PDA

View Full Version : Halloween -- Haunted Mansion

DNS
03-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Other than reopening HM after refurb in time for the Halloween parties, will there be anything special with the HM? Anything that will be exclusive to the Halloween season?

Kenny1113
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
There wasn't last year.

Strmchsr
03-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Of course they redo DL HM in a Nightmare Before Christmas Theme, but I can't see them changing anything on WDW's HM when they will still be showing off all the new enhancements to the original ride. Maybe in a year or two. Hopefully. I'm just excited about the refurb finally coming.

JPL
03-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't count on ever seeing the NBC overlay in WDW. The cost to change the attraction does not effect attendance levels at WDW like it does at Disneyland. Not many people outside of the true Disney fans will make a special trip just to see it. At Disneyland attendance is driven by the local guests rather than a large tourist population. Being a local park it needs to add overlays to keep people coming back. I am friends with a few people from Claifornia all who make a special trip to DL just to see the Holiday attractions. Most people who are travelling to WDW are going regardless of what they do to current attractions. A good example was the discontinuation of the Country Bear Christmas overlay with a statement basically saying the cost of the overlay is not justified by an increase in attendance at the attraction.

Jared
03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Disney's logic is legitimate and sounds accurate. Few people will take a special trip to Walt Disney World just to see a special version of The Haunted Mansion. Many locals visit Disneyland, and even more may be drawn by temporary changes.

DisneyNut2005
07-10-2007, 09:28 PM
A good example was the discontinuation of the Country Bear Christmas overlay with a statement basically saying the cost of the overlay is not justified by an increase in attendance at the attraction.

Well, JPL, the real reason why the CBJ holiday overlay didn't happen last year was because they needed to re-clear certain copyrights for some of the songs used in the show, particularly for "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", and they couldn't obtain them on time. It was not because of cost or attendance as other sources proclaim.

So, the CBJ Xmas show, which is still popular and brought in high guest counts (even moreso than the regular CBJ show) IS returning this year.

As a matter of fact, the Rudolph song was cut out of "Celebrate the Season" and "Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" this past year, due to the same copyright issues that caused the Bears' Xmas show to get cancelled for that year.

Mickey91
07-10-2007, 10:36 PM
There hasn't been in years past.

jszczur5
07-14-2007, 06:55 PM
A good example was the discontinuation of the Country Bear Christmas overlay with a statement basically saying the cost of the overlay is not justified by an increase in attendance at the attraction.
Man, that sounds harsh. But you know what, even if they never changed a thing or did another major rehab., I would keep going back. Obviously the forces that be, count on that.