PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member Park Admission

Meryl70
03-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Do Cast Members get free admission to the parks or do they just get a discount on tickets? What about if they are PT?

Thanks.

Jasper
03-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I do not know the answer to your question, but it does raise another question in my mind. If you work there do you really want to go back as a guest or have you had enough? Also, do cast members find themselves picking everything apart because they know how it is suppose to work? Good question!

Goofeygal
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
ONe of my best friends works for disney and yes they do get in free. She does the reservations for the resorts and dinning over the phone and she loves going to the parks on her days off.

Main Street Jim
03-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Jasper wrote:

If you work there do you really want to go back as a guest or have you had enough? Also, do cast members find themselves picking everything apart because they know how it is suppose to work? Yes, I (we) go to the parks quite often - 1) because we LOVE it here, and 2) because we can't afford to really go anywhere else...LOL. And in answer to your second part: yes, my girlfriend and I do that quite a bit - 1) because we KNOW how things *should* be, and 2), because we're both Disney trainers.

Meryl70
03-13-2007, 03:56 PM
What about DVC Sales Reps? Do they get the same benefits as regular cast members?

PeterPan
03-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Our daughter is currently a Cast Member. I just talked to her a few minutes ago. After a long day working at the Disney /MGM Studios, she was riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (which she still stubbornly calls The People Mover), and laughing her head off with several other Cast Members. She goes into the parks not as a CM, but as a Guest. Yes, she has some "inside" knowledge, but she thinks that knowledge enhances her experience, rather than taking away from it.

TheRustyScupper
03-14-2007, 12:50 AM
1) Active CM's get in free with their ID badge.
2) Their spouses and dependents get in 12-times/yr.
3) CM's also get free admissions send to them semi-annually.
4) These can be used or given away to any one.

5) Am I more critical - you bet!
6) It is easy to see where WDW cuts corners.

Clotho
03-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Some of the entry benefits are a little different depending on what employment you have, I have learned. Part time employees get a Blue/Gate Pass. Full time/salaried/management get Silver Passes. Each have their own discounts, entries, limitations, etc.

Strangely, despite the amazing resources on the multiple boards I belong to, I get a wealth of completely mismatched and downright incorrect information when I have asked. My husband is interviewing right now, and we were trying to understand the benefits, especially as it pertains to our upcoming trip!! ;) Luckily I have gotten some corroborating info from some PM's lately that have supported the above info. But that is about ALL I have gotten confirmed! LOL

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes, of course, cast members go to the parks on their days off! When I worked there, I would get off work and run change clothes and hit the parks for dinner and maybe a night show....world class entertianment for free- why not take advantage...

Speedy1998
04-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Now I have a question. If you are a WDW CM (or for this argument employee, :confused: I'm not sure if the office staff/ maintenance crews are called CMs) do you get free or discounted admission to Disneyland, any of the foreign Disney parks or the DCL?

As for the question about getting tired of the parks, my guess is that the CMs would not unless they did not like their jobs. I worked for Little Ceasar's when I was in college, I ate pizza every day while I worked there. I truley love pizza, and I never got tired of eating it.

Clotho
04-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Hubby just got hired recently, and this is his first week. He has been through a two day orientation in Burbank and is now in the office. He confirms that the term "CM" is mostly used for people in the parks. Every piece of documentation he was given referred to them as employees, and when they were verbally addressed they were also called employees. Which makes sense to me. I always felt that the idea of Cast Member was for"onstage"-- important for people who actually interface with the guest. For those who never go onstage, they are like "stage crew", and the idea of Cast Member sounded strange. But I do know from talking to other employees, it seems to very from office to office, region to region...

That was long winded. Sorry!

As for passes to other parks, yes, the Silver Pass I can confirm is good for all parks all over the world. Can't speak for other passes.

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 10:56 PM
If walt disney world hires you- you get free admission. It doesn't matter if your full time, part time or seasonal, you still get in for free....