PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Coming to Town

Ian
03-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm really excited ... Genesis is touring this Fall and I was able to get four tickets for their show at the Wachovia Center.

I haven't seen Genesis in concert since like 1988 ... I saw Phil Collins solo once, but I haven't seen the full band in ages.

Hope they rock out like they did 20 years ago!!

DisneyDog
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
They are my favorite band! I've seen them twice and Phil Collins' band once. I saw Genesis in 1987 and 1992 (Vet's Stadium), and Phil in 1994 at the Spectrum. I'll have to look into getting tickets!

Ian
03-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I saw them six times ... once at JFK, which will tell you how long ago THAT was!

Tickets go on sale Saturday morning at 10AM ...

murphy1
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Would love to see them! I saw them back when too! I like their old and new (well '88) stuff. I love Phil Collins and all the solo music each member did too.

Ian
03-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Would love to see them! I saw them back when too! I like their old and new (well '88) stuff. I love Phil Collins and all the solo music each member did too.Would that include "Mike + the Mechanics"???

murphy1
03-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah, some of their stuff, I do like Paul Carrack who was from M&M, I LOVE Peter Gabriel.

Ian
03-09-2007, 06:16 PM
I LOVE Peter Gabriel.On that we wholeheartedly agree.

In fact, early on when rumors of this new tour started flying, I heard it (wrongly) "confirmed" that Peter Gabriel would be touring with them again. That would have been AMAZING!!

As it turns out, unfortunately, that's not to be the case. Apparently, they couldn't work it out (I heard rumors Phil didn't want to take a backseat again ... )

murphy1
03-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Back in the day we used to go down to the Bishop Planetarium in Bradenton and watch the laser light shows, where they always played Gabriel.

Clotho
03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I am so jealous! There is no tour date for Seattle! WAH!

I would've probably flown someplace to catch it if Peter had been touring with them. It melts me just to *imagine* that happening. I adore Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins, and to see them together again...

I haven't seen Genesis since the I Can't Dance tour. Would be great to see them again. *sad face*

Figgyluv03
03-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm really excited ... Genesis is touring this Fall and I was able to get four tickets for their show at the Wachovia Center.

I saw Phil Colins' last tour there! My ex use to work for Tweeter and gave me and my parents free tickets! It was the best concert I have ever been too! Although I cried the entire time he sang You'll be in my Heart. It always reminds me of my grandparents. It took me half the concert to stop crying.

Ian
09-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Well it didn't seem like we had a ton of fans here based on the response to this original thread, but I figured I'd post a show review anyway ...

They were flat out AMAZING! From the moment they came out on stage until they all took a bow and ended the show, they made sure everyone in that arena got their money's worth.

They played for close to three hours and the set list was close to perfect. They really mixed in a lot of much older Genesis music (i.e. from the Gabriel era) including In the Cage, Cinema Show, Firth of Fifth, Carpet Crawlers, Los Endos, Ripples, Afterglow, and Follow You Follow Me (my personal favorite) ... probably a few others I've forgotten.

But they also (of course) hit all of their newer hits. They played Invisible Touch, We Can't Dance, No Son of Mine, Tonight Tonight Tonight, Domino, Throwing It All Away, Mama, Home by the Sea ...

And they sounded great doing all of them. Phil was his normal personable self, drawing the crowd in and really making us feel part of the show. They had some fun audience participation stuff and they did something I thought was really unique ... they had a digital camera on stage and during the show they took pictures of the audience that they'll later post on their website. Very cool ...

Anyway if you're a fan and you have a chance ... GO! You won't be sorry.

Clotho
09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
On the We Can't Dance tour, Home By the Sea was by far my favorite song of the night. They had ghostly lighting and set it up all spoooky. I am so bummed I didn't get to see them this time around. :(

Ian
09-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Yeah, this time it was really cool. They had this screen behind them that was like a big video monitor and they showed this big ole spooky lookin' house while they played Home by the Sea. It looked REALLY cool!

If you saw U2 on the Vertigo tour, it was something like what they used.