines to 1GB of RAM and it no longer takes her so long to load anything up.

The video card also is a biggy. Some laptops (one we got) doesn't really have one that has memory on board, so I can't play it while we are gone. Sigh!

Genie, the one thing I did try last night. You had completed your character. He was standing there with the jail cell. I went ahead and got him through the intro and he's standing at the Port Royal dock looking at Turner's Shop. There are a lot of videos in the beginning of that game. So might want to see what its like to walk around Port Royal a bit before you go see Will Turner. If you can't move, it might be the RAM. Its probably caching instead of using the memory. That would cause your problems.

We are running with debug on right now and it takes a lot of memory and disk space to run it. We are in a beta mode versus a real play game mode (yes we are playing). So everything is getting logged to a file as you move. That's why the need for the higher RAM and such. I got 2gb of RAM (had problem and thought it was RAM - was video card!) and when we are shooting on ships there is still a bad lag.

If you still have issues, write to them on the bug report that pops up at the end. It has all your data in it. The help desk has been very helpful this go around in telling you either load this or that.

WDWfanatic742
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Genie, do you use a laptop or a desktop computer? You can always take it into Geek Squad at Best Buy or something and let them upgrade it if you don't know how to do it. For some reason, I had one of my ram ports underneath my keyboard and all that fun little stuff. It can get very confusing very fast.

Alligirl
10-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Ok so "the crew" may have been right. I did a microsoft update on the computer and checked the RAM (ty Patti) of which I have only 504MB But I am now able to run around port royal! I got a sword killed the undead gravedigger and met tia dalma but after meeting her I was somehow thrown back to port royal?! It is a really neat game! After I figure out what I am doing I hope to find y'all in there somewhere!!:)

Blue Genie
10-02-2007, 02:12 AM
This is my mom's desttop and of chourse we don't have the money to get a upgrade so looks like Pirates is out for me.:(

Alligirl
10-04-2007, 12:25 AM
A Scorpion?! Seriously?!?! I kill the undead, take on the British navy, cavort with scurvy pirates and I get taken out by a big bug?!?! That is just crazy!! Wheres the rum??:beer::marg::beer:
Ok I feel better but if I need to sail a ship someplace to find you all then alas it may never be. :( I think I need some kind of pirate ship driving lessons!!

wizardmickey
10-04-2007, 01:11 AM
FIND ME QUICK BEFORE I DO SOMETHING STUPID!
Oh, maybe I shoulda first announced that I GOT A KEY TODAY AND FINALLY GOT IN!
Naturally, I explored a bit, wreaked some small scale havoc, sailed about & had destroyed a Navy ship as per Gribbs (or Gibbs or Joshua) and was trying to find the Den of Thieves when I entered some building and now can't get out of the room I'm in!!!!
HEEELLLLPPPP!

chrisb26
10-04-2007, 01:33 AM
FIND ME QUICK BEFORE I DO SOMETHING STUPID!
Oh, maybe I shoulda first announced that I GOT A KEY TODAY AND FINALLY GOT IN!
Naturally, I explored a bit, wreaked some small scale havoc, sailed about & had destroyed a Navy ship as per Gribbs (or Gibbs or Joshua) and was trying to find the Den of Thieves when I entered some building and now can't get out of the room I'm in!!!!
HEEELLLLPPPP!

Yay your on!!

Where are you exactly do you know? Like the island is it port royal or tortouga?

wizardmickey
10-04-2007, 08:30 AM
It was Tortuga.
I was in that little town square, going from door to door "exploring", finding a mansion, gunsmith. blacksmith, bar, and a few other just empty buildings, when the last one I entered had all of these cannons/cannon-balls/barrel's of guns/paintings & assorted what-nots blocking the door. I walked right past all that stuff and into the room, but when I tried to leave I couldn't get past it again.
No matter... I logged out of the game & logged back in and it placed me back outside of the house in that square in Tortuga. It even approved my name!

WDWfanatic742
10-04-2007, 10:54 AM
It's alot faster at approving names than VMK is anyway :mickey:. We need to set aside a time to get everyone together in the game.

Patricia
10-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Knowing that most of you log in after VMK closes, I hopped on for a few minutes last night and Cat brought the whole clan to befriend me.

As part of that guild will I be able to always see when you guys are around and find you?

(Can you tell I have no idea what I'm doing? Talking is very difficult for me there, seems you have to click on the text box each time.. very confusing for me. I'm a gamer idiot.)

wizardmickey
10-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Don't feel bad Patti, I'm a bit of a gaming idiot myself!
But you do ask some valid questions that I too was wondering about...
And a meet & greet time would be a great idea. But after VMK closes? That's a tad late for me except on either weekends or weeks when I'm home alone and bored...
Will anybody be on there tonight?

Patricia
10-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Well, no wonder they couldn't find you Ice. You were gone to bed. I only signed in long enough to accept their friend requests. Fortunately, I have Cat on IM so I was able to alert her to my being there and where to find me.

Chescat
10-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Having us on friends list, mean you can do a go to and you find us. Reason I put you on the guild is there are 3 ways to talk. Local which is people around you can heard you talk. Crew which is when you are in a crew you can talk to members of your crew. Guild means you can talk to anybody in your guild. And say, hey I'm in Tortuga. Anybody here? :)

Ice, I'll pm you a meet place. Just saying meet in Tortuga. There are 7 worlds, so you can be in 7 different places. ;)

ariel03
10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
My next task is to sink a ship and I think kill so many soliders but I haven't been able to land a hit on anyone and can never seem to sink a ship. Can anyone lend some help?

Chescat
10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
My next task is to sink a ship and I think kill so many soliders but I haven't been able to land a hit on anyone and can never seem to sink a ship. Can anyone lend some help?
I sent you pm on how to find us. :)

For hitting a soldier I would pick on the one by the jail. He's a lower level. Make sure you are close enough to him you see the circle around him. Then just hack and slash at him. Usually a lot of people coming out of that jail, you should get help.

For the ship it is better to have a crew. I would suggest finding a small level navy boat and use your broadsides to hit him. They work in this version and you can take a ship down easier than Beta 1. Keep moving so they can't target you. Around Port Royal even if you hit a Navy ship and they destroy you, if somebody finally sinks that ship, you still get credit for the sink. So I hope that helps. :)

Patricia
10-04-2007, 04:45 PM
They shoot back? :scared:

I guess if you have to move, you can't shoot and move at the same time so you really do need a crew.

Let's say I'm on Cat's ship and we sink a Navy ship.. is that sink credited to all of us that were on board or only the ship owner?

WDWfanatic742
10-04-2007, 05:03 PM

I take it you haven't tried it yet then? You will be very surprised...

Let's say I'm on Cat's ship and we sink a Navy ship.. is that sink credited to all of us that were on board or only the ship owner?

The gold is split between everyone on board from the cargo that you haul on board and the credit of the ship goes to everyone who landed a hit on the enemy ship. The last part I'm not totally sure of but that was how it was in the first beta version.

Chescat
10-04-2007, 05:52 PM

I guess if you have to move, you can't shoot and move at the same time so you really do need a crew.

We had a joke for a few nights. Was on the captain's ship and we had to many gunners. I realized if I shoot once with a cannon and hit the target, then let others take over. I can just stand and do nothing, get the gold and get what I needed. Captain is ordering me a beach chair for the sundeck of his ship with an awning on it. :vacation:

Course I did get my level 5 frigate the other night, so Patti, I'll order a beach chair for you. :vacation:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Course I did get my level 5 frigate the other night, so Patti, I'll order a beach chair for you. :vacation:

How do you even pay for it? Before Phase 2 it was like 200 gold, but now it's a couple thousand! :jaw: :faint:

GiltterDisneyGirl
10-04-2007, 11:18 PM
gold for ships these days are crazy, so i'm not really planning on getting one anytime time soon since, Kat and James seem to always have one. ;)

Ice you need to get on pirates more so we can meet up with you!!!

WDWfanatic742
10-04-2007, 11:34 PM
We used to all get on one ship and just shoot a whole bunch of ships in order to get a bunch of gold. Now, gotta play lots and lots of poker...

janmathatter
10-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Pirating is much more work than before. I got the money for my first ship by playing poker. Now we are getting better at sailing (not me for sure, but others) and shooting ships gets you plenty if you hang in there. The lag and crashing have cost me plenty in the points and gold department. But at the end of last night I had a respectable account of 6700.

Chescat
10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah you should have seen card shark Nachocat there for a while. She was first one to get Light Frigate. Fortunately after shooting a bunch of ships the other night on James' ship, I got my Sloop and Frigate from Level 5. That makes a difference.

We would probably have had more credits if it wasn't for some of those 1 shoot kills. And what's up with us sinking when we board the ships now?

At least we got Ice and Snarky found last night. And Ice got his first battle on the ship. And sunk with the rest of us. :D

Patricia
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm out there in the little boat you get right at the beginning.. just waiting to get clobbered. :eek:

I made a lot of gold playing poker in beta 1, but I also lost a lot as I recall. :blush:

janmathatter
10-05-2007, 03:31 PM
At least we got Ice and Snarky found last night. And Ice got his first battle on the ship. And sunk with the rest of us. :D

I keep telling you to leave the Titanic in port. But it was good to have Ice (hmm.. as in the Titanic hit ice as I remember) and Snarky join us finally.

Chescat
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
If you talk in guild chat (hit space bar and click on guild tab instead of local), just say any inside out people out there! Then they can tell you where they are. I'll warn the other guild members what we are talking about when that happens. :)

We also noticed the minute we found Snarky, pirates went down for a 10 minute maintenance. Coincidence. Hmmm! :blush:

Dino did show a lot of his swimming skills each time the boat sank. Snarky, I give you a 9.5 for that dive into the water off the pier.

WDWfanatic742
10-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I really need to start getting back on :(

OhGee
10-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Just got my key! Have never played this before so I know I will stink at it. Still have to download and set everything up.

Alligirl
10-06-2007, 11:36 AM
We also noticed the minute we found Snarky, pirates went down for a 10 minute maintenance. Coincidence. Hmmm! :blush:

Dino did show a lot of his swimming skills each time the boat sank. Snarky, I give you a 9.5 for that dive into the water off the pier.

Yeah I really dont know what it is about me and crashing games!?! Maybe thats why the kids dont let me near the Playstation??
I kept jumping up and finally diving in the water because I kept trying to talk!! I guess I am supposed to do something before I start typing? Otherwise I will be doing a lot of swimming!:D

wizardmickey
10-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Nacho; I keep telling you to leave the Titanic in port. But it was good to have Ice (hmm.. as in the Titanic hit ice as I remember)...
To paraphrase Steve Urkel: "Oops! Did I do that?"

WDWfanatic742
10-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Release Notes - October 4, 2007

Completed a number of server-side optimizations
Added and adjusted particle effects for the following: stun, smoke, fire
Fixed 'Shackles' bug - player no longer becomes permanently immobile
You are no longer able to break out of 'Stun' or 'Shackles' simply by switching weapons.
Issue with 'Stun' effect appearing over everyone's head during combat has been fixed
Added 'Stun' effect to Cutlass Brawl. Targets hit by the 'Stun' effect cannot move or attack anything for a few seconds, and become immune to further stunning for 60 seconds.
Fixes were put in for various server crashes
Fixed the bug associated with seeing a flagship's boarding timer and panel, even when you weren't battling the flagship
Added a fix for the Windows crash that would happen upon exiting the game
The Three Assassins is now redeemable

OhGee
10-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Set up the game on my computer today. Had a freeze or two. I seem to be on level three now after doing a few quests. Now I need to kill four navy soldiers by the Thieves Cave and sink a ship to show my loyalty. What is the easiest way to find any of you in the game? Right now I am just "Pirate" until they approve my name.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-06-2007, 08:42 PM
That reminds me to get on there, I haven't been on since the night it opened for Phase 2. I bet I'm still "Pirate" also :D

Alligirl
10-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Ok is it just me?! I cant get the game to even open tonight! Is it something I did (hey I heard that crash joke!!)? Anyone else having trouble?:confused:

WDWfanatic742
10-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Must have been fixed. Getting on fine now...

Chescat
10-07-2007, 12:44 AM
That reminds me to get on there, I haven't been on since the night it opened for Phase 2. I bet I'm still "Pirate" also :D
Next time you log in, you should get the title you want or they will tell you its disapproved after all this time. :blush:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Yeah they disapproved it before, but hopefully it will approve this time ;)

Grrr I'm really wishing that I logged in sooner.. I've been loading for half an hour and I'm only at phase 5. :rolleyes:

WDWfanatic742
10-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Release Notes - October 10, 2007

Fixed the problem associated with avatars rapidly orbiting around enemies during battle.
Various bug fixes were made to the PVP system.
A reward description was added to the top level of non-story quests.
Added more server side optimizations to address the lag issues on busy worlds.
Added undead skins for the alligator, bat, scorpion, and wasp enemies.
Made improvements to the visual effects in the Bo Beck/Jolly Roger cut scene.
Fixed the bugs associated with whispering to non-visible friends.
Added a new hole graphic for sails on ships.
Fixed the bug associated with enemy ships spawning in incorrect areas of the ocean.
Fixed the crash that occurred when players leave the poker table and quit.
Added quest-specific speed chat phrases.
Removed the pirate code warning that was coming up when aiming at enemies that are close to another player.
Fixed 3D sound effects for the impact sounds in ship battle. Sound effects should now feel more distant when hitting an enemy ship.
An Exploit fix was added for being able to tag ships and allow other people to sink them.
Fixed some collision and texture problems on the sloop and galleon ships.
The weapon store interface tabs now have images instead of text.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Grrr! I'm not sure if anything is wrong with my name, but still not accepting. I may have to start a name suggestion contest by now.. :rolleyes:

WDWfanatic742
10-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Release Notes - October 12, 2007

Added more server optimizations to address the lag issue on crowded worlds
Removed NPC's from ships - they will still appear when you board a flagship
Fixed the bug that was preventing people from purchasing grenades after they had earned them
Fixed the bug that was preventing people from leveling up certain skills
Moved the friends list to the right side of the screen and added online/offline icons to friend entries
Fixed the missing buttons on the friend detail panel
Fixed a bug that was allowing people to run extra fast and jump extra high.
Fixed the bug that was causing whispers appear as "blah blah blah" when sent to far away friends
Fixed some collision issues on the Warships
Fixed the bug that was sometimes causing the dig animation to not play correctly
Added sound effects for the drinking tonics, as well as the Full Sail and Ramming Speed sailing skills
New text was added for the Steal Ship List quest
Improved ship placement upon deployment around islands
A fix was added to prevent server crashes from happening when a grenade was thrown in PVP
Fixed the bug in the shackles attack for the voodoo doll
A text fix was made for all the broken quests relating to flagship captures
Added a work-around for the SiS video chips

chrisb26
10-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Fixed a bug that was allowing people to run extra fast and jump extra high.

:( That was so much fun :(

varcity
10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I popped on thursday night because I had nothing better to do at 12:30 that night. I must say, the graphics are a lot better, a lot smoother, and the game play is a lot more fun (especially compared to playing on my laptop!) Maybe I'll be on more often now! :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Anyone having a teleport problem on there? I can teleport pretty well in the beginning but after a few teleports I keep clicking on my friends and it never works. I just keep running around and I never teleport. Sorry Majolica for my TP problems, I had to retstart my laptop every time I got off pirates because the darn sign up page wouldn't load. Hopefully it will be better next time :)

WED1901
10-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Well I finally went out there and started to play. After several attempts...my name was approved:

Salty Walt says me!! Yes...I be the meanest pirate to sail the Windward Passage aboard the Savage Swan that can't kill 5 giant scorpions without going to jail. I now have my own cot in there and my name above the door. So look for me all you scallywags…try jail first. lol :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-15-2007, 12:22 AM
I be the meanest pirate to sail the Windward Passage aboard the Savage Swan that can't kill 5 giant scorpions without going to jail.

Or how about me, who ended up in jail for who knows how many times and when I tried to kick open the door I died again! I suppose kicking the door is too much energy for a pirate like me? :P

WDWfanatic742
10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Pre-Order Unlimited Access to Pirates of the Caribbean Online and become an official member of an elite crew of founding pirates.

--- Pre-order now and receive:

50% off your first month, that's only $4.95, and $9.95 each additional month*
A limited edition certified cloth map
An exclusive Founder title for every pirate on your account.

--- With Unlimited Access you get loads of members-only benefits including:

Unlock advanced weapons and skills
Captain bigger and better ships
Create and lead your own Pirate Guild
Embark on expanded quests
Engage in expanded PVP combat
Receive an exclusive crew kit in the mail

Be among the first to set sail through the treacherous waters of the Caribbean! Don't delay, because like unguarded treasure in a room full of freebooting buccaneers, this offer won't last long!

*Please Note: Your credit card will not be billed until the game officially launches later this fall. You will have 15 days after that should you wish to cancel your subscription.

-The Crew @ Pirates of the Caribbean Online

WDWfanatic742
10-15-2007, 10:20 PM
For anyone wondering, I already ordered and it all went smoothly. Just one step closer to the final launch :thumbsup:

ariel03
10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't plan to buy when do you think I will not be able to get in and do you think I will have to do anything special since I am not sticking around?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey, I thought we were getting it free for being beta testers.. I guess not? :P

WDWfanatic742
10-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Just imagine if it was Toontown's prices. $20 bucks a month. :eek:

BTW guys, they will still have the free version available to everyone.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
It sounds pretty cool to get unlimited version, but since I'm using my own allowance now to pay for my stuff, I'm not that willing to :P Arghhh the agony! :sadwave:

GiltterDisneyGirl
10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Our Beta accounts will still be free but have Basic on them with only a high level of 7 I think. But I will be paying for my beta account.

chrisb26
10-19-2007, 11:36 PM
I just saw this which would explain why some people have a basic account right now.

Please Note: Your Beta test account will either have Basic Access to the game, which is what will be available free to players when the game launches, or Unlimited Access, which will be available through a paid subscription. We also might switch your account back and forth between these during the Beta. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on both!

WDWfanatic742
10-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Release Notes - October 19, 2007

Resolved a prevalent sailing crash introduced in version 1.0.10.11 of the release notes
Players no longer have to fear other player's voodoo dolls
Loading screen pictures have been restored
Kingshead bridge and pier have been restored
The tutorial Sea Chest icon's texture has been restored
Release Notes - October 18, 2007

Optimized AI to reduce latency and lag
Added several Flagship fixes
Improved the projectile collision system (relating to cannon balls)
Increased rewards for higher level quests
Polished some rough edges around the PVP system
Repaired several poker related crashes
Removed backgrounds from the Compass
Updated chat panel GUI for "SpeedChat-only" mode
Fixed a number of pirate creation crashes
Resolved several teleport-related issues
Updated numerous models throughout the game
Some quests can now only be completed once
Enemies now chase pirates more aggressively
Walking back from Pantano River no longer dumps you in the ocean
Nametags have been updated:
They are now visible
Guild name is displayed as well
Founder status icon added
Navy officers now hold their swords correctly
Cannon icon is now visible at the ammunition store
Take Aim skill slows a player down when being used

WDWfanatic742
10-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Beta players who pre-order will receive or keep Unlimited Access - UPDATED:

We've corrected a bug in the pre-order purchase flow that was resetting Beta test accounts with Unlimited Access to Basic Access. Beta testers who pre-ordered prior to this fix have been switched back to Unlimited Access and, going forward, any additional Beta testers who pre-order will receive Unlimited Access. We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-24-2007, 10:04 PM
How's the Founder icon thingy? Haven't been on Pirates in a while. All Beta testers have Unlimited right? Or did they change it so that only people who pre-ordered have Unlimited and the rest of the beta testers have Basic?

WDWfanatic742
10-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Founder title is on people who have pre-ordered and the unlimited accounts are also on the accounts that have pre-ordered.

WDWfanatic742
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
What: Stress Test #9 - The last one for Phase 2
When: Saturday, October 27 - 11 AM to 2 PM (PT)
Where: PiratesOnline.com/beta

This Saturday, October 27, we'll hold our final official Stress Test for the second phase of Beta.

This may be your last chance for a while to help push the game to its limits. Grab all of your pirate brethren (as long as they also have Beta access) and join the adventure from 11 AM until 2 PM (PT) this Saturday.

WDWfanatic742
10-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Release Notes - October 26, 2007

Overall level cap was increased to 40 and the weapon level cap was increased to 25
Raised the level requirement for upgrading ships
Added the ability to click on other players' ships to get info about the captain and crew
Added a "Port of Call" button on the map page, which takes you back to the last major island you were on
Increased maximum capacity on all ships
Fixed the rollup/rolldown sail animation that occurs when the player stops sailing
Fixed the bug that was causing player to end autosailing
Pulled the default camera distance back when sailing a ship
Added a hint on dinghys for players who don't have a ship
Balanced damage values for naval combat
More flagship fixes were made
When you grapple a second flagship, the first one will now sink
Fixed the bug where cargo was being misreported if you teleported to a ship mid-adventure
Fixed descriptions of 'Defeat Ship' quests so the ship class is always shown
A new wake effect was added on ships
Adjusted the level at which some quests are unlocked
Fixed the "unknown location" bug
Removed level 1 weapons from weapon shops
Balanced voodoo doll and voodoo staff skills
Added a team agro check - an enemy who agro's will also agro nearby enemies
PVP games will now take place on less burdened servers to decrease lag
Lowered the damage taken from the pistol "take aim" skill
Tweaked the skill set used by Davy Jones' crew
Fixed the bug that was causing players to start with incorrect Voodoo Staff skills
Added a visual indicator to weapons and skills that are maxed out
Added new animations for pain
Added new animations for being defeated
Re-enabled the quest indicator and ray of light for the graveyard and mansion
Added names to NPC's that were missing one (O'Malley, Peter Blakeley, Daisy, John Wallace, Philip Fuller, Clayton Collard)
Added more descriptive text in parts of the Greer, June and Nill Offrill quest lines
Fixed the Jolly Roger soul drain, poision, heal smoke, spectral smoke, and curse hit effects
Updated lighting inside caves to make it easier to see
Made some minor economy adjustments
Guild members are no longer able to eject the guild leader
New island music has been added, so every island now has it's own unique music
Updated both the tavern and sailing music
Made footsteps a bit louder
Added auto capitalization as names are typed in during Make-a-Pirate
Adjusted the size and placement of the Founder token
Some fixes were made to improve sorting of the friends list
Adjusted chat formatting and colors
Fixed Joshamee Gibbs' neck
Fixed the problem that was causing the Report a Bug page to come up when you logged out
Admin messages now use regular message popups and appear in the chat log
Changed the icon for open chat vs. speed chat plus. The speed chat plus icon is now: "+"
Adjusted the art and screenshots on the panel that appears when you are prompted to upgrade your account
Several server side optimizations have been made to address the lag issue
Changed server terminology to "Oceans" instead of "Worlds"
Early entry has been added for new installs. You can now start making a pirate before the full game is downloaded

LittleDragonErin
10-27-2007, 12:08 PM
What's "agro"?

janmathatter
10-27-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm too lazy to type what I found when I goggled agro but there is a good explanation if you do.

WDWfanatic742
10-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Agro - This is frequently seen in MMOG's (massively-multiplayer online games) when a player draws the attention of one or more hostile NPC's (non-player characters) and is attacked by them. Also seen is the "chain agro", where the hostile NPC who was agroed causes the next nearest NPC to also agro on the player, setting up a chain reaction.

janmathatter
10-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks Fan, that was the same explanation I was referring to.

Chescat
10-28-2007, 02:17 AM
Agro - This is frequently seen in MMOG's (massively-multiplayer online games) when a player draws the attention of one or more hostile NPC's (non-player characters) and is attacked by them. Also seen is the "chain agro", where the hostile NPC who was agroed causes the next nearest NPC to also agro on the player, setting up a chain reaction.
In English please.:jaw:

WDWfanatic742
10-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Basically means that if you walk by an enemy and you are close enough to them you agro them, or make them attack you.

janmathatter
10-28-2007, 01:17 PM
It's when a bunch of Level 23 Officers come after you when you least suspect it. And then it Arg o I am dead.

Patricia
10-28-2007, 01:48 PM
It's when a bunch of Level 23 Officers come after you when you least suspect it. And then it Arg o I am dead.

:funny: :funny:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-29-2007, 12:39 AM
:ditto:

Chescat
10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Beta Ends - The Revolution Begins
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'But a few hours o' darkness afore the daybreak of Pirates Online!'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Within 36-hours, the second phase of the Beta test will come to a close. But don't let that get you down - the close of Beta means the official launch is here!

Thank you for all of your valuable feedback and for helping make Pirates Online a world-class gaming experience.

We're sure you are wondering what will happen to the pirate avatars you created during the Beta test... While you will not be able to take them into the live game with you, you will be able to play with these avatars on the Test Server. We have already flagged your account for access to the Test Server - you will be the first to experience all the upcoming game content for Pirates Online.

Over the next 36-hours, the launcher you have been using to play Pirates Online during the Beta test will be unavailable in preparation for the game's full release. However, you can still
play alongside your fellow Beta players by downloading the launcher for the Test Server now.

DOWNLOAD TEST SERVER ACCESS:
Please use the appropriate link below to download the launcher for access to the Test Server. Use your existing Account ID and password to log in:

For PC:
Link Removed

For Mac:
Link Removed

BETA TEST ENDS AND THE REVOLUTION BEGINS:
Join us now on the Test Server as we celebrate the long night before the dawn of Pirates Online.

***PRE-ORDER OFFER EXPIRES AT MIDNIGHT - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30th***
If you are planning to pre-order Unlimited Access, you should do so now -- as the pre-order will also come to a close when the game
launches. Please use the URL listed below to pre-order:

Pre-order:
http://x.go.com/329398?eid=null&uid=258809707

Thank you again for your participation in the Beta test - we'll see you in game!

- The Crew @ Pirates of the Caribbean Online

Chescat
10-29-2007, 08:16 PM
I knew it would start the day after Fan left, it always does. Looks like a launch of Halloween when they are having that pirate event in Hollywood. :funny::funny:

mook3y
10-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Just signed up for it! :thumbsup:

Now.... :confused: do we get to keep our experience this time???

I hope so! :cool:

Chescat
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Just signed up for it! :thumbsup:

Now.... :confused: do we get to keep our experience this time???

I hope so! :cool:
You see the fine print. Can't take your current avatars with you. But you can keep going on the test server. We pretty much knew we'd be reset again. But at least this time we know how to get leveled up even faster. I wonder how long we keep going on test server, might mean some of the basic people still might be okay for a bit. :D

janmathatter
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
The test server is not working for me. I can't get it to finish updating itself, and have tried for an hour.

mook3y
10-29-2007, 10:31 PM
The test server is not working for me. I can't get it to finish updating itself, and have tried for an hour.

I had to cancel and restart a couple times to get it to work. oh had to reboot after it was done too.

Ches - definately will be easier knowing whats up... also.. know better where to use points lol.

mookey warscum be me avatar!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Sorry but what exactly is the test server thingy? I'm lost :P

varcity
10-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I just signed up for my preorder. Probably an hour before the thing launches too, I like waiting till the last minute! haha

Chescat
10-30-2007, 02:33 PM
mookey warscum be me avatar!
Hope to find you in the game sometime. Even if you are a different guild we still like keeping intercot people on our friend's list. :blush:

Yay Varcity! Glad you came along. Now need to get you in the game to get you in the guild, on the test side. :)

Okay after our guild started putting our heads together (that's kind of scary). This is what we have come up with and its kind of cool.

1) Last night we had to reload our systems with a new Test version. You were given access to this new executable that the test server. It contained your beta 2 pirate and everything stayed the same. We will continue being on that test server and testing future drops of the software. What's not clear is, after the game goes live, does the basic accounts on the test version go by by. We don't know.

2) When we are told the game goes live, then you use your old executable that you have been using for beta 2 (or we assuming it will be). The new live system will be connected to that and I would assume some reloading would be necessary. Your guilds and all your pirates have to be restarted.

We'll now better in the next couple days. But cool that we can actually play two different games now. :blush:

WDWfanatic742
10-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Figures that it is after I leave right :mad:

Lots of updates my pirate breathern :cool:

From windy and rainy (and soon to have an unexpected guest hurricane) Florida....

mook3y
10-31-2007, 09:42 AM
The Game is LIVE!

Just got this!

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN ONLINE IS NOW LIVE!

Thank you for joining the crew and welcome to the official launch of Pirates of the Caribbean Online! As an Unlimited Access member, you now have complete access to the entire game, as well as Founder status for all the pirates in your Account. You can log in at any time using the following Account ID:

HAH aint posting that here! =D

To download and install the game, please follow the instructions below:
Please Note: If you participated in the Beta test, there is no need to download the game again. You can simply log in through the existing game launcher on your desktop by double-clicking on the Pirates Online Icon. If, however, you would like to reinstall the game, please follow the instructions below:
Click here to download and install the game.
Having problems with this link? Try pasting the following URL into your browser:
http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates/v3/index?pageId=play&mode=passthru
When prompted, log in using your Account ID listed above.
Once the download is complete, double-click on the new Pirates Online icon on your desktop to finish the installation and to play.
If you experience any problems getting into the game, please refer to the Help Section of our Web site, or contact us directly at: [email protected] or (877) 427-7744.

As the game has now launched, your credit card will be charged $4.95 the first month and $9.95 each additional month.

In the coming weeks, you"ll receive your limited-edition cloth map, and a CREW KIT that further details the benefits of Unlimited Access! In the meantime, we've created an advanced player checklist to help get your bearings.

mook3y
10-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Advanced Player Checklist:

Help Jack Sparrow recover the Black Pearl
Tip: You can disable the Goliath's broadsides by shooting them when they are exposed.

Go head to head with other players in epic PVP battles
Tip: Use your Voodoo Doll's "shackles" skill to stop your opponent from moving, while your teammates hit him with ranged attacks.

Storm Kingshead to battle the Royal Navy and the Black Guard
Tip: Stock up your ammo and tonics before you go, as there are no friendly stores here.

Acquire more powerful weapons and skills
Tip: Increase your healing speed by applying Grenade skill points to your Determination Passive Skill.

Win more loot playing poker
Tip: Find a certain nefarious individual in the tavern on Port Royal and complete the special quests he gives you to get an "ace" up your sleeve.

Welcome to Pirates Online - we'll see you in the game!

mook3y
10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Chescat -
Definately need to meet up to at least get each other on friends list (all of you guys on here for that matter!) I am always up for helping someone out on a quest.

Do you guys use headsets to communicate in your guild? I prefer that so you dont have to spend any time typing to communicate. lol helps tons in ship battles.

Hope to see you soon!

mook3y
10-31-2007, 12:11 PM
DW is home playing the new game, here are some changes....

no spoilers tho.

Quests have changed, they are harder. Be prepared to sink a lot more ships!

Also Quests and noteriety levels have been tied together. Starting at lvl 3 you have to have quests completed to go up to next noteriety level.

Other than that, game play is appearing to be the same as the "TEST" server

varcity
10-31-2007, 12:16 PM
I signed on on this machine yesterday cuz I was bored, and the same thing happened as before. The screen gets a bunch of lines going through it trying to keep up, then the screen freezes but I can hear the music, and then the game gives up so I have to restart the computer. I haven't tried it on my lap top and I'm not too interested in trying it there because it is so much harder on a lap top, especially sailing

mook3y
10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
I signed on on this machine yesterday cuz I was bored, and the same thing happened as before. The screen gets a bunch of lines going through it trying to keep up, then the screen freezes but I can hear the music, and then the game gives up so I have to restart the computer. I haven't tried it on my lap top and I'm not too interested in trying it there because it is so much harder on a lap top, especially sailing

What operating system? XP/Vista?

varcity
10-31-2007, 02:25 PM
xp. About a year ago when I was playing toontown I would sign in, play a couple minutes, and the computer would freeze as well. So I know it's not the game, but I can't figure out what it is!

mook3y
10-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Well off the top of my head, I would say make sure you have the most current video card driver and Direct X

Chescat
10-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Can you tell its the first night pirates opens? We all look like this, this morning.
:surf: ..:sleepin:.. :alarm:

One of our guild members on the test site, yelled about 11:00 I think it was last night, IT'S OPEN!!! We looked like a herd of cattle running for those logins. :blush:

We did get our Guild name approved and I believe Stilgar's Guild name was approved also. That was the race to protect the titles. So confusing now, everybody is swashbuckler, pirate or bucanneer now. Did you see how many servers they got. Wow!

Would love to meet up with you mook3y. I'll pm you and we'll find each other. Right now we are using the headsets for our guild. We're all trying to get used to this. But it does definitely make a difference, since they seem to be limiting some words more and more.

Its somewhat frustrating to be back in our little dinghy's going after those war galleons and ghost ships. Old habits die hard. :blush: One of our guys actually boarded the Black Pearl last night. We were getting a play by play. It was about an hour before game went live. He was so excited. :)

Patricia
10-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Because I am rarely there and my kid has no desire to play it.. we are going basic access.

I can let you know how that goes. :pirate:

Patricia
10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Well, I found a problem already.

With the advertising across the top of the window it won't fit on my 13 " laptop screen. So, I try to move the window up so I can see the bottom.. and it immediatly jumps back down so you can't hide the advertising.. sadly, I couldn't hit the next button to create my pirate.

I tried to change the resolution, but that didn't work either. I did have a live chat session, to no avail. They said send a report with as many details as possible. :(

Anyhoo.. I did get onto a PC and create Patti so I could get her name submitted. I tried to play and she lost her ship in the first ten minutes of the game.. how do I get a new one? Right now I can't even teleport unless I get some voodoo totem thingy (where ever that is available). Currently, I'm stuck in Tortuga with no way to leave.

Sigh, I'm not a very good pirate. :blush:

varcity
11-01-2007, 02:44 AM
I got a new graphics card when I started having toon town problems. I just need a whole new machine.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I still need to create my character, and like Patti I'll also be using Basic :P

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Is it just me, or is Pirates really slow? Every few seconds (it never stops) it freezes for a second, then I can run again for a few seconds, then I freeze again, and again and again. It gets really infuriating after a while, especially tonight when I almost spotted a Seafury but I was too slow to catch up because I was freezing every few seconds. It might be my computer, because Mouse also has Basic but hers runs fine. Mine ran okay during Beta but now it's crazy. Helps!

WDWfanatic742
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Mine seems to run alot better after uninstalling the beta version of the game with all of the stuff that they don't use anymore and just re-download the game. On my ship I get no lag at all.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Okay, I will try that Fan. Thanks so much! :)

Chescat
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
They put out a build at midnight on Monday night. It apparently looked like a graphics update, and we ended up losing a lot of people with it. They put out another build last night and the people seem to be able to get back on (cough Nachocat cough!).

Doll, we need to find you in the game. Tell me when you are going to be on. We are in the Patano Ocean most of the time. :thumbsup:

Patricia
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh.. I sure hope they fixed the problem I was having seeing the bottom of my screen. I can't play if I can't see the bottom, which is odd, because in beta I could always see it. I suppose it was the advertizing on top that messed me up. Sigh.

I'll have to go check now..

Chescat
11-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh.. I sure hope they fixed the problem I was having seeing the bottom of my screen. I can't play if I can't see the bottom, which is odd, because in beta I could always see it. I suppose it was the advertizing on top that messed me up. Sigh.

I'll have to go check now..
Can you run in half screen mode? That should fix it.

Patricia
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Nope.. still can't see it. I have reported this and spoke to them in live chat.. they never offered any solution excpet to ask if they could help me with anything else? LOl, I can't even play to need any other help.

Patricia
11-07-2007, 05:11 PM
How do I run half screen mode?

WDWfanatic742
11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Release Notes - November 5, 2007

Fixed bug causing missing mouse pointer on Mac's
Fixed a memory leak that was causing Pirates to take up more system memory over time
Fixed Voodoo Doll attunement bugs where targets appeared to be attuned but were not taking damage
Fixed the bug which caused your pirate be invisible in Tia Dalma's cutscene
Fixed the bug which caused difficulty performing a cutlass combo while being attacked
Removed warning about being too close to shore when you aren't steering the ship
Made ships respawn in the world faster
Fixed rare server crash caused by a pirate ship sinking. There may still be cases where your screen will hang indefinitely after sinking, in which case you will have to restart the game.
Added new tips for the loading screens
Fixed a bug where enemies were not healing properly after retreating
Adjusted calculation for deciding when a server population is "ideal"
Removed high level skeletons near Tortuga town
Fixed bug in the healing option giving by NPC's that was giving players a speed and jumping boost
Fixed several bugs that caused crashes when creating a pirate and using the "shuffle" button

varcity
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
how about the bug in my computer that won't let me play at all!!!

I beat GH3 so I have more time to do nothing else with. :thedolls:

Chescat
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM
How do I run half screen mode?
Hit Options mode on your character screen. That should bring up the options mode. The 2nd option down I believe shows run half screen or full screen. Run it in half screen and should work. I know in Beta 1, I had same problem and that's what solved my issues. :)

varcity
11-08-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't run full screen. I'll try lowering my graphics

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-08-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm in Patona Ocean and Tortuga. I'm waiting by the wooden boat.. O'Malley is my best friend now. I wait there every night for half an hour but no one comes lol! :P

wizardmickey
11-08-2007, 02:22 AM
I finally got back on tonight... My character was gone? I had to start all over again?!?! What what what?!?!?!?

Chescat
11-08-2007, 02:43 AM
I finally got back on tonight... My character was gone? I had to start all over again?!?! What what what?!?!?!?
Where are you Ice, figured we'd leave Doll on the boat! We are in Patano Ocean. Let us know where you are. :)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Ice you should join me and O'Malley. He is the best rocker ever, you'd guys have a great time together :D

wizardmickey
11-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Where am I? I've had to start all the way over again!!! Create a new Pirate as everything I had to this point is kaput! Go thru all of the tasks/quests all over again! Wait for approval of my name again! That's where I am...

wizardmickey
11-08-2007, 09:22 PM
AHHHH! And I almost forgot!!! Did I just see Doll say that this O'Malley is the best rocker ever?!?!? EVER?!?!?
When it comes time for me to remember all of the little people...

wizardmickey
11-08-2007, 09:58 PM
One last "rant" about the game; Now it has become very difficult to play... lot's of game lag & "stuttering" or "skipping" which has caused me to get my head handed to me over and over again as I freeze up during fights.
Is this the best it's gonna get for the free version? If so, I'm not really happy.